Coutinho / Liverpool to sign Brazilian from Inter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
His face says it a lot. "what the feck have I done?"

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Think this is a good signing by Liverpool. He's very talented imo and in the worst case scenario they would probably be able to get rid of him 4/5m if it doesn't work out.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Rodgers will propably have highest expectations about this lad from the start.

If he'll resist the pressure he may be a proper signing.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Meh, it's just a loan isn't it? Liverpool aren't gonna win a trophy or get top four, and we don't have to play them again this season. So I can't see the signing having too much of an effect for Liverpool.

The Neviller

Meh, it's just a loan isn't it? Liverpool aren't gonna win a trophy or get top four, and we don't have to play them again this season. So I can't see the signing having too much of an effect for Liverpool.
It's a permanent switch, is it not? £8.5m fee agreed apparently.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Yes, permanent switch. Just waiting for working permit.

As for our under 21 year old graveyard, we've got Wisdom, Sterling, Suso and Shelvey all having played big games for us already this season. Not to mention others like Coady, Robinson, Flannagan, Sinclair (16YO) who have all featured somewhere. If you were an U-21 you'd probably look at Liverpool to get your break than other clubs I can think of.

Kraftwerker

Formerly RedAddict
Yes, permanent switch. Just waiting for working permit.

As for our under 21 year old graveyard, we've got Wisdom, Sterling, Suso and Shelvey all having played big games for us already this season. Not to mention others like Coady, Robinson, Flannagan, Sinclair (16YO) who have all featured somewhere. If you were an U-21 you'd probably look at Liverpool to get your break than other clubs I can think of.
Come back when you actually turn an U-21 player into more than a failed mid-table player before shifting them abroad or to smaller clubs.

The only reason young players are getting games is because the squad is so shit. It says nothing about youth development or your ability to turn them into top players.

The last U-21 you turned into a genuine top player was Gerrard and he's in his 30's. Lucas at a stretch, but he's a fairly vanilla DM and probably could've become something better elsewhere, given how highly rated he was when younger. Other than that it's been pretty much a graveyard for young talent or what is produced is severely underwhelming.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Come back when you actually turn an U-21 player into more than a failed mid-table player before shifting them abroad or to smaller clubs.

The only reason young players are getting games is because the squad is so shit. It says nothing about youth development or your ability to turn them into top players.

The last U-21 you turned into a genuine top player was Gerrard and he's in his 30's. Lucas at a stretch, but he's a fairly vanilla DM and probably could've become something better elsewhere, given how highly rated he was when younger. Other than that it's been pretty much a graveyard for young talent or what is produced is severely underwhelming.
Agger. Kelly has become an England international. And you're ridiculous with your "would have been better elsewhere."

Who btw is the last player your lot turned into a "genuine top player"? From where I am sitting, most of your youth players fall squarely into the "move to a lesser club when done with them" territory. Unless of course you want to take credit for not ruining 24m signing Rooney.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
Agger. Kelly has become an England international. And you're ridiculous with your "would have been better elsewhere."

Who btw is the last player your lot turned into a "genuine top player"? From where I am sitting, most of your youth players fall squarely into the "move to a lesser club when done with them" territory. Unless of course you want to take credit for not ruining 24m signing Rooney.
I'll bite, CR

RedLars

Well Tom Cleverley and Danny Welbeck are involved in the Champions League and the top of the league in England, so that's more than any young player will achieve at Liverpool for a long time yet. And they are also England internationals these days, just like your Kelly.

Then there's Rafael who's comfortably been one of the best players for a team sitting at the top of the Premier League table and is to involved in the knock-out rounds of the CL.

Just a few examples!

humdinger

Nani, Ronaldo, Evans? Anderson hasn't really proved himself yet. And Rafael, Cleverley, Welbeck, De Gea, Smalling & Jones look like they are well on their way. Fabio too if he can stay injury free and is patient will replace Evra eventually.

Strange comment, one thing we do well is turn promising talent into really good players.

Although I don't agree Liverpool are a talent graveyard, I think their issue is in the past their young players haven't had enough talent to start with. Definitely look better on that front now.

