Corry Evans going out on loan

Widnes

Corry Evans hopes he can carve out a senior career at Manchester United.

The younger brother of United defender Jonny Evans, Corry is ready to move away on-loan in January.

“Sir Alex has said that when he feels the time is right and the right club comes along then I will most likely go on loan," said the midfielder. “Whether it is when I go back or in the New Year, I'm not sure.

“As well as Jonny, there have been other players who have come through the youth teams at United like Danny Welbeck and Federico Macheda who have shown it can be done.

“They've both shone on first team stage and showed that Sir Alex Ferguson still has faith in his young players.”

Corry Evans ponders Man Utd loan exit | Premiership News | tribalfootball.com

So what sort of level do you think he will be loaned to?? wouldn't think he is ready to play in the premiership but is he good enough for the championship or will he be loaned to league 1 first a bit like Cleverley.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
So what sort of level do you think he will be loaned to?? wouldn't think he is ready to play in the premiership but is he good enough for the championship or will he be loaned to league 1 first a bit like Cleverley.
I'd say he's ready for The Championship. Hopefully he'll be played in midfield wherever he goes.

RedPhil1957

Im thinking he may make a better defender in the long run. Championship would suit him best I think and would keep him fresh in the minds of NI coaches.

I like him in defense, reads the game very well and competes well in the air despite not being the tallest.

Widnes

Im thinking he may make a better defender in the long run. Championship would suit him best I think and would keep him fresh in the minds of NI coaches.
Rafael----J.Evans----C.Evans----Fabio

would be nice to see that in a few seasons if the boy turns out to be good enough because I have no doubts the other 3 are.

datura

Would be a good loan move for him, Forest play good football and have a good manager:

Nottingham Forest: Davies plans Old Trafford raid - ClubCall.com

Davies plans Old Trafford raid

Nottingham Forest, 16:07, May 14, 2010

Nottingham Forest boss Billy Davies is thought to be keen to secure a loan deal for versatile Manchester United youngster Corry Evans.

Evans, the younger brother of United defender Jonny, is yet to make a first team appearance for the Old Trafford side and Davies is believed to be keen to bring him to the City Ground for a loan stint next season.

Evans can play in either defence or midfield and despite the fact he is yet to make an appearance in the United first team he has been capped by Northern Ireland twice.

Davies is keen to improve his squad over the summer after seeing his side secure a play-off place this term only to be knocked out in the semi-finals by Blackpool and he has identified Evans as a possible target.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
With all the talk of players going out on loan, surely this lad should be near the top of the queue. Been biding his time in the reserves for what seems like an eternity.

Very tidy in last nights game i thought. Would like to think he'd be good enough for a mid table Championship side this season.

datura

With all the talk of players going out on loan, surely this lad should be near the top of the queue. Been biding his time in the reserves for what seems like an eternity.

Very tidy in last nights game i thought. Would like to think he'd be good enough for a mid table Championship side this season.
I would expect it too, he needs an additional challenge after a few strong years in the reserves.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Yeah I think midfield is his best position.

datura

He impressed me when he came on the other night, didn't look overawed and was communicating well (directing some more senior players where to pass to at times!) and his passing was sharp.

lysglimt

Scout
I would expect it too, he needs an additional challenge after a few strong years in the reserves.
IMO - Evans as well as Eikrem should go out on loan - partly because they need the 1st team football - and partly because we need to make room for players like Brady, Morrison, Pogba and Tunnicliffe in the reserves. Morrison, Pogba and Tunnicliffe still have the age to play academy-football - but they are way too good for that. They need reserve-team football.

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian
IMO - Evans as well as Eikrem should go out on loan - partly because they need the 1st team football - and partly because we need to make room for players like Brady, Morrison, Pogba and Tunnicliffe in the reserves. Morrison, Pogba and Tunnicliffe still have the age to play academy-football - but they are way too good for that. They need reserve-team football.
Good shout.

Mitch Conor

Holy CRAP BALLS!!
Is he good enough on the ball to be a midfielder?
I don't think he is amazing on the ball, but his passing is crisp and accurate - which combined with very good postional sense and communication would make him a very good deep lying midfielder.

I don't think his attributes would suit a 'proper' CM position, but as the deep defensive player in a midfield 5 i think he would work very well and where he is most naturally suited to.

Decotron

Eikrem is a little different to the rest imo in terms of a loan move.

His style and talent needs to be utilised at the right club. Sending him on loan to a championship team could be a massive waste of time.

Mitch Conor

Holy CRAP BALLS!!
Eikrem is a little different to the rest imo in terms of a loan move.

His style and talent needs to be utilised at the right club. Sending him on loan to a championship team could be a massive waste of time.
I agree, but then he does need to play some proper competitive football so it is a tough one.

He is tough to judge cause he has been hampered so much in terms of physical development - he is really only starting to push on in terms of strength, fitness and stamina now that he has grown quite a bit and had the operation to sort out his breathing.

