Corry Evans going out on loan

datura

He's expected to make his debut for Carlisle this afternoon:

News & Star | Carlisle United | Latest | Man Utd kid Corry Evans set for Carlisle debut

MAN UTD KID CORRY EVANS SET FOR CARLISLE DEBUT

The Manchester United loan midfielder is poised to make his United debut – and his first senior club appearance – at Bristol Rovers today.

Northern Ireland international Evans, the 20-year-old brother of Old Trafford star Jonny, could join Tom Taiwo and James Berrett in the engine room today.

And Abbott said: “Corry has taken to things well and he comes into contention for the game. Already in training he has shown he is a decent player and would step into the breach no problem whatsoever.

“He can pass it, he is tenacious, has a good reading of the game and is a good, all-round footballer.

“He has been on the fringes of the Manchester United squad and being an international you would think he would handle our level.”

Abbott will hand Mike Grella his second start after the Leeds loan striker opened his scoring account in last Saturday’s 4-3 defeat by Charlton.

The American has impressed so far but Abbott believes fans have not seen the best of him.

“We think there is more to come from Mike,” he said. “I have told him one or two reasons why he is maybe not getting into the Leeds team and fulfilling the potential he has got.

“He said it is nice for someone to sit down and talk constructively with him. Even though he played well last weekend there are parts of his game which can be better.”

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Going to Hull City on Loan, until the end of season
Confirmed: Corry Evans has joined Hull City on loan until the end of the season.
NickCoppack's twitter

prateik

and cameron stewart
Has gone off the radar a bit.. I genuinely thought he would make it.. still could.. hope he has a great time at Hull

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
I think he needs to concentrate on being a defender. Not sure he has enough about him as a midfielder
I agree with that personally... Obviously the awareness and sense of penetration he demonstrates as a midfielder can also be used in a positive way in a more defensive position. The likes of Lucio and Marquez for instance benefit from that type of versatility.

cj_sparky

BBC reckons Hull have put bids in for both him and Cameron stewart

prateik

Hmm. Hull do have some money now.
Stewart has surprised me,I didnt expect him to be physically ready for the championship
Had high hopes for Corry

Hope it works out well for him either way

x42bn6

HULL CITY: D-Day looms for Evans, who won't be afraid to leave Manchester United

CORRY Evans has lived his footballing life in the shadows of elder brother Jonny.

First with Manchester United and then with Northern Ireland, everything he has achieved has been met with inevitable comparisons to his senior sibling.

But Hull City's on-loan midfielder insists he has never been fazed by family parallels and instead enjoys looking towards his high-profile brother for advice.

With a fork in the road fast approaching this summer, Evans says he will not be afraid to finally step out into the spotlight.

The 20-year-old is out of contract at Old Trafford this summer and accepts the time may soon be nigh to fly the nest.

City's deadline day offer to sign Evans on a permanent deal, a transfer that would have completed a hat-trick of January signings from Manchester United, almost hastened him into an early decision.

A firm rejection from Sir Alex Ferguson suggested the Scot's mind is not yet made up, but should City come calling once more in the summer, Evans appears open to following in the footsteps of James Chester and Cameron Stewart.

"It's a club that you grow to love," said the Northern Ireland international. "I supported Man United as a child but if the day comes I won't be afraid to move on. It's my career and I'm not going to sit about in the reserves for the rest of my life.

"If first-team opportunities don't come there I know I'll have to look somewhere else."
Hull City's Corry Evans won't be afraid to leave Manchester United

lysglimt

Scout
Anyone heard anything about the transfer fee for Chester and Stewart ?

I read one place that Chester was £300.000 put that seemed like a guestimate more than anything

Kelvin

Skysports.com understands Hull City are closing in on a permanent deal for Manchester United youngster Corry Evans.

Evans is currently on loan at the KC Stadium until the end of the season after joining the Championship club in January.

Evans has impressed during his time at Hull, making 12 appearances for Nigel Pearson's side.

Pearson is keen to sign the versatile performer on a permanent basis and talks are thought to be at an advanced stage with United.

Evans has yet to make his senior debut at United and the club are thought to be willing to let him move on as he is well down the pecking order at Old Trafford.

Tigers in Evans talks | Manchester United News, Fixtures, Results, Transfers | Sky Sports

jeston

mrmujac
News from Terraces...Corry Evans will sign for Hull City on a permanent deal at the end of the season...not surprised and a good move #mufc

datura

Good luck to him, seems to be settling in well there and scoring goals, as well as establishing himself in the NI senior team.

Just shows how well our youth system is performing of late, even if those players don't eventually make it at United.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
BBC Sport - Manchester United's Corry Evans to complete Hull move

Good luck to the lad. I've thought for a long time now that he's not quite good enough to remain with us, but i'm sure he'll do well at Hull and hopefully we'll see him in the premiership in the not too distant future.

Will do his international prospects the world of good also, getting regular football in the Championship.

edit: datura beat me to it

prateik

Ah. I was hoping he'd get a chance here.
Anyway, good luck to him.