Corry Evans

prateik

hasnt he turned 18 ..
plays for the reserves.. is he any good ..

hewson , drinkwater , corry , james , derbyshire , all midfielders

how many have a chance at united

68-99-08

James has the best chance. Evans and Derbyshire will end up being good but not good enough.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
James is a fine young player but he is slow. Lack of pace let Jones down in the past, it's letting Gibson down now and I've got a nasty feeling it'll eventually be James' downfall as well. You don't need blistering pace as a CM but being downright slow is a great disadvantage.

samabachan

Football is about glory, it is about doing things
James is a fine young player but he is slow. Lack of pace let Jones down in the past, it's letting Gibson down now and I've got a nasty feeling it'll eventually be James' downfall as well. You don't need blistering pace as a CM but being downright slow is a great disadvantage.
He doesn't look that slow and to be frank I think what let Jones down was not being very strong and what lets Gibson down is his complete lack of footballing brain.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Fair enough, samabachan. Last time I really had the chance to run the rule over him was in last summers Milk Cup. Maybe he's gotten a tad quicker with more leg muscle or something, because he looked very slow then. You might have a point about Jones, but I don't agree about Gibson.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
I think Drinkwater has a chance - he can pass the ball, is quite an elegant player, and has an eye for goal. Useful from dead balls too. Corry Evans is more of a battler, a la Cleverley.

I also like the look of James, and if pace is a problem, he could probably play at the back.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Corry Evans has versatility on his side. could end up seeing him doing an O'Shea type role.

prateik

Worthington hails Evans
Manchester United youngster earns special praise

He was also impressed by the performance of young substitute Corry Evans, whose appearance off the bench at the start of the second half appeared to inject some life into his side.

"It was a good honest performance in the second half, more like Northern Ireland," said Worthington.

"The reason that was the case was young Corry Evans. He came on in midfield

and had energy. He wanted the ball and passed well.

"He was neat and tidy. These are the simple things that can help change

games.

"I must admit it was refreshing to have him here and see what he has achieved

tonight."
Sky Sports | Football | News | Worthington hails Evans

great :devil:

Girish II

I think this is a big step in his development, should give him a big boost in confidence to kick on.

kevg

Could do with a loan spell to help him kick on now?

prateik

scored last night

iirc ole rates him highly .. if the first teamers continue playing in the reserves, then he will learn a lot staying there .. if not , hope he goes out on loan .. am sure he is good enough for the championship

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself

Excellent play by Cathcart, and good work by Evans to get into the position to score the goal. What an important goal for N.I