Coropa League - SF 1st Leg - Indnyc vs 2mufc0

With players at their career peak, who would win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GodShaveTheQueen

We mean it man, we love our queen!
.....................................................................INDNYC..........................................................................................................................2MUFC0

TEAM INDNYC

Charlton continues in the 4-1-3-2 formation with Coluna and Didi as side playmakers and Rijkaard sweeping up behind. Romario and Blokhin lead the line with Scirea in defense. Slightly more attacking fullbacks in Alves and Junior

TEAM 2MUFC0

Lothar is given free reign here to dominate the midfield and drive the team forward as he did in his peak years. The back line line and midfield provides energy, power as well as creativity to link attack with defence. Suarez leads the line harrying the opposition defence and creating the space for the other attackers to exploit, his goal scoring will also be utilised with the abundance of creativity from the attacking players. Henry and Jairzinho will relish the selfless play of Suarez and his technical skills when it comes to linking up. The Cole-Henry flank recreates one of the most successful in football history.

Central defence is a powerhouse with Figueroa and Puyol and will be like a brick wall to get through, combined with world class distribution from Don Elias. The dominant Schmeichel guards the goal making it difficult for the opposition to score.

GodShaveTheQueen

This one is tough to call.

Unlike the other game, both team have a few flaws here.

For Indy, Junior is out of place in this team. Cant see what he offers in attack as there is enough of a left sided creative presence there. Need a wing back there. Blokhin is a welcome presence and I am guessing he will drift leftwards more often than the formation expects him to.

Didi again looks more at home on the left side (but so does Coluna).

The rest of the defense and front 3 is bang on though.

For 2mufc0, the fullbacks leave a lot of room for improvement. I rate Cole going forward, but not along with Henry, you'd love to have a way more aggressive presence. Same with Jairzinho and Burgnich too.

With 3 midfielders none of whom is a proper AM and with 2 wing forwards, if there was ever a setup which needed proper wing backs, this is it.

Figueroa's presence against Romario will be crucial and Rijkaard against Matthaus the same.

This is tough to call, will think and vote later.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
This one is tough to call.

Unlike the other game, both team have a few flaws here.

For Indy, Junior is out of place in this team. Cant see what he offers in attack as there is enough of a left sided creative presence there. Need a wing back there. Blokhin is a welcome presence and I am guessing he will drift leftwards more often than the formation expects him to.

Didi again looks more at home on the left side (but so does Coluna).

The rest of the defense and front 3 is bang on though.

For 2mufc0, the fullbacks leave a lot of room for improvement. I rate Cole going forward, but not along with Henry, you'd love to have a way more aggressive presence. Same with Jairzinho and Burgnich too.

With 3 midfielders none of whom is a proper AM and with 2 wing forwards, if there was ever a setup which needed proper wing backs, this is it.

Figueroa's presence against Romario will be crucial and Rijkaard against Matthaus the same.

This is tough to call, will think and vote later.
I agree I could do with a more attacking full back than Burgnich but Jairzinho was really effective without an overlapper, I still think he can be good here, Matthäus will also provide more attack support down middle-right side like in the 1990 wc so don't completely think it's disfunctionial.

As for Cole it appears I rate his attacking game a lot higher than most around here, because he did a great job against some of the best wingers of his time he does get unfairly lumped into the defensive full back category. Imo he was balanced and can provide enough support for Henry on this side.

GodShaveTheQueen

I think Cole would do well with someone like Ribery. With an extreme wing forward like Henry, I don't like him that much even though he did play in diamonds.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
I think Cole would do well with someone like Ribery. With an extreme wing forward like Henry, I don't like him that much even though he did play in diamonds.
Henry did fine with Abidal behind him and he's even more defensive than Cole imo.

Last edited:

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
I've been thinking about this, we can criticise choice of players but it should also be taken into consideration we are limited on who we can pick in the reinforcement round (in this case there are only 2 LB's and 2 RB's). The reinforcement round has helped other teams more than others, i actually think my previous round team is stronger than the two i have now. It's something to think about in future drafts.

GodShaveTheQueen

I've been thinking about this, we can criticise choice of players but it should also be taken into consideration we are limited on who we can pick in the reinforcement round (in this case there are only 2 LB's and 2 RB's). The reinforcement round has helped other teams more than others, i actually think my previous round team is stronger than the two i have now. It's something to think about in future drafts.
There is an handicap on the other side as well with Junior at LWB.

But yea, I think the mix and match does throw some tough questions (sometimes not fully solvable). I guess if someone does try to do this again in a future draft (I don't think likely :lol: ), they can think of ways to improve it. To be honest, I am also looking at it unfold as much as anyone else and hadn't visualized too much more before I thought of it, so some flaws will be there.

i actually think my previous round team is stronger than the two i have now. It's something to think about in future drafts.
This part I don't mind. I don't like the idea that teams have to necessarily incrementally improve in each round. Enough drafts offer that in general.

Enigma_87

You know who
I'm not really in love with Didi and Coluna as side playmakers to be honest. Sir Bobby, Romario and Blokhin look great.

I really like 2mufc0 setup tbh and has my preference. Cole overlapped that left flank when playing for Arsenal with Henry in the team and playmaking winger in Pires pretty well IMO.

Figueroa is one brilliant fit for Romario and Puyol/Burgnich is a very potent option to keep tabs on Blokhin.

Sir Bobby is also well taken care of in the zone between Simeone and Souness.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I like Indnyc's in here, and 2mufc0's on the other game. I thought this would be one sided to Indnyc, and the other one to 2mufc0. Hah..

Indnyc

I like Indnyc's in here, and 2mufc0's on the other game. I thought this would be one sided to Indnyc, and the other one to 2mufc0. Hah..
:lol: To be fair, I don’t think there is too much between either team.. It’s just a matter of preference really

GodShaveTheQueen

Congratulations on the win @2mufc0

Tough luck @Indnyc . I think the wingless wonders setup is hardly ever created here and if someone is looking for an inspiration for some new setup to try out, this is a brilliant one with so many good options available.

Not very far from the Lobanovskyi one @harms created a few drafts ago but still really under used.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
GG @Indnyc you put together 2 great teams.