Creativity

Feed Me

I'm hungry
I know it's only one game, and it was against a side that turned in a pretty wretched performance, but the most pleasing aspect of today's win was that it was achieved without the much vaunted creativity of Giggs and Scholes.

Most of us have been concerned about our ability to unlock opposition defences without the two old stagers, so the fact that both were absent today is a real fillip in my opinion and one that should fill us with confidence.

Obviously there's more work to be done, but it's nice to know that we're perhaps not as reliant on our legends as we may have believed when it comes to being creative.

I think we can safely say that Rafael and Nani have nailed down their first teamer status and so we can rest easy that to all intents and purposes, Neville and Giggs have been replaced. So now, what can Anderson do? More of the same would be great...

:devil:

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Carrick and Anderson were fantastic in this department today, it was a joy to watch.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Carrick and Anderson were fantastic in this department today, it was a joy to watch.
Aye. It's no coincidence that we've been building up a bit of a head of steam since Carrick came back in. He personally has been getting better and better every game.

Anderson needs to steer free of injury and get a run in the side.

One thing we shouldn't overlook is that if the likes of Fletcher, Carrick and Anderson can all get/stay in good form for the rest of the season, it reduces our reliance on the likes of Giggs and Scholes in these sorts of fixtures.

We can wrap the two of them up in cotton wool and bring them out, completely fresh, for the big scraps...

Allforone

United could spend £85million on David De Gea, Phi
Rooney makes a big difference where this is concerned, when hes playing well hes the heartbeat of most of our good play, of course today Anderson/Carrick/Nani/Park were all excellent but i do think we look so much more potent in the final third with Rooney around.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Rooney, Carrick and Anderson where magnificent in the center creatively. With them feeding the inform wingers we were simply too much for Blackburn.
Chief, I noticed that Rooney has reverted to his deeper role. Do you think that's a long-term thing now, or just how today's game panned out?

He'll not score anywhere near as many if he plays in the areas that he did today.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Rooney makes a big difference where this is concerned, when hes playing well hes the heartbeat of most of our good play, of course today Anderson/Carrick/Nani/Park were all excellent but i do think we look so much more potent in the final third with Rooney around.
I said in the Rooney thread today before the game that Rooney would be the missing part of our jigsaw. The player that helps bring it all together. It looks like that happened to an extent today.

If anything, he brings an added fear factor.

Sam

Carrick and ANderson were outstanding today. Between them they played 194 passes, and only 11 of those were unsuccessful. They really do compliment each other very well. Keep it up lads.

wr8_utd

:'(
An inform Rooney and an inform Anderson make us so much more creative. Really hope Anderson can keep this up now.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
Chief, I noticed that Rooney has reverted to his deeper role. Do you think that's a long-term thing now, or just how today's game panned out?

He'll not score anywhere near as many if he plays in the areas that he did today.
I feel it's how today's game panned out. Dont forget he is still feeling his way into things. IMO I've always thought he could be for us like Henry was for a Arsenal. The lead forward who was one of the chief playmakers. He and Berbatov are capable of switching up to keep opponents guessing. That one-two move in the first half deserved a goal. It was a Bebeto-Romario partnership type move.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
I feel it's how today's game panned out. Dont forget he is still feeling his way into things. IMO I've always thought he could be for us like Henry was for a Arsenal. The lead forward who was one of the chief playmakers. He and Berbatov are capable of switching up to keep opponents guessing. That one-two move in the first half deserved a goal. It was a Bebeto-Romario partnership type move.
That's how I feel too. His form of last season was too good for us to discourage him from playing that high up the field again.

I think with Rooney at the moment, the coming towards the ball, dropping deep, etc. is all about him wanting to get a feel for things, get involved and really get his confidence up.

Once he's full of confidence, I think he'll be happier to sit higher and get less involved in the build up.

gbgary

again...the fact that blackburn backed up and allow United to do whatever it wanted didn't hurt. this wasn't like the villa match where United couldn't scratch their own nuts because the villa players took up too much space in their shorts.