Cristiano Ronaldo (I stay)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greck

Pogba by all accounts was never particularly "toxic" on a - say - personal level. He got on well with his team mates (this has been pretty much universally reported about him, both at club and national level).
I know. Pogba was called "toxic" for....and wait for it...having his agent whoring him around Europe.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
What is up with that cryptic message from this cnut about how he will say everything in a few weeks?
When his efforts to leave fail, he will say; "Viva United" or shit like that?

city-puma

That could be - I honestly don't care anymore, as he's not a United player.

But there's very little evidence to support the idea that he's ever been "toxic" in the dressing room (which is something many United fans have accused him of being).
Yes, he is not toxic. Ole and many teammates said it clearly. It is almost for sure, Ronaldo created a toxic environment which divided the dressing room. The unknown is when it started. From the beginning of the whole, that young boy game? Ronaldo didn’t play that game as I remember.

phelans shorts

Yes, he is not toxic. Ole and many teammates said it clearly. It is almost for sure, Ronaldo created a toxic environment which divided the dressing room. The unknown is when it started. From the beginning of the whole, that young boy game? Ronaldo didn’t play that game as I remember.
He scored the opener in the Young Boys game.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
I know. Pogba was called "toxic" for....and wait for it...having his agent whoring him around Europe.
Yes, true - and of course all the (many) rumours about Ronaldo being a dick in all sorts of ways could be completely unfounded.

The difference is that there never were any (believable) rumours about Pogba being a dick - as in, rumours about him not getting on with his team mates, being an arsehole in the dressing room, undermining the coaches...and so forth. The "toxic" label given to Pogba (by fans) was almost exclusively about Raiola (and Pogba's comments about a possible exit) - or, if you will, that part was the only substantial one.

And - to be clear - I personally think that was bad enough (at certain points): he didn't help United by giving "ambiguous" interviews or by failing to deny what Raiola more than subtly suggested. But nobody at United (except Mourinho) ever suggested that he was either unprofessional or a dick as a player/team mate.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Ah the revisionism, I can't takes its no more.
Now Pogba has gone, he was the squeaky cleanest best character ever around the club :lol:

city-puma

Yes, true - and of course all the (many) rumours about Ronaldo being a dick in all sorts of ways could be completely unfounded.

The difference is that there never were any (believable) rumours about Pogba being a dick - as in, rumours about him not getting on with his team mates, being an arsehole in the dressing room, undermining the coaches...and so forth. The "toxic" label given to Pogba (by fans) was almost exclusively about Raiola (and Pogba's comments about a possible exit) - or, if you will, that part was the only substantial one.

And - to be clear - I personally think that was bad enough (at certain points): he didn't help United by giving "ambiguous" interviews or by failing to deny what Raiola more than subtly suggested. But nobody at United (except Mourinho) ever suggested that he was either unprofessional or a dick as a player/team mate.
Mostly match what I read. But, Mourinho seemly took him out (anonymous of course) as a funny, unprofessional example. I remember it’s about a player coming to ask him not to travel back with the team in club coach after an away victory but use his own limousine, kind of stuffs. I think he meant Pogba.

Greck

Now Pogba has gone, he was the squeaky cleanest best character ever around the club :lol:
You definitely missed the point on purpose. Ronaldo is doing the same off the pitch shenanigans Pogba was called out for but he's praised for having a good influence. Reality is he has been just as problematic an influence but his drama constantly gets a positive spin. Disrupting the club's summer plans and the new manager's debut season is just another in a line of problems his high maintenance has brought.

phelans shorts

Literally nobody has said this.

Pogba was never known for being horrible to be around, and according to Ralf even quelled a Ronaldo attempt at a revolt last season. The farce around Pogba (aka Mino) wasn’t good, obviously, but as was pointed out the only person to ever make any claims about Pogba being a horrible person is Mourinho, who himself is hardly a reliable witness.

If you can find a single story about Pogba being a nuisance then go for it, I’d love to see it, because I’ve never seen one.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
But, Mourinho seemly took him out (anonymous of course) as a funny, unprofessional example. I remember it’s about a player coming to ask him not to travel back with the team in club coach after an away victory but use his own limousine, kind of stuffs. I think he meant Pogba.
Yes, that was a story back then.

And possibly true to some degree.

But then, the question has to be: was this Pogba being his usual self - or was it Pogba and Mourinho not getting along?

