Cristiano Ronaldo - Man Utd Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.th...cristiano-ronaldo-jet-manchester-mansion/amp/

"Yesterday Ronaldo’s minders were pictured collecting a meal for him at a restaurant in Alderley Edge, Cheshire." :lol:

He already has a plush 7-bedroom house near Alderley Edge the club are renting. I wonder if the club are providing him and his family with a house as part of the contract?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.th...ronaldo-georgina-rodriguez-private-jet-2/amp/

Ronny owns his own private jet costing a cool £20M in 2015 called Gulfstream G20. Probably why it won't show up on flight tracker:lol:

this guy is coming to United to win trophies. The fact he is coming back to the Premier League at 36 which everyone agrees is the most physically demanding League.. is very brave that he still wants to challenge himself when he has nothing left to prove.. he could've gone to MLS, Dubai, China, France etc for the money but he wants a challenge and that should be applauded. What a great example to the young lads.. having a 36 year old who has won everything in club football, played For the biggest teams got to the top of the mountain, is a billionaire who owns his own private jet.. but is still hungry for trophies. It's not about money for him that's clear!

I think United will play him upfront flanked by 2 of Rashfood/Sancho/Martial/Greenwood in a 4-3-3 and that for me is the most exciting, interchangeable and fluid front 3 we've had since 09!

honestly for Ronny to come back home and win us the Premier League at 36 would be legendary and deserves his own statue!:keano:
Thats a really nice house, wonder will he move back to the one he owns before in Alderley Edge?

Also the one he owns in Madrid looks really nice, with postmodern style, wonder will he look for another similar one in Manchester.

Mr Smith

So I've been watching some individual match highlights from his last season with Juventus. A few stray observations:

- Ronaldo still dribbles far more than you'd expect, and he is still very much capable of beating a player. He could really tear weaker defences apart. However, this is far less effective against a top side. His two games against Inter last season he struggled;

- Juve almost never played him up front. In the vast majority of games last season he was deployed as a left winger off Morata, or even Kulusevski, who isn't even a natural forward himself. I'm not sure why this was. Maybe they felt that his hold-up play was not good enough, and he needs to play off someone up top? He has done that for most of the last few years, with Benzema at Real, and then Mandzukic first, then Morata at Juve;

- He likes to get involved in the build-up play. Much the way Zlatan did when he was with us, Ronaldo often drops off and exchanges passes with a player before trying to dart in behind. I do think a part of this was the lack of creativity in Juve's side last season; with Dybala out for a lot of the year they were hugely reliant on him to make things happen. I also think he'll get more and better service for us than he appeared to at Juve;

- When he is found in the box, he's incredibly dangerous. Even if he can't head it, he almost always brings it down and gets a shot away. I honestly think we could cause chaos by just whipping crosses into him 10 times a game.

Given all of the above, I would be playing him up front most games with quick, creative players around him (Bruno, Sancho, Greenwood et al) for most games, but I think he can also play off Cavani (or even Greenwood) against weaker teams. What's clear is that he's not an orthodox striker and doesn't really play like one (or at least hasn't for a while). What's not clear is how much of this was Juve's limitations, and how much is just Ronaldo's game now.

Heardy

Just tried to order a shirt off the united site - “pre order item” that will ship before 4 October?

Anyone else think demand for Ronaldo shirts has gone through the roof??

Fluctuation0161

It is essential and probably the biggest reason lower and non league football in this country is still so well supported.

The armchair lot would be better served taking their anger out on the TV companies for not picking United-Newcastle for the first time in god knows how many years as opposed to a ruling that is great for the game in this country.
Great point.

3vra

Just tried to order a shirt off the united site - “pre order item” that will ship before 4 October?

For Poland 2 days ago it was December, 20th

Madness

Btw is it Possible to get one in megastore at OT or they are also out ?

Pronewbie

Peep
For Poland 2 days ago it was December, 20th

Madness

Btw is it Possible to get one in megastore at OT or they are also out ?
They're sold out of the cup font. Apparently Adidas were already having production issues so just get your hands on what you can get if you really want it ASAP. Or get a high quality knock-off.

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.
So I've been watching some individual match highlights from his last season with Juventus. A few stray observations:

- Ronaldo still dribbles far more than you'd expect, and he is still very much capable of beating a player. He could really tear weaker defences apart. However, this is far less effective against a top side. His two games against Inter last season he struggled;

- Juve almost never played him up front. In the vast majority of games last season he was deployed as a left winger off Morata, or even Kulusevski, who isn't even a natural forward himself. I'm not sure why this was. Maybe they felt that his hold-up play was not good enough, and he needs to play off someone up top? He has done that for most of the last few years, with Benzema at Real, and then Mandzukic first, then Morata at Juve;

- He likes to get involved in the build-up play. Much the way Zlatan did when he was with us, Ronaldo often drops off and exchanges passes with a player before trying to dart in behind. I do think a part of this was the lack of creativity in Juve's side last season; with Dybala out for a lot of the year they were hugely reliant on him to make things happen. I also think he'll get more and better service for us than he appeared to at Juve;

- When he is found in the box, he's incredibly dangerous. Even if he can't head it, he almost always brings it down and gets a shot away. I honestly think we could cause chaos by just whipping crosses into him 10 times a game.

Given all of the above, I would be playing him up front most games with quick, creative players around him (Bruno, Sancho, Greenwood et al) for most games, but I think he can also play off Cavani (or even Greenwood) against weaker teams. What's clear is that he's not an orthodox striker and doesn't really play like one (or at least hasn't for a while). What's not clear is how much of this was Juve's limitations, and how much is just Ronaldo's game now.