MJJ

Rafael
Evans

Cleverley
Welbeck

Kraftwerker

Formerly RedAddict

Agger wasn't U-21.

Fair enough on Kelly, forgot about him.

As you well know, spending money on young players is no guarantee of success - you're the masters of spending a shitload of money on young players and seeing them waste, including the worst transfer in the history of football™.

As for us.

Ronaldo
Rooney
Nani
Anderson
Welbeck
Evans
Rafael
Cleverley
Smalling
De Gea
Jones

All firmly established as first-teamers or thereabouts at a title-challenging team, all internationals, many already with top level medals.

Danillaco

They constantly go on about how little money they have.

Signings since Jan 2011

Coutinho-£8,500,000
Daniel Sturridge £12,000,000
Fabio Borini £10,000,000
Joe Allen £15,000,000
Oussama Assaidi £2,300,000
Samed Yesil £1,000,000
Jordan Henderson £16,000,000
Charlie Adam £7,000,000
Doni Free
Stewart Downing £20,000,000
Sanchez Jose Enrique £6,300,000
Sebastian Coates £7,000,000
Craig Bellamy Free
Luis Suarez £23,000,000
Andrew Carroll £35,000,000

Total=£162,500,000
(Also you could add in other few million for Sahins loan.)
:lol::lol:

Castia

Liverpool have completed the signing of Philippe Coutinho he will wear the number 10 shirt. I have a feeling he will be a good player for them, at least they have him for the City game on Sunday.

adamwest

By most accounts a tidy little player. Sure he'll do fine for them

lunchforthesky

Inter wouldn't be selling him for 8.5m, if he was THAT good.
Loads of clubs have let players go for very little who've turned out to be worth a lot.

Recent examples include Samuel Eto'o, Kevin Prince Boateng, Gerard Pique, Wesley Sneijder, Arjen Robben, Mesut Ozil (Schalke to Bremen and Bremen to Real).

I don't think the fact that Inter are letting him go cheap rules him out as a future top player, he's only 20 years old.

coolredwine

lameredboots
Loads of clubs have let players go for very little who've turned out to be worth a lot.

Recent examples include Samuel Eto'o, Kevin Prince Boateng, Gerard Pique, Wesley Sneijder, Arjen Robben, Mesut Ozil (Schalke to Bremen and Bremen to Real).

I don't think the fact that Inter are letting him go cheap rules him out as a future top player, he's only 20 years old.
Yes, because those clubs had restrictions. Inter are in a poor state right now, And imo, they should hold on to any good young player that they have, if he has any chance of improving them from their current level.

lunchforthesky

Yes, because those clubs had restrictions. Inter are in a poor state right now, And imo, they should hold on to any good young player that they have, if he has any chance of improving them from their current level.
You could also argue that £8.5m is a lot of money for a player who's contributing very little on the field right now.

Swaters16

From what I understand about Coutinho, he went to Inter highly rated and hasn't actually developed at all and is now moving to Liverpool.

What are the odds of being back in Brazil by the time he's 24?

ERICSAGOD

Grumpy Old Git
To be honest, from what I've seen so far of this lad, he certainly looks an excellent acquisition for the Dippers.

Seems to have adapted quite quickly to the pace of the Premiership, could be a real star next season.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Definitely looks a good prospect, he's been good in the short period he's been there.

The only upside being is that if he maintains any sort of form he'll be off. He's finishing below Moyes' Everton.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
The question is whether he would settle and adapt to England and the Premier League. He has outstanding natural ability though, great balance and touch and eye for killer pass.

Will Absolute

He and Sturridge look great, cheap buys for Pool. After rolling snake eyes so often in the past, I suppose it's time the transfer crap shoot favoured them.

johnny boy

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
Top player. Great value for money.
Very impressed with how quickly he has adapted.

Just need a few more like him now.

Fergus' son

Gets very easily confused
Was clear that he was a great player when we first saw him for Inter, surprised there wasn't more competition for his signature. Rodgers bought well.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
The 1 thing that makes him stand out is his ability to beat a man due to his great agility, and his eye for a killer pass is something not many people have.

Status
Not open for further replies.