Cristiano Ronaldo (I stay)

Status
Not open for further replies.

flameinthesun

Any whiff of us potentially offering a new contract and the fans should get something trending twitter wise around not to renew his contact. There is no way we should renew his contract, he can take a paycut for missing out on champs league like everyone else.

edcunited1878

While I don't disagree with what Mendes is doing with Ronaldo, trying to act in his best interest...it's the cold hard fact that Ronaldo is not in demand anymore at the highest of the highest level, while being compenstated for it.

Just look at how Chicharito handled being told he's only wanted in MLS/United States. Ronaldo still might have some European experience left in him, but the days of being part of a serious CL winning team or wherever that can provide him what he wants....is very bleak. He's coming to the same realization that Chicha went through...take a look if you haven't done before.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
Imo he will play every second game, maybe even more if there's enough time to rest. Unfortunately we're stuck with him.
In the unlikely event he is still here and not effectively on strike I think he would be a sub at best. ETH would be dooming his season if he tried to play his preferred style with CR7 up front.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
While I don't disagree with what Mendes is doing with Ronaldo, trying to act in his best interest...it's the cold hard fact that Ronaldo is not in demand anymore at the highest of the highest level, while being compenstated for it.

Just look at how Chicharito handled being told he's only wanted in MLS/United States. Ronaldo still might have some European experience left in him, but the days of being part of a serious CL winning team or wherever that can provide him what he wants....is very bleak. He's coming to the same realization that Chicha went through...take a look if you haven't done before.

Damn I had never seen this before. :(

TsuWave

Has there ever been a further fall from grace than Ronaldo? Once loved now despised by a large section of our support.
you guys are more dramatic than teenage girls in high school coming of age shows. fecking hell

AFC NimbleThumb

He has/had a great support system around him. Never seen that before, it’s always good for people to take in the fact that despite the riches they’re still just trying to do their job at the top level. Imagine what a Bale must be feeling in LA, golf & all.

MrEleson

Everytime I think about it, Ronaldo leaving Madrid has to be one of the stupidest decisions any footballer has ever made. He willingly left them when everything was perfect for him. He was on course for a 6th BDOR in 2018. Probably would’ve bagged a few more and Madrid likely would’ve won a couple more CLs too with him in the side.

He wouldn’t have had to tamper with his United legacy either.

The more years that pass, the more ridiculous the decision it was by him.

BarstoolProphet

Two of the most bizarre transfer sagas ever, in the same summer, and our club is central to them both. Atleast it's not boring with our club at the moment.

If Ronaldo end up staying then I expect an Instagram post explaining the situation and that he only did it because he loves the club. And fans will lap it up. After all, it was us who fell for the most obviously ghostwritten PR guff ever last summer, with his "this is for you, Sir Alex".

AFC NimbleThumb

Everytime I think about it, Ronaldo leaving Madrid has to be one of the stupidest decisions any footballer has ever made. He willingly left them when everything was perfect for him. He was on course for a 6th BDOR in 2018. Probably would’ve bagged a few more and Madrid likely would’ve won a couple more CLs too with him in the side.

He wouldn’t have had to tamper with his United legacy either.

The more years that pass, the more ridiculous the decision it was by him.
/This.

That decision was ridiculous as was waiting until July to declare he didn’t want to play for us when teams could have built their transfer window around him had he said something in March.

For someone so meticulous about his career/stats he’s left a lot of silverware on the table in recent years because of that Madrid decision.

Revaulx

Has there ever been a further fall from grace than Ronaldo? Once loved now despised by a large section of our support.
Bah!

Most of the people I know are in the Should Never Have Brought Him Back and Best If He Leaves ASAP camps, but no way do any of us despise him. We just accept him for what/who he is.

MrEleson

/This.

That decision was ridiculous as was waiting until July to declare he didn’t want to play for us when teams could have built their transfer window around him had he said something in March.

For someone so meticulous about his career/stats he’s left a lot of silverware on the table in recent years because of that Madrid decision.
Yep pretty much. It’s kind of ironic in a way that his ego which is one of his biggest assets and what helped him become the player he is today is ultimately what could be his demise. It was purely an ego trip that drove him to leave Madrid. He thought he was Cristiano Ronaldo and the team he played for didn’t really matter and he’d have exactly the same success anywhere. He was gravely mistaken. I’m almost certain he would’ve bagged at least a couple more CLs and BDORs had he stayed put.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Where the feck would he leave to. Im curious what options Mendes can even provide, all the clubs are saying no.

GoldanoGraham

This is farcical now…..with all the adulation from everywhere and Mendes cannot get him a deal anywhere…..there can be no route back though once he’s gone - loan etc is out of the question - unless it’s loan with guaranteed purchase in which case the contract extension makes sense - as long as there is no signing bonus.

i don’t mind the club helping to facilitate his departure but it needs to be win win for both parties. That means we must get a transfer fee.

DutchCruijff

United have spent £1.5m on this guy's wages whilst he tried to find a club + on compassionate leave.

And now United have to give up a fee/or loan him out to let him play UCL football? After Europe rejected him?

Get utterly fecked.

He goes nowhere. He gets stuck on the bench too.

Sylar

He wants ucl
Give him to Ajax then and take one of their players that Eth wants

GoldanoGraham

United have spent £1.5m on this guy's wages whilst he tried to find a club + on compassionate leave.

And now United have to give up a fee/or loan him out to let him play UCL football? After Europe rejected him?

Get utterly fecked.

He goes nowhere. He gets stuck on the bench too.
Agree with the sentiment but the negativity and noise associated with keeping him against his will would be very detrimental…..bottom line is he needs his team to come up with something as so far they appear to be firing blanks

Status
Not open for further replies.