This supports those observations. Obviously he'll be up against better defenders in the Premier league but having faster and creative players around him can only help him.

Jericholyte2

Which font do you prefer? The cup one or the league one? I ordered the league one but am now thinking the cup font looks nicer..:(
On the home shirt I think the league font looks better, but especially on the 3rd kit, with the cup font being gold, it looks far better than with the league font.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

This supports those observations. Obviously he'll be up against better defenders in the Premier league but having faster and creative players around him can only help him.
Are the defenders better in the Premier League than in Italy? They might be more accustomed to defending the aerial ball. However, I don't see much to make me believe that the base level is very different.

We used to say stuff like this about France, then the likes of Hazrard, Kante and Mahrez came to England and won player of the season back to back.

At the highest level English sides are, in the main, stronger than their contintental counterparts. However, I have not seen anything that makes me think Cristiano will find it significantly harder against Crystal Palace than against Cagliari.

My main thought on Ronaldo is he will do pretty much everything Martial does when up front e.g., drift wide, come into the build up, dribble people, cut inside. However, Ronaldo will just do it all so much better it'll seem like night and day. Plus he has two strengths Martial doesn't have that will even more devastating: Aerial ability and movement in the box.

Cristiano's heading is amazing. But what's really amazing is how he gets into a position to use it. For a 6ft plus forward he's brilliant at ghosting into scoring positions. A big lad like him shouldn't find it as easy to lose his marker. Yet with clever runs, great timing, a bit of disguise, Ronaldo is always able to find that bit of space.

I genuinely don't think a lot of people realise how dangerous an attacker he remains.

3vra

It's absolutely insane - on my FB feed (yes I use FB), United's post with his shirt side by side with Cavani 27. CR7 115 pounds, Cavani's new 21 shirt - 65 pounds.
Authentic shirt with printing is 114,95
Replica with printing is 79,95
Kids replica with printing is 64,95

Does not matter what printing your take.

So i guess you had authentic Ronaldo and Cavani’s kids kit.

AaronRedDevil

All-Time Top Scorers In 2014:

Pele - All competitions (765)
Raul - Real Madrid (323)
Ali Daei - International Competitions (109)
Raul - Champions League (71)
Platini - European Championship (9)
Delgado- Club World Cup (5)

All-Time Top Scorers Now:

Ronaldo - All Competitions (785)
Ronaldo- Real Madrid (450)
Ronaldo - Champions League (134)
Ronaldo- International Competitions (111)
Ronaldo - European Championship (14)
Ronaldo - Club World Cup (7)
GOAT in every sense of the word.

MrEleson

Already conceding defeat in the race for the PL golden boot?

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Already conceding defeat in the race for the PL golden boot?
Sounds more like he has a lot of respect and admiration for him whilst realising the limits of his talent. Nobody would ever put Lukaku in the same bracket as Ronaldo including Lukaku himself as we can see.

Last edited:

spiriticon

He has the best leap relative to his size.
Not only that, but his technique on the header as well. He has a knack for heading it down into the ground then into the absolute corner, making it so hard for the keeper.

Then there's also many other times I've seen him head it top bins. Incredible accuracy.

Eplel

What are the chances he starts against Newcastle?

He's already my captain in FPL, and I'm already dreaming of firing that triple captain button.

noelyman

I bought my Ronaldo 7 shirt from Sports Direct online as soon as I heard that the megastore are out of stock. Was initially reluctant to put money in Mike Ashley’s pockets. But I’ve kind of been thinking well Glazers? Ashley? Tomato tomarto.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus

Basically we've signed another player that's better off the left? Along with Sancho, Rashford and Pogba.

MrEleson

Sounds more like he has a lot of respect and administration for him whilst realising the limits of his talent. Nobody would ever put Lukaku in the same bracket as Ronaldo including Lukaku himself as we can see.
Yeah that’s true

Nero

I would hazard a guess he hasn't actually told his teammates anything.

meamth

From what Ronaldo said it seems there was communication between Ronaldo and Cavani. The club didn't strip him of his jersey a la Zlatan/Martial. Seems like Cavani was open to a swap as long as he got the 21.
And to get no.21 vacant they had to sell James.

Pretty brutal if you ask me. :lol:

BeltUp

Supports
United

I ordered one for my son and neice just as the 7 was confirmed. The order says I should receive it within 5 days but I am based in Manchester - I only had to order because I'm isolating with covid - otherwise I would have just gone to the megastore.

Reactions: Cheimoon

Mr Smith

Basically we've signed another player that's better off the left? Along with Sancho, Rashford and Pogba.
I didn't say he was better off the left, to be clear. I'm saying that's where Juve played him most of the time, partly out of necessity, partly because they already had outright strikers who's best qualities are being a foil for a more talented wide forward (ie Mandzukic and Morata). I really do believe that especially in his last season at Juve, the team became so dysfunctional he ended up having the burden of being the creator as well as the main goalscorer. That shouldn't happen in our team as we have some of the most creative players in Europe.

I wouldn't play him as a wide forward, partly because, as you point out, we've got younger, quicker players capable of playing in those positions, but also because it will be a liability in big games, as he won't track his fullback. Like, at all. I'd much prefer him to play up front, occasionally drop deep to exchange passes with Bruno or Greenwood or Sancho, and then spin in behind.

meamth

Even here in Malaysian urban areas, the original replica and authentic shirts are all out of stock.

I got mine yesterday and that was the last of it.

MichaelRed

Sucks that they advertised the long sleeve authentic shirt but they won't actually sell it.

Status
Not open for further replies.