Kick-off
Sun, 21 April 2024 @ 3:30pm BST
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

United Hobbit

If you saw the reactions of the players after the win, it looked like they had the same feeling. They have qualified for the FA Cup final, but there was no joy and minimal jubilation. Empty feeling.
    In the second half, it felt like it meant more to Coventry and they were so close to winning they just struggled with the penalties

Galactic

Incorrigible pest
    It was a strange feeling. I actually didn’t mind if we have lost the game. I just don’t think we will be City. I’m very worried they’ll play up off the park. I hope I’m wrong.

LDUred

I'm glad we won because it spared further humiliation, but it was harsh on Coventry City and their fans.

Rightly muted celebrations at the end. Not much to celebrate.

Woziak

Yep I've put I'd sack him instantly if we lose, but letting them back into it and the loss of control his subs has caused should be a sackable offence too

Yes there's a game in midweek but it's borderline dead rubber at this stage and more a question of which tier of Europa we get
    We will lose to Burnley and won’t get any European football. Agree with Roy Keane ; “Im getting to the stage where I genuinely dislike the manager and the players”

christinaa

Gossip Girl
    Supports
    There's only one United!
    Coventry weren't beaten by penalties, United were saved by a blue line 22mm wide
    United were going to be beaten by the penalty given against Wan Bissaka when yesterday Grealish did the same if not even worse movement with his arm and nothing was given.

Spark

Yes hard for them but we let them in the game.
    It’s insane how we keep doing it. Brentford, Chelsea, Liverpool and now Coventry. Admittedly different types of shit performance in each, but still - Brentford/Chelsea/Cov were insane.

Banana Republic

In other news…
    Villa‘s win means we are now 16 points from the 4th spot
    WHU fail to overtake and drop us to 8th, by losing to Palace.
    Pep Guardiola has to receive emergency treatment, after collapsing with a laughing fit.

Oscar Bonavena

In other news…
    Villa‘s win means we are now 16 points from the 4th spot
    WHU fail to overtake and drop us to 8th, by losing to Palace.
    Pep Guardiola has to receive emergency treatment, after collapsing with a laughing fit.
    I doubt Guardiola even gives us a second's thought

Stookie

Nurse bell end
    The only good thing about that game was sticking two fingers up to the ABU folk in the pub. City, Liverpool and Leeds fans cheering everything that went against United. They were sick at the end which was nice to see. But that’s about all I take from that

Fallon d'Floor

Well, that was certainly a very jammy win. We didn't deserve it at all. Talk about a tight VAR call at the death.

People say that ten Hag isn't lucky. He's received a lot of of luck over the past week.

We won last year's SF without De Gea having to make a save. :lol: Sheaf basically did a Solly March on it today. At least Onana was able to make a save after not getting close to saving one since the Copenhagen win.

This game exposed ten Hag once again. Made hard work of both Newport and Coventry after taking the lead in both.

Coventry went from 1 shot in the 1st half to 12 in the 2nd half. United rarely every play well for 70-80 minutes in game under ten Hag. It's never just a bad 5 minute spell here and there. The opposition have spells where they take over and put us under pressure.

We don't control games. We are a complete mess and he has to go.

RedRocket9908

Onana isnt suspended for the final asf bans for acumilation of yellow cards ended at the quarter final stage however I would still let Altay Bayindir play to give him a proper send off if he is leaving in the summer.

Oranges038

Embarrassing really. But even at 3-0 you can't trust this lot to see out the win.

ETH's subs were a joke and taking Mainoo off and leaving Rashford on was to be expected, but seriously bizarre given what was happening on pitch.

sixdwarf

Ten Hag in delusionland again.

"It was an incredible game, a strange game too. We had total control for so long and then gave it away in the last part of the game. We did show resilience to win the penalty shootout.

"We can be happy with the achievement, getting to the final, that's huge.

"Even the big Manchester United only achieved it three times and we achieved it twice in two years. We need to win that final though. When we 100% in it then we can do it.

"We can't say this group doesn't have the right mentality because they showed character today, but in the final part there was a lack of discipline."

Fallon d'Floor

Ten Hag in dillusionland again.

"It was an incredible game, a strange game too. We had total control for so long and then gave it away in the last part of the game. We did show resilience to win the penalty shootout.

"Even the big Manchester United only achieved it three times and we achieved it twice in two years. We need to win that final though. When we 100% in it then we can do it.

"We can't say this group doesn't have the right mentality because they showed character today, but in the final part there was a lack of discipline."
    Achieved what three times? Back to back FA Cup finals?

erikcred

For everyone who are saying Coventry is rubbish don't forget they're playing in the semifinals. They had to get there somehow and they have the ability to turn it around if we don't keep our eyes open.

If City'd been drawn against Coventry, we wouldn't have said it's still a challenging draw because Coventry are semifinalists after all. It's okay to say that Coventry are rubbish and our players need to remain professional.
    Just got back online and I see this chaotic scoreline. In hindsight, your prediction wasn't half bad. :wenger:

erikcred

The only good thing about that game was sticking two fingers up to the ABU folk in the pub. City, Liverpool and Leeds fans cheering everything that went against United. They were sick at the end which was nice to see. But that’s about all I take from that
    But what can we do about the City fans cheering at the final result?

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down

It was an incredible game. Everyone but United fans loved it, almost historic.

We had control and lost it.

We did win the penalty shootout.

Defending his players' mentality. Says there was a lack of discipline.

Not sure what kind of delusion I'm supposed to read from the comments. I see delusion during the match with some decisions but not in those words.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
    Onana isnt suspended for the final asf bans for acumilation of yellow cards ended at the quarter final stage however I would still let Altay Bayindir play to give him a proper send off if he is leaving in the summer.
    Huh? Who cares. He's a non entity for us. This isn't a charity operation. Allowing him to play a cup final as a send off? That's nonsense.

Stookie

Nurse bell end
    But what can we do about the City fans cheering at the final result?
    Well that’s just banter really. Any sane City fan would rather be facing Coventry than United. As shit as we are we’re still capable of putting a performance in once in a while- like beating Liverpool. That being said City massive favourites- especially after those semis.

sixdwarf

There's more delusion from Ten Hag...

"It's not an embarrassment it is a huge achievement. "

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
    It was an incredible game. Everyone but United fans loved it, almost historic.

We had control and lost it.

We did win the penalty shootout.

Defending his players' mentality. Says there was a lack of discipline.

Not sure what kind of delusion I'm supposed to read from the comments. I see delusion during the match with some decisions but not in those words.
    I agree with you. It was strange. We were all over them. Their first was a good goal, the second and third were a fluke and a madly harsh call. It was great to see the passion Coventry brought, a bit sorry for them. We are going to beat 115.

The Hilton

What's delusional about this? He's pretty much spot on. We were totally in control, threw it away, managed to get through the shootout which, while we should never have been in that position, did show some resilience.

We can go on about the terrible game management demonstrated by him and the players today, but nothing in your quote above is actually wrong.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Man of the Match

Harry Maguire image Harry Maguire 33% of 213 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

4.9 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 223 ratings.

Score Predictions