I'm willing to cut Pogba some slack, personally. Mourinho is...Mourinho.

By all accounts, Pogba got on well with Ole. And before anyone says that Ole was a chump/idiot/****/whatever - he also got on well enough with...every other manager he's had except Mourinho.

Trequarista10

I always thought criticism of Pogba's personality wasn't so much him causing trouble, rather just being too laid back.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Mostly match what I read. But, Mourinho seemly took him out (anonymous of course) as a funny, unprofessional example. I remember it’s about a player coming to ask him not to travel back with the team in club coach after an away victory but use his own limousine, kind of stuffs. I think he meant Pogba.
Funnily enough Lukaku received his Rolls Royce(the brand mentioned) the season mentioned by Mourinho.

Rolaholic

I always thought criticism of Pogba's personality wasn't so much him causing trouble, rather just being too laid back.
The criticism regarding his agent/family drama always extended elsewhere though as he was constantly portrayed as a dressing room virus in spite of all his teammates and club staff over the years saying otherwise.

He might be many things but a dressing room disturbance wasn't one of them

city-puma

Funnily enough Lukaku received his Rolls Royce(the brand mentioned) the season mentioned by Mourinho.
I often wonder some players probably have too much money to know what to do with them really meaningfully. Cars are what a lot really love. But even in the general population, it’s similar. Most toddler boys like car toys than anything else. Amazing phenomenal.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
It was a harmless joke, although I should've known better considering your affection to Ronaldo.

You left out my question in my previous comment which is why I presume you copy-pasted instead of quoting me and you also changed the goal-post now to "none can produce, right now, what Ronaldo has for the club" which is something completely different to what I initially responded to which was - "To me, Ronaldo looks the only one angry at performances and embarrassed by them".

So if we're looking for anger and embarressment I think you should check youtube, there's both game highlights which show reactions to us conceding goals, missing chances, walking off the pitch etc and interviews with a ton of different players. I see a whole lot of anger and there's so much embarrassment in those clips that it'll last a lifetime, so to me it's clear as day that there's not a single player who isn't angry and embarrassed by our performances and I can't understand how someone who watches the games and has an interest in the club could not see that.
Except of course if you were part of Ronaldo's fanclub who is pushing this narrative that he's the only one who cares in an attempt to distance him from the shitshow so you can point the blame at literally everyone else.
you make some reasonable points and then make it impossible it to take you seriously with your attack on one of the greatest players to put on a United shirt and pathetically calling me a fan boy when you know absolutely nothing about me. By the way, I don't think many look embarrassed when the goals went in. annoyed maybe, but then you'd expect that from everyone.

You asked me to say more, so that's why i did. but your hatred of Ronaldo (who knows why) is making you blind. but enough of this - it's exactly why I didn't respond in full at the outset

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I think ronaldos camp and some clubs out there want utd to release ronaldo on a free. That way theres no transfer fee involved and the £15-£20mil fee can be spent on wages.

No way utd would go for that. They would want a fee. Agree with other posters. If ronaldo reduced his wage demands a move could probably materialise but his ego is more important than playing in CL.
Been obvious since Ronaldo resumed training with his agent.
I also think that is the reason behind our public "not for sale" stance.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
I also think that is the reason behind our public "not for sale" stance.
If so, it's a positive.

Meaning: we obviously shouldn't just let him go on a free because that would be nice for him.

Don't block a move - that would be both counterproductive and, frankly, incomprehensible from a football perspective.

But refuse to essentially finance it for him - I mean, this should be feckin' obvious.

Even in a situation where Ronaldo is considered a liability (for ETH, for the team as such), we shouldn't accommodate him in any way. He won't starve if he agrees to terminate the contract. If he's desperate to leave - he pays for it. Simple.

If he won't pay for it - fine, he's on our books and a squad member who can be dealt with in any way ETH sees fit.

Ted Lasso

If we're bringing Pogba into the mix, might as well add Mbappe. Ronaldo is one thing, having won everything but the WC. Mbappe stopping playing in the middle of a game , penalty drama, dissing Messi ..my goodness he's a plague on football. Makes Ronaldo and Pogba look like saints.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
1. No football player ever says bad things about other players publicly.. Or very, very, very rarely. Maybe Zlatan.
2. Nice little "look at me, don't forget me now that I'm retired" from Sneider.

