Coronavirus Champions League - SF 2nd Leg - Enigma/Pat vs Himannv/DVG

With players at their career peak, who would win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GodShaveTheQueen

We mean it man, we love our queen!
..........................................ENIGMA/PAT............................................................................HIMANNV/DVG

TEAM ENIGMA/PAT

Formation:
4-2-3-1.
Style: Direct, balanced in possession looking to capitalize on the great attacking unit.

Player Profiles:
GK: Gordon Banks
- Complete keeper, one of the best ever with the most famous save in the game.
LB: Antonio Cabrini - Attacking full back.
RB: Philipp Lahm - Playing his natural role as balanced right back.
CB: Alessandro Nesta - complete CB.
CB: Lucio - complete CB.
CM/DM: Pirri - defensive central midfielder. Protects the back four and dovetails nicely Neeskens
CM/B2B: Johan Neeskens - one of the greatest B2B midfielders ever.
AMC: Pele - The GOAT in his natural role.
RW: Luis Figo - In his natural right winger role.
LW: George Best- Left winger.
CF: Ferenc Puskas - Complete CF and fantastic finisher in the box and outside it.

Defence: Balanced back four with Nesta / Lucio in the middle and one more attacking full back in Roberto Carlos, whilst Lahm is in his balanced role.

Midfield: Pirri and Neeskens are well oiled unit with Pirri able to play as a DM in holding role, whilst Neeskens is a bundle of energy that can cover an awful amount of grass. Pele and Figo are well known for their work rate and they will also contribute to the midfield whilst Best will attack the opposition full back at every opportunity.

Attack: Puskas/Pele is a fantastic unit that combines all - pace, power, finishing ability and also complimentary pairing that suits each other characteristics. Figo and Best both are one of the most creative wingers in the game that will provide a lot of chances considering they will most likely get the better of the opposition full backs and is a clear route to goal.

TEAM HIMANNV/DVG

Tactics
Key emphasis on the midfield winning battles in the middle but also helping fullbacks and aiding in counter attacking drives forward.

Defence
  • Generally a deep-sitting defence with Koeman and Godin acting as a Sweeper + Stopper combo.
  • Marcelo and Suurbier act as ball carriers and can drive forward when in possession.

Midfield
  • Keane and Davids help out their respective fullback when the attack is down their side of the pitch.
  • Backenbauer primarily plays as the DM and deals with the player in the hole, but he also contributes to the attack and may drive forward when in possession

Attack
  • The wide attackers are my main players and this is a setup where they are both poised to influence the game.
  • Villa plays as striker and gets on the end of passes and scores, but he also occupies defenders and creates space for other attackers.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
like both teams though Carlos - Best against Suurbier and Koeman(and Garrincha who will do feck all defensively) is just impossible to avoid.

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
I do have Roy Keane on that side who is instructed to help out. You also have to consider Garrincha vs Carlos there.
I like the idea of the wide CMs helping out the full-backs but I think you would want either Garrincha or Ronaldinho to drop to LM or RM when they do so to give you four across midfield, otherwise a quick lateral switch and you could be in trouble with Best or Figo one on one with Suurbier or Marcelo

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Both games look cut and dried to me. Lots of beautiful football for Himmanv/DVG which could get a goal or two, but 3 of the back 4 aren't great in 1v1 situations, especially against Best, Pele and Figo.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
Two very good sides imo, Himann/DVG's midfield is insane even by alltime draft standards, so is Enigma/Pat's offense. Two factors are decisive for me:

- Enigma's backline looks way more reassuring, while still giving offensive power from the FBs.
- Himann's midfield has the upper hand in the center in terms of numbers & individuals. But I think Enigma's team's overall quality on the ball + Pirri/Neeskens will even out enough of that disadvantage to avoid ceding dominance.

All in all, my vote goes to Enigma & Pat here.

GodShaveTheQueen

@thegregster

We are playing 2 legged ties here. I notice that you have voted on the 1st Leg in the below thread but not voted on this leg.

Please vote unless of course you consider it to be a draw.

This whole fixture of 2 ties is very close and I don't want someone to lose because a voter checked only one thread without giving too much thought about the second game.

There is still around 7 hours left. Hope you can vote or comment if you think its a draw.

GodShaveTheQueen

Managers, feel free to tag anyone who has voted on only one game and not the other.

I have done this only for this semi for obvious reasons.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Too much gulf in attack vs defence here.

GodShaveTheQueen

@thegregster

We are playing 2 legged ties here. I notice that you have voted on the 1st Leg in the below thread but not voted on this leg.

Please vote unless of course you consider it to be a draw.

This whole fixture of 2 ties is very close and I don't want someone to lose because a voter checked only one thread without giving too much thought about the second game.

There is still around 7 hours left. Hope you can vote or comment if you think its a draw.
@BIG DUNK , kindly read this quote

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Cheers mate. I too think this was one helluva team that plays to its strengths.
Although your team on the last Draft Final has much better defence, but I like this one more as it shows more synergy. Or maybe that Pirri - Neeskens duo is such a tease to me.