Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Bad game but as always with him, he has to stay on the pitch because he will always be a threat.

GOAT 777

Supports
Portugal, Sporting
The question that must be posed is: what was the score last time Manchester United met Villarreal and what was different tonight? :cool:

Dan_F

It’s hard to really call his performance shit, when everyone else played just as bad. We all know that he’s going to need chances creating for him, we didn’t even get close to doing that.

Luke1995

He hasn't really had an all-around good game since the return. But still early days in the season. If he has 5 goals in 5 games playing badly, imagine what he will do when he plays well.

Chief123

The question that must be posed is: what was the score last time Manchester United met Villarreal and what was different tonight? :cool:
Agreed. I’m sure we’ve had about 15 draws in a row with Villareal. Ronaldo the difference tonight.

Swiss_Red89

What a moment. I didn't celebrate the equaliser in the EL Final that much :devil:

Champions League is still something else.

Ronaldo's Fan Boy

If he took the penalty vs Aston Villa, probably he has scored in every games he's played for us since return - 6 goals in 5 games.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Hes a machine. (Also the most handsome man to ever grace the game according to the missus)
I would only let two men shag my missus

Ronaldo And Sebastian Coates

I would go get them water during if they needed it.

predator

Youth NITK
His positioning is not flukey. Its such an underrated part of the game. His finish wasn't even great, the gk got a touch but to be there and then at that time with the anticipation and also composure is what makes him still capable of getting roughly a goal a game.

Red Stone

He hasn't really had an all-around good game since the return. But still early days in the season. If he has 5 goals in 5 games playing badly, imagine what he will do when he plays well.
The only thing preventing him from running riot against West Ham was poor finishing and an even poorer referee. I thought he did exactly what we should expect from him in that game, in terms of overall play, and he would have ended up with at least a hat-trick if things had gone more his way.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
His post-match reaction was interesting. Gathered the other players around him and was congratulating them. We'll see if Tim Sherwood ends up laughing at us.

redshaw

We should be creating more for him as well. He's always trying and urging the team to not let up and finally we did get to him with the help of the subs.

Absolute goal machine

OverratedOpinion

I would only let two men shag my missus

Ronaldo And Sebastian Coates

I would go get them water during if they needed it.
I wouldn't worry, I reckon Ronaldo probably keeps exactly 1.3 litres of water, some vitamins, a protein bar and some lightly Seared Salmon in a Tupperware container next to his bed at all times.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
I wouldn't worry, I reckon Ronaldo probably keeps exactly 1.3 litres of water, some vitamins, a protein bar and some lightly Seared Salmon in a Tupperware container next to his bed at all times.
Lmaooooo probably man !

RuudTom83

Fans and pundits seem to enjoy pass completion stats, and newspaper rumours more these days.

Sometimes you just have to enjoy the ups and downs of two good teams having an even match.

Which was decided by a man full of theatre.

I absolutely loved it!

Well played Ronnie!

VidicZvezda91

Supports
crvena zvezda
How can people not love this dude,i bet you he gona be playing till 40 something

gormless

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣴⣿⣦⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢻⣿⣿⠂⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣴⣿⣿⣀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢠⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣦⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣴⣿⢿⣷⠒⠲⣾⣾⣿⣿⡄⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⣴⣿⠟⠁⠀⢿⣿⠁⣿⣿⣿⠻⣿⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⣠⡾⠟⠁⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣸⣿⣿⣿⣆⠙⢿⣷⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⣰⡿⠋⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠀⠀⠉⠻⣿⡭⡀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣆⠀⠀⠀⠈⠉⠂⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣼⣿⣿⣿⡿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢠⣿⣿⠿⠟⠀⠀⠻⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣾⡿⠃⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⢿⣿⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣰⣿⡟⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣷⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⢠⣿⠟⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠻⣿⣧⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⢀⣿⠃⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⣿⣆⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠠⢾⠇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣷⡤ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

That was a Ronaldo performance hugely reminiscent of his last year with us first time round. It was meme’d to death on the Caf with “shit performance, no effort, didn’t defend, good goal,” or similar being posted in the player ratings threads pretty much every game.

Luke1995

The only thing preventing him from running riot against West Ham was poor finishing and an even poorer referee. I thought he did exactly what we should expect from him in that game, in terms of overall play, and he would have ended up with at least a hat-trick if things had gone more his way.
It's a good thing that the next ten fixtures or so are very tough on paper. He always shows up when the pressure is at its highest.

Just to close my thoughts on today's performance - Villarreal really is a tough team to break down. Always has been. There was not much else he could have done without a better link-up with Sancho and Greenwood.

I think maybe when Rashford returns it will help Ronaldo.

One thing that’s impressed me so much since Ronny’s return has been his exceptional level of patience on the pitch. I can’t recall any demonstrative gestures when he hasn’t received the ball or is subject to a poor delivery (possibly had a little go at Mason once iirc but that’s about it).

Totally playing armchair psychologist here, but I really feel like he’s come back to the club fully understanding that we’re still some way from being a top team, and is playing a bit of an elder statesman type role in the team now while still racking up the most goals and proving our most decisive figure.

It’s as if he is appreciative of the fact that this will likely be his last spell at a huge club before retirement from football or to the MLS, and is determined to succeed while also treating his trophy count at United as potential “icing on the cake”.

It must also be a massive help knowing he’s at the one club where he won’t be turned on by the fans as his performances wane in terms of impact over 90 mins. If he was at Madrid or Barca, just to name two examples, he’d probably receive pelters for 2/3 bad games in a row from fans that expect him to be 26 year old Ronaldo again. At United he is loved unconditionally.

5 in 5, and that’s with no pens. In this very, very small sample size his non-penalty goals to games ratio easily trumps that of his Real and Juve careers. I only make that equation to demonstrate just how impressive his restarted United career has been.

Lewnited

While he wasn't great today, I think that was one of the toughest opponents we'll face defensively this season. The half spaces that he likes to drop in to nowadays just weren't there at all.

Going forward, in games like that I'd imagine having Cavani on the pitch from the start to occupy defenders will help Ronnie as he'll be able to ghost in to more dangerous areas. I think he'd benefit from slightly more free role in general, he still has the quality to damage teams from different positions on the pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.