Did he ever play with Ronaldo? No! He left Real before Ronaldo joined. So how he knows he is nice to people. Everybody has to say something publicly about him, usually sucking up.
Just get him out and be done with drama and saga.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
If so, it's a positive.

Meaning: we obviously shouldn't just let him go on a free because that would be nice for him.

Don't block a move - that would be both counterproductive and, frankly, incomprehensible from a football perspective.

But refuse to essentially finance it for him - I mean, this should be feckin' obvious.

Even in a situation where Ronaldo is considered a liability (for ETH, for the team as such), we shouldn't accommodate him in any way. He won't starve if he agrees to terminate the contract. If he's desperate to leave - he pays for it. Simple.

If he won't pay for it - fine, he's on our books and a squad member who can be dealt with in any way ETH sees fit.
That's what gets me. He's apparently desperate to leave, but won't buy himself out though he's fecking loaded.
I am 100% sure that if a bid came in for him, we would consider it.
I want to see this club give ETH some authority and banish him to the stands.
I am really looking forward to seeing who starts on Monday.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
If we're bringing Pogba into the mix, might as well add Mbappe. Ronaldo is one thing, having won everything but the WC. Mbappe stopping playing in the middle of a game , penalty drama, dissing Messi ..my goodness he's a plague on football. Makes Ronaldo and Pogba look like saints.
maybe I should start watching French football, obviously missing the fun.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
I am 100% sure that if a bid came in for him, we would consider it.
I'm 95% sure.

There's still the idea at the back of my head that the owners insist on him staying for brand/commercial reasons.

But I don't believe that - or I refuse to believe it.

The likelier scenario is that no major club wants him - both for football reasons and also, obviously, because they aren't keen on matching his wages (and certainly not on top of any transfer fee, no matter how relatively "modest" - say in the 20 mill region - it may be).

If he desperately wants out either for personal or professional reasons, the obvious take is that he needs to pay for it in one way or another. That's the way it goes. United can help facilitate a move, certainly (for football or personal reasons). But United cannot to any considerable extent finance said move - that should be entirely out of the question.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
Wouldn't be surprised if his statement has to do with the club's structure and ownership. We will see. The timing of him making the statement and suddenly the club finding the cash to sign Casemiro and bid 65m for Antony is a bit fishy. It may be a coincidence but I doubt it.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
He can't tell it like it is before the window closes.

That makes sense.

Well - it does make sense if his story is all about how horrible United are, I suppose.

To be honest, I'll gladly take that story (about how horrible United are) if he actually fecks off.

Still - it will be interesting to see what he has to say if he does end up staying.

(Lots of clubs wanted him, but he was always keen on staying. He briefly considered leaving (possibly retiring) for personal reasons, but he definitely did not want to leave United, as he loves the club and - especially - the fans. All the stories were fabricated by mean tabloid journos.)

MrEleson

1. No football player ever says bad things about other players publicly.. Or very, very, very rarely. Maybe Zlatan.
2. Nice little "look at me, don't forget me now that I'm retired" from Sneider.

Did he ever play with Ronaldo? No! He left Real before Ronaldo joined. So how he knows he is nice to people. Everybody has to say something publicly about him, usually sucking up.
Just get him out and be done with drama and saga.
He trained with him and had a pre-season with him briefly when Ronaldo joined in 2009 before he was sold.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
you make some reasonable points and then make it impossible it to take you seriously with your attack on one of the greatest players to put on a United shirt and pathetically calling me a fan boy when you know absolutely nothing about me. By the way, I don't think many look embarrassed when the goals went in. annoyed maybe, but then you'd expect that from everyone.

You asked me to say more, so that's why i did. but your hatred of Ronaldo (who knows why) is making you blind. but enough of this - it's exactly why I didn't respond in full at the outset
I called out the narrative that his fanclub is spouting, how is that an attack on Ronaldo?

The majority of my post had to do with all the other players and how you and everyone else should be able to see that they are just as angry and embarrassed by the current situation as Ronaldo is. How you can take that and turn it into me being blinded by my hatred for Ronaldo is quite impressive, and it says a whole lot more about your feelings about him than mine.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
If so, it's a positive.

That's an expensive "positive" worth of 500k/wk (if he stays), makes it more work for EtH to manage the team, and harder for EtH to ask for a new striker.

Gottabekiddingme

You'll saying United shouldn't let him go for free like they paid 60M for him. He was brought in for 10M. It's not going to hurt anybody to terminate the contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.