I think he would be best served by staying at United and nurtured in the right way, though maybe a loan to PNE where SAF could keep a very close eye on his development and use would be a very good compromise.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
I don't think he is amazing on the ball, but his passing is crisp and accurate - which combined with very good postional sense and communication would make him a very good deep lying midfielder.

I don't think his attributes would suit a 'proper' CM position, but as the deep defensive player in a midfield 5 i think he would work very well and where he is most naturally suited to.
When I've seen him I've thought that he has some qualities that could make him stand out as a defender, but that he, at best, could become an average midfielder. He is probably smaller than his brother, and maybe slower (?), and that is of course important in the modern game, but part from this he is not that far behind. Been unlucky with injuries, too.

Maybe the right club for Eikrem is abroad. Norway seems natural, but I think Denmark or Germany could suit him well too.

datura

When I've seen him I've thought that he has some qualities that could make him stand out as a defender, but that he, at best, could become an average midfielder. He is probably smaller than his brother, and maybe slower (?), and that is of course important in the modern game, but part from this he is not that far behind. Been unlucky with injuries, too.

Maybe the right club for Eikrem is abroad. Norway seems natural, but I think Denmark or Germany could suit him well too.
Corry is quicker than Jonny, and too small to be a centreback. His natural position is in midfield. If he was ever to play regularly in defence at senior level it would be most likely to be at right back.

I don't really see the benefit of overseas loans on the whole as they don't really prepare you for the pace of the English game at the top level.

PS18

He played there a bit for the U18s in his first year, left-back as well (including both legs of the 2007 Youth Cup final).

lysglimt

Scout
Corry is quicker than Jonny, and too small to be a centreback. His natural position is in midfield. If he was ever to play regularly in defence at senior level it would be most likely to be at right back.

I don't really see the benefit of overseas loans on the whole as they don't really prepare you for the pace of the English game at the top level.
Corry Evans is actually very quick - I hadn't thought about it before one of the last games last season when he blasted past a defender on the opposite team. What I don't like about Evans is the fact that he occationally tends to be very anonymous in games. At his best - he has a bit of Hargreaves in him, without the injuries that is

datura

Corry Evans is actually very quick - I hadn't thought about it before one of the last games last season when he blasted past a defender on the opposite team. What I don't like about Evans is the fact that he occationally tends to be very anonymous in games. At his best - he has a bit of Hargreaves in him, without the injuries that is
I think that's a fair assessment. You forget he's only 19 at times though as he seems quite mature.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
Corry is quicker than Jonny, and too small to be a centreback. His natural position is in midfield.
To be honest, I dont buy the "to small" part. Attitude, brains etc. is more important. English phenomenon, and a bit of a myth that might have deprived you of some good centrebacks. I agree that it might be a challenge if your really, really short, but Corry Evans is probably 6 feet (?).

You might argue that the Premier League is different, and that players like Cannavaro, Puyol and Ayala would not have made it here, but I disagree and I dont see why. Toure, Carragher, Jagielka and Vermaelen seems to manage...

datura

To be honest, I dont buy the "to small" part. Attitude, brains etc. is more important. English phenomenon, and a bit of a myth that might have deprived you of some good centrebacks. I agree that it might be a challenge if your really, really short, but Corry Evans is probably 6 feet (?).

You might argue that the Premier League is different, and that players like Cannavaro, Puyol and Ayala would not have made it here, but I disagree and I dont see why. Toure, Carragher, Jagielka and Vermaelen seems to manage...
Toure, Carragher and Jagielka are all taller and more commanding presences than Evans.

He'd never actually played centre back until last season when he was forced to due to an injury crisis to the reserve centrebacks.

The 'smaller' centre backs like Cannavaro and Ayala all make up for lack of height by having a prodigious leap. Evans doesn't have that.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
He'd never actually played centre back until last season when he was forced to due to an injury crisis to the reserve centrebacks.

The 'smaller' centre backs like Cannavaro and Ayala all make up for lack of height by having a prodigious leap. Evans doesn't have that.
Thats a good argument.

That beeing said, I doubt that Jagielka is taller than Evans. And of course, neither is Vermaelen. More commanding, yes, but that is often an age thing. And if Corry is as fast as you claim, he should have the potential to get a decent leap too.

PS18

I think all the defence talk is a bit moot really. He's without question a midfielder primarily and he's probably still a long shot to make it with us in that position. There's no chance of him making it with us a centre-back, both because of his attributes and because of the alternatives in that position (young first-teamers like his brother, Smalling, Cathcart, and younger centre-backs like Wootton, Thorpe, McGinty, Fornasier and McCullough).

I think the qualities that saw him do well at the back the season before last are quite key ones for a holding player too - reading of the game, aggression, tackling, decent pace, maturity. Should definitely be concentrating on that role imo.