Craig Cathcart May Seek A Loan

Drifter

American
Promising Manchester United defender Craig Cathcart will chase a loan switch away from the club if he isn't handed more first team football.

Cathcart, 21, has already spent spells away at Royal Antwerp, Plymouth Argyle and Watford during his fledgling career. The Northern Ireland youth international could follow this up with another temporary switch after a meeting with manager Sir Alex Ferguson.

Cathcart has yet to make a Premier League appearance for the club and will face increased competition from new £10 million signing Chris Smalling. Speaking to the club's official website, he confirmed his intention to seek another loan.

He said: "I spoke to the manager a week or two ago. He said to me to concentrate on getting over the injury, have a good pre-season, and we’ll take it from there.

"If I can be around the United first-team next season then that would be great, but I’m 21 so I’d like to be playing regular first-team football – so maybe I’ll go out on loan. I’ve enjoyed playing first-team football and it’s definitely what I need at this stage in my career."

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
On the edge now. He did well at Plymouth, and did well in pre-season last time about, but hasn't shone at Watford. Needs to have a good season on loan.

Chirag

Euro '08 League Winner
I think SAF wants to give him another loan before getting rid of him.. No harm there.. I think we wont get anything near what he is worth as of now coming off a failed loan at Watford.. However if he has a decent/good spell and still is not worthy of a spot in our squad he will atleast fetch us a bit more than what we would receive now..

lysglimt

Scout
Apparently he'll be sold to Blackpool.
Ferdinand, Vidic, Brown, Evans, Smalling - just those 5 practically guarantees that Cathcart wont get much of a chance in the next couple of years - so yeah he should be sold. We ll get some money - and he ll get first team football

Kelvin

not suprised, always going to be difficult for him to get into our first-team.

Chirag

Euro '08 League Winner
I thought he would get another loan incase it was just a case of him not fitting in well at Watford.. But I guess Ole and his staff have had all of pre-season to decide on him and they decided against it.. No harm there then..

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
was outstanding for NI away to Slovenia mid-week. Rated "9" by the local papers, blocked everything coming in and still found the time to setup the winner with wingplay that Nani would have been proud off!

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
Always thought he had a future as a player, although he did not really show he had a future at United with his dodgy loan spell last season.

Wonder if we got a sell-on fee deal with Blackpool.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
He had a good game in the circumstances (playing out of position on his debut at left back) but his performance has been slightly overrated as a result of the brilliant assist for the goal.

He gave the Slovak winger so much freedom by being continually positioned infield (understandably so) and was skinned on several occasions in the first half. He did make a couple of great blocks in the second half, and aerially he was very good. It was an encouraging display, but not an outstanding one imo