Cristiano Ronaldo - Much Ado About Al Nassr

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Not really, most people who support United will have an affinity for players who won big trophies with us, this guy seems to spend his day's searching twitter for criticisms of Ronaldo from Saudi Arabia so he can post them.

It's the thing I've noticed on here, Ronaldo fans might rate Ronaldo over Messi or whatever. But the Messi fanboys seem to absolutely despise Ronaldo, on a personal and professional level
They jelly

Ladron de redcafe

Not really, most people who support United will have an affinity for players who won big trophies with us, this guy seems to spend his day's searching twitter for criticisms of Ronaldo from Saudi Arabia so he can post them.

It's the thing I've noticed on here, Ronaldo fans might rate Ronaldo over Messi or whatever. But the Messi fanboys seem to absolutely despise Ronaldo, on a personal and professional level
Again, here you are with a hysterical rant about Messi. This is a Ronaldo thread. It has nothing to do with Messi. It seems Ronaldo fanboys like you are so obsessed with Mesi and absolutely despise him on a personal level that they can't help but bring him into every thread just to rant. Wipe your tears and and to the thread topic.

jm99

"Implies". No it doesn't. In other words you were called our for yourself third lie and don't have a rebuttal.

The last sentence is another stupid one. Saying that someone is the biggest factor doesn't mean he's the only factor. Again, stop simply lying to suit your agenda.
There was no previous lies, I'd mixed you with other rabid fanboys and apologised and the other occasion I showed the source i used which is a well respected football site, but their methodology was wrong, again not a lie.

He still wasn't the biggest factor, even if you went along with your assumption that he underperformed, the idea that this is a bigger factor than bringing in close to 300m worth of new signings and a manager that's so much better than either from last season they wouldn't even be able to fit on the same scale. Chelsea went from appalling under lampard to winning the champions league with tuchel in the space of the same season. I'd say the difference in quality between lampard and tuchel is about the same as between rangnick/solskjaer and ten hag. How you can think Ronaldo is a bigger factor than that change is absolutely beyond me.

You also argue against every other factor I bring up as being important, so while you seem to be admitting he's not the only factor you do seem to try and downplay how much of a difference everything else makes

You called 30 year old eriksen ancient to downplay his impact so that's a lie from you

jm99

Again, here you are with a hysterical rant about Messi. This is a Ronaldo thread. It has nothing to do with Messi. It seems Ronaldo fanboys like you are so obsessed with Mesi and absolutely despise him on a personal level that they can't help but bring him into every thread just to rant. Wipe your tears and and to the thread topic.
Of course it has to with Messi, I see you and genardk in every thread constantly praising Messi and constantly criticising Ronaldo, and like i said the hatred of Ronaldo seems to be on a personal level. I don't despise Messi on a personal level, in fact for years I've said that he's better than Pele and Maradona and people who arguing otherwise are clouded by nostalgia, I've just said that I thought Ronaldo was better but if he goes to the mls or whatever at the end of this season I'm not going to be desperately waiting to post clips of him messing up in what is essentially a retirement league

Ladron de redcafe

There was no previous lies, I'd mixed you with other rabid fanboys and apologised and the other occasion I showed the source i used which is a well respected football site, but their methodology was wrong, again not a lie.

He still wasn't the biggest factor, even if you went along with your assumption that he underperformed, the idea that this is a bigger factor than bringing in close to 300m worth of new signings and a manager that's so much better than either from last season they wouldn't even be able to fit on the same scale. Chelsea went from appalling under lampard to winning the champions league with tuchel in the space of the same season. I'd say the difference in quality between lampard and tuchel is about the same as between rangnick/solskjaer and ten hag. How you can think Ronaldo is a bigger factor than that change is absolutely beyond me.

You also argue against every other factor I bring up as being important, so while you seem to be admitting he's not the only factor you do seem to try and downplay how much of a difference everything else makes

You called 30 year old eriksen ancient to downplay his impact so that's a lie from you
You claimed I constantly talked about UCL KO stages in a Messi vs Ronaldo debate. I challenged you to bring up the posts. You couldn't.

You told us that United had 37 points after 20 games last season. You were called out on another lie.

You then proceed to say that I said Ronaldo is the "only" reason for the change in form and that there were no other factors. A 3rd lie.

So yeah, if you have problems posting without lying, you might want to seek help.

Regarding Ronaldo, he's clearly the biggest factor since we built the entire offense around him and the team fell 4 spots and the goals dried up overnight, only for everything to become rosy again as soon as he left.

Ladron de redcafe

Of course it has to with Messi, I see you and genardk in every thread constantly praising Messi and constantly criticising Ronaldo, and like i said the hatred of Ronaldo seems to be on a personal level. I don't despise Messi on a personal level, in fact for years I've said that he's better than Pele and Maradona and people who arguing otherwise are clouded by nostalgia, I've just said that I thought Ronaldo was better but if he goes to the mls or whatever at the end of this season I'm not going to be desperately waiting to post clips of him messing up in what is essentially a retirement league
Buddy. Its literally a Ronalso thread. Nobody is interested in Messi or your opinion of him. You seem unhinged and genuinely irrational in your hatred of Messi which seems personal. Get help.

But try to stick to the thread topic. If something about Ronaldo comes up on my feed and I post it, it's my prerogative. You can press ignore if you're too delicate to see criticism of your idol. Just don't cry about it like a fanboy.

jm99

You claimed I constantly talked about UCL KO stages in a Messi vs Ronaldo debate. I challenged you to bring up the posts. You couldn't.

