Could Brexit have a disastrous effect when coupled with the timing of the Coronavirus...?

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
I know there are separate threads on both topics, but I wanted to put it out there to more knowledgeable types on medicine...

Is it possible that the two News stories of 'Brexit' and 'Coronavirus' are going to meet, and if so, could this be a disaster for us in Britain?

As a parent of 2 young lads it really worries me as I see the (in my view) idiotic hysteria of Brexit coupled with the stories about this terrifying new virus - as I remember clearly, that many pharmacists were already very concerned about shortages of medicines and medicines not being available due to Brexit... and this was before the awful scenes across the World from this new virus.

It just seems very ominous seeing these two stories playing out at the same time - I'm sure other Britains must've drawn the same line between the two stories!

Balljy

There's no vaccine yet for the new variant of Coronavirus yet so a lack of medicine won't make any difference whatsoever. Common flu is a far bigger risk in terms of death at the moment.

Last edited:

17 Van der Gouw

biffa bin
As a parent of 2 young lads it really worries me as I see the (in my view) idiotic hysteria of Brexit coupled with the stories about this terrifying new virus - as I remember clearly, that many pharmacists were already very concerned about shortages of medicines and medicines not being available due to Brexit... and this was before the awful scenes across the World from this new virus.
We've left, but we're in a transition period until the end of 2020. Nothing much will change in the short term, imports/exports and medicine supplies largely unaffected for now.