Could Ciro Immobile do it on a cold wet night in Stoke?

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Probably the worst player in the final.

And wasn't great in Italy's previous knock out matches. Yet scored in the opening two games so can't say it was a tournament that wasn't going to happen for him since opening games as happens to many players.

His scoring record is incredible over last 5 years, even better numbers than Harry Kane produces. According to wiki in 19/20 he scored 36 goals in 37 games in Serie A!! :eek: :lol: I mean this is pretty much Messi/Ronaldo level even if Lazio get abnormal of penalties during seasons.

I've seen Lazio play a decent amount as I enjoyed how they played last 5 years under Inzaghi and big fan of Milenkovic-savic and Immobile can link it, score from headers and run off shoulder of last defender so does all the things you'd expect from modern forward and can finish better than say Morata.

Is it just a mental thing? He needs to feel he's in comfortable home environment to thrive and loses 10% at least when he has to play outside of Italian soil? At Dortmund he scored grand total of 3 goals in 24 games and then following season was loaned out to Sevilla and only scored twice....although only played 8 games.

And this tournament he did very little in knock out games away from Rome, so much so Mancini will probably just use him as sub from now on up to world cup. Curious case.

Brophs

The One and Only
I imagine so. With a bit of encouragement and the right woman.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
He couldn't do it in a cold night in Westphalia, and everybody scores at Dortmund, let alone the hinterland of Potters Country.

No disrespect though. The man is good at what he's good at, which is clearly competition within agrarian pastures.

johannes_fd

Weird player. Probably Italys worst player in the last 3-4 games of the Euros. He did press and work alot for the team, but his link up play and general play with the ball was subpar. I was honestly surprised Belotti didnt end up starting last few games.

Havent followed Serie A closely, but i did expect alot more knowing his stats the last couple of years.

Cockney-Red

Immobile's a good striker, but not good enough for a big club.
He found his level and if you took penalties away, his stats would probably reflect the level he's at.
I wouldn't class him as a bad player though, just not the standard of the likes of Juventus or Inter etc.

padzilla

Hipster
If Italy had forwards as good as their midfield they would be unstoppable.

big rons sovereign

If Italy had forwards as good as their midfield they would be unstoppable.
I don't get this massive overhyping of Italy, now yes they just won the Euros, but they won it on penalties against England who according to many, are shit.
They scraped past Austria and Belgium, and struggled against a fairly below par Spain side.
The only time they looked any good was in the group stage.
If Southgate hadn't shit himself, England could well have won on Sunday.

Just my opinion of course.

Kaos

I don't get this massive overhyping of Italy, now yes they just won the Euros, but they won it on penalties against England who according to many, are shit.
They scraped past Austria and Belgium, and struggled against a fairly below par Spain side.
The only time they looked any good was in the group stage.
If Southgate hadn't shit himself, England could well have won on Sunday.

Just my opinion of course.
Belgium are no mugs, and this Spain side are decent striker away from being a terrifying prospect. England could have beaten Italy with a better manager, but lets not forget they struggled against Scotland, and relied on a bit of luck to beat the Danes. I'd also wager that Italy would have likely beaten England over 90 mins had they had Spinazzola and Chiesa fit for the duration of the game. I wouldn't say the deserving European champions who haven't lost in over 30 games are being overhyped. Like Spain, if they manage to integrate a firing talisman into their team then they'd be overwhelming favourites for the World Cup, even without a world class striker I'd still expect them to be genuine contenders.

Boh

Supports
Juventus
His 19/20 season was lucky, he scored a lot of penalties thanks to a stupid handball rule we had. Imo he's not that good, but in a counter attacking team, where he doesn't have to hold up and pass the ball, he's decent. Btw, even though he's a way worse player, he's got a better career then Kane. Serie A top scorer, european golden shoe, some domestic trophies, euros...

Last edited:

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Most of it is mentality, the rest is skillset. He's just not particularly suited to Italy's play and what they need from him most of the timr

SATA

Didn’t he score loads for Dortmund and now for Lazio? Every time i check on Lazio scores, he seems to be among their goals

Himannv

Didn’t he score loads for Dortmund and now for Lazio? Every time i check on Lazio scores, he seems to be among their goals
I watched him quite a bit when he played for Dortmund and he was terrible for them. His best quality was his pace but he really didn't do enough for that team and that coincided with their horrible run under Klopp.

I haven't watched too much of Lazio except for the odd game but I think their system suits him more.