Coropa League - QF - Indnyc vs Michael

With players at their career peak, who would win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GodShaveTheQueen

We mean it man, we love our queen!
....................................................................INDNYC.........................................................................................................................MICHAEL

TEAM INDNYC

Tactics

A play on England 1966 Wingless Wonders.. Sir Bobby retains his position to have a free role and simply go where he chooses.. Coluna is in an attacking B2B role with Rooney and Romario upfront.. Rooney is the ultimate support player and will go all over the pitch and often attack down the left flank..

Rijkaard comes in place of Stiles and is perfectly suited to control the game from his position. The defense is pretty tight led by Scirea.. The fullbacks aren't really uber attacking but will of course support when the opportunity arises

TEAM MICHAEL

My team will be playing a 5-3-2/3-5-2 formation with a fluid front 2 looking to get the best out of Maradona. Dani Alves will be playing as a traditional wingback while Junior will be alternating between attacking down the flank and cutting inside.

GodShaveTheQueen

Both attacks are great but the first instinct is to vote for Indy because his defense seems much better quality wise and Junior doesn't belong in a back 5.

But then I think Rijkaard didn't have a great time against Maradona. Fairly poor record from what I remember and that makes things closer.

Still think Vieira, Coluna and Charlton is good enough support, so going with Indy. A true LWB and I'd have been tempted to vote for Mike.

GodShaveTheQueen

Boy if someone checks this forum for the first time today, they'd think I am creating make believe managers and teams, scheduling games between them, posting thoughts on the game myself and at the end congratulating imaginary beings for a good game.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
:lol:
Voted Indy, great side and lovely to see Charlton given the main role. Michaels attack is brilliant but other then that im not really feeling it sadly even though i like players individually. Like in the first game not a fan of Redondo/Goncalves midfield, you have 2 players to do the job of one. Not sure how would Carvalho(as side centerback, ideally id have him as sweeper/libero) and Junior fit in a 352 either but on those two things id be willing to change my mind, not 100% against the idea.

Enigma_87

You know who
I like what Michael has done here.
Right flank plus Maradona Stoichkov is just :drool:

there are some reservations of course - Junior as a wing back and Tito+ Redondo, butapart from that it’s very good set up.

On Indy I have some reservations about Coluna on that set up and as a whole it looks a bit narrow setup which is well countered by the opposition.

It’s tight for me but have slight preference towards @Michaelf7777777

Indnyc

I like what Michael has done here.
Right flank plus Maradona Stoichkov is just :drool:

there are some reservations of course - Junior as a wing back and Tito+ Redondo, butapart from that it’s very good set up.

On Indy I have some reservations about Coluna on that set up and as a whole it looks a bit narrow setup which is well countered by the opposition.

It’s tight for me but have slight preference towards @Michaelf7777777
Yes the set up is narrow by choice really.. Was trying to replicate England ‘66 which was fairly narrow..

Rooney can easily drift from the left and Coluna can go inside right to provide more width..

GodShaveTheQueen

Yes the set up is narrow by choice really.. Was trying to replicate England ‘66 which was fairly narrow..

Rooney can easily drift from the left and Coluna can go inside right to provide more width..
Coluna preferred inside left zones I think. Should probably swap with Vieira

GodShaveTheQueen

Congratulations on the win @Indnyc

Nice ideas as always @Michaelf7777777 . I think getting an AM while drafting and to debate in the thread will be great for your games since you are a man of few words but excellent ideas. You did win the only draft you had an AM :smirk: