5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Idxomer

Today we gave him three clear cut chances if you watch the match. One from Sancho, one from Shaw and one from Bruno.
And there was no reason for him to be offside when Rashford played that ball to him which he missed anyway.

Ixion

He would be fine if we created chances but we don't. He isn't going to dribble past 5 and bang one in the top corner, he needs chances falling in the box and he will score goals.

If he played for Leicester today, Everton, Villa, Villarreal against us he'd have banged goals in with the chances they created against us. We're constantly relying on solo magic and that isn't him anymore.

The Plump Poet

Supports
Southend United
In the modern game, you can't carry pure poachers at the top level. That is now what Ronaldo is. He is therefore not good enough for what you need from a forward. What's more, it was painstakingly obvious from the beginning. I, not being a United fan, was not blinded by the euphoria of the Prodigal Son coming home.

Widow

In the modern game, you can't carry pure poachers at the top level. That is now what Ronaldo is. He is therefore not good enough for what you need from a forward. What's more, it was painstakingly obvious from the beginning. I, not being a United fan, was not blinded by the euphoria of the Prodigal Son coming home.
Praise the Lord you're here to enlighten us all.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
:lol:

Bobski

He would be fine if we created chances but we don't. He isn't going to dribble past 5 and bang one in the top corner, he needs chances falling in the box and he will score goals.

If he played for Leicester today, Everton, Villa, Villarreal against us he'd have banged goals in with the chances they created against us. We're constantly relying on solo magic and that isn't him anymore.
Is that not a bit simplistic? A lot of people seem to want to remove any responsibility from Ronaldo other than scoring goals. One of the reasons those teams create chances is having strikers that do more than simply wait for chances to come, almost removed from any other action on the pitch.

Walters_19_MuFc

Goalscorer but really poor approach play. Between him and Bruno, it's impossible to keep a flurry of attacks, as they're both very rash/careless with the ball.

KeanoMagicHat

The next manager will have still have the elephant in the room that is past it Ronaldo and be expected to challenge for the league and CL. A foolish signing we didn’t need.

United in sin

He played like a 29 year old Rooney today. It's sad to see but he was diabolical. Our team needs to be better drilled to create more chances for him. It won't happen under Solskjaer

Real Name

In a typical reactionary manner people now call it a mistake to bring him back. Hopefully a new manager will get the tune out of him.

bakalhau

In a typical reactionary manner people now call it a mistake to bring him back. Hopefully a new manager will get the tune out of him.
There's no middle term with him that's for sure. He's either "the greatest goalscorer ever" and "inevitable", or "old and past it". All in the span of 1 month.

I'm sticking with my conviction of having watched every single game he's played. He has literally never had a season below good for the past 15 years. I'll always believe him regardless of form, because class is permanent, and he has given me every reason to believe in him as a football player. If anyone deserves support and benefit of doubt, it's this guy. My opinion does not and won't change because of 4 matches. He's been through this a hundred times and always turns it around.

Real Name

There's no middle term with him that's for sure. He's either "the greatest goalscorer ever" and "inevitable", or "old and past it". All in the span of 1 month.

I'm sticking with my conviction of having watched every single game he's played. He has literally never had a season below good for the past 15 years. I'll always believe him regardless of form, because class is permanent, and he has given me every reason to believe in him as a football player. If anyone deserves support and benefit of doubt, it's this guy. My opinion does not and won't change because of 4 matches. He's been through this a hundred times and always turns it around.
In a supposed bad season last year he scored like 20 goals. That speaks for itself.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans

He's nearly 37 though. Sooner or later something's gotta give and his overall game is a lot less than it used to be.

izec

He is not worth it anymore. Still good, but you dont win trophies with a player like him off the ball. PSG will have the same issues in the CL regarding Messi and their forwards and balance.

redshaw

We've had Martial up there the season before last with no work rate. Cavani masks a lot of problems with the rest of the team he's like a one man army.

This season players like Shaw, Fred McTom are playing much worse, Sancho isn't fitting in yet, play usually breaks down with AWB. Defence is still erratic. It's like the old days of only De Gea playing well, we hardly gave Ronaldo a kick or break to play from. He' is a goal machine if you get him the ball a few times.

He was getting the blame at Juve but scored a lot and also created many chances which Juve players spurned. We're not even getting the ball to him to create chances, he's usually very good at playing others in around the 18 yard box if the support is there. This United team is having trouble functioning.

el3mel

Bad season in terms of what ? Goals ? He won't, he already has 5 in 8 this season. His form in almost all those games though have been shit bar Newcastle game.

So yeah, he'll score goals, doubt we'll play any sort of good football with this kind of mobility upfront though.

Ixion

Ronaldo is not the problem. The Europa League Final when we managed 1 shot on target in 2 hours and had no ideas on subs or a change of strategy was before he came back and highlighted plenty of our problems.

BalanceUnAutreJoint

Ronaldo isn't a different player than he was for Madrid when Zidane managed him

He was already doing nothing but score back then.

Ole just doesn't use him properly.

Jericho

Today we gave him three clear cut chances if you watch the match. One from Sancho, one from Shaw and one from Bruno.
Some people have been acting as if he’s garunteed to put away any sniff of a chance and therefore we have to start him always. But he’s only human, more so in the last few seasons, and he’s going to miss chances like everyone else. So I don’t think we need to be starting him all the time. The goals, as we’ve seen, can come from other parts of the team. I think right now we need Cavanis pressing more.

Luke1995

I'm pretty sure Ronaldo has more goals this season than all of the other our strikers together. Can't believe some think this signing won't work out...

Devil81

I'm going to cut him some slack but several times when the ball broke he looked every bit of his 36 years of age.

Anyone thinking it's not a major concern is crazy, we have a 36 year old superstar who demands to start.

Dve

Ole doesn't know how to use him.
Ronaldo has no one to blame, unless you mean Ole should use him for something else than a footballer. He had chances enough today to rescued his performance with another goal, as his general performances otherwise are consistently poor.

Bobski

He had the best squad in the world feeding him with a world class forward like Benzema happily sacrificing for him.

Dve

Because, looked away from his 5 goals, he hasn´t scored? And of course he´s a different player; no way I would put him back on the wing.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
I'm pretty sure Ronaldo has more goals this season than all of the other our strikers together. Can't believe some think this signing won't work out...
Which is sort of a problem for a team. He will score, but the goals from other players dry out. Bruno barely even shots anymore and same goes for anyone else not called Greenwood who plays in his own tune giving zero fecks about his teammates. Aside from that, our counters fully went to shit.

Ole is clearly out of his depth, but Ronaldo being a focal point of our attack is also kind of an issue.

Dve

These stats should be worrying, as it affects our approaches to games (like today).

In contrast, Cavani in average pressed 13.73 times per 90 min last season. And he scored goals as well.

KeanoMagicHat

He is though, he was transitioning gradually towards this kind of player but he’s more than 3 years gone from Real Madrid, 3 years more on the legs. Father time is undefeated

Hound Dog

Supports
Whoever I bet on
I'm going to cut him some slack but several times when the ball broke he looked every bit of his 36 years of age.

Anyone thinking it's not a major concern is crazy, we have a 36 year old superstar who demands to start.
Moreover, he will be 37 very soon. An unprecedented situation in the history of football.

Status
Not open for further replies.