You told us that United had 37 points after 20 games last season. You were called out on another lie.

You then proceed to say that I said Ronaldo is the "only" reason for the change in form and that there were no other factors. A 3rd lie.

So yeah, if you have problems posting without lying, you might want to seek help.

Regarding Ronaldo, he's clearly the biggest factor since we built the entire offense around him and the team fell 4 spots and the goals dried up overnight, only for everything to become rosy again as soon as he left.
No transfermarkt lied, I took those stats at face value. He's the only reason you've mentioned in this thread and you've downplayed every other one.

Built the attack around him :lol: we signed him on deadline day and slotted him into the team, my understanding of building an attack around someone would involve signing players to get the best out of them, not just playing them after a last minute and clearly not pre planned signing

dabronxolivera

Supports
Al Hilal

Anyway how is your god idol Ronaldo doing in the Arab league ? I heard he has scored hattrick for every game he played there ? Probably you can post a few of his goal highlights there to show these heretics here not to besmirch your god idol

Ladron de redcafe

No transfermarkt lied, I took those stats at face value. He's the only reason you've mentioned in this thread and you've downplayed every other one.

Built the attack around him :lol: we signed him on deadline day and slotted him into the team, my understanding of building an attack around someone would involve signing players to get the best out of them, not just playing them after a last minute and clearly not pre planned signing
Who cares when we signed him? :lol: Is critical reasoning something you struggle with? After we signed him, the entire attack was built to supply him with chances. Imagine being too much of a deluded fanboy to see it any different.

"He's the only person you're discussing". It's because it's a RONALDO THREAD, you absolute fanboy:lol: Who else would we be discussing in a Ronaldo thread?

Last edited:

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
While we’re on the important topics of 2023, Oasis are better than Blur.

jm99

Who cares when we signed him? :lol: Is critical reasoning something you struggle with? After we signed him, the entire attack was built to supply him with chances. Imagine being too much of a deluded fanboy to see it any different.

"He's the only person you're discussing". It's because it's a RONALDO THREAD, you deranged individual :lol: Who else would we be discussing in a Ronaldo thread?
You can't build an attack around someone if you sign them on deadline day and don't actually change the way you play. His expected goals last season was 17.2 or something in the league and he scored 18, so this fantasy you've concocted of an attack that does nothing but supply him with chances is pretty far off. So we didn't supply him with so many more chances, we didn't sign any players to get the best out of him, the only reason you could say the attack was built around him was that our only other attackers, were in Spain, Uruguay or sevilla and he was the only option. But this idea that the whole team was supplying him not stop is not supported by the data

You would dicuss other factors that impacted how we performed, while you keep writing them all off.

genardk

Supports
Juventus
What are you talking about? Narcissistic people are universally disliked, Ronaldo is that guy, Messi is not. I have not heard Messi making toxic statements, interviews about his ex-teammates (imaging Messi saying Xavi, Iniesta etc. is jealous of him in an interview), criticizing his teams, disrespecting the coaches, managers etc. I have not heard Messi regularly making statements like "I am the GOAT.. I am the best .. I have 4-5 Ballon Dors, Xavi none..."" etc. etc. type of childish statements either.. Also, it's beyond me how you can call yourself a United fan seeing the way Ronaldo treated your team since the beginning of summer (like garbage), most United fans here seem to have enough self-respect and pride to put him in his place..

Many people dislike Ronaldo and his fans portraying him as a GOAT despite all his limitations, limited technique etc. thanks to the power of social media. This is something I have been saying for years, now the whole world seems to agree with me (even many of his now "former" fans) and loves making fun of him.

If someone ever finds himself in a situation where everybody seems to dislike/hate him (even the fans of the club where he was made, United), then he has to take a break in Swiss Alps or somewhere similar with tranquility, read Meditations by Marcus Aurelius and then maybe he will transform. Though judging by his Saudi contract video, the guy seems helpless and seems to have no intention of getting therapy to deal with his narcissistic traits..

Last edited:

Ladron de redcafe

You can't build an attack around someone if you sign them on deadline day and don't actually change the way you play. His expected goals last season was 17.2 or something in the league and he scored 18, so this fantasy you've concocted of an attack that does nothing but supply him with chances is pretty far off. So we didn't supply him with so many more chances, we didn't sign any players to get the best out of him, the only reason you could say the attack was built around him was that our only other attackers, were in Spain, Uruguay or sevilla and he was the only option. But this idea that the whole team was supplying him not stop is not supported by the data

You would dicuss other factors that impacted how we performed, while you keep writing them all off.

Ofcourse you can. Case in point what United did.
Ronaldo had 27 goal contributions in all competitions which isn't that impressive. For perspective, Rashford had 36 or 37 the previous year and is already nearly at Ronaldo's entire total last year by late January.

I would discuss other players in the appropriate thread. And Ronaldo in this one.

Ladron de redcafe

What are you talking about? Narcissistic people are universally disliked, Ronaldo is that guy, Messi is not. I have not heard Messi making toxic statements, interviews about his ex-teammates (imaging Messi saying Xavi, Iniesta etc. is jealous of him in an interview), criticizing his teams, disrespecting the coaches, managers etc. I have not heard Messi regularly making statements like "I am the GOAT.. I am the best .. I have 4-5 Ballon Dors, Xavi none..."" etc. etc. type of childish statements either.. Also, it's beyond me how you can call yourself a United fan seeing the way Ronaldo treated your team since the beginning of summer (like a garbage), most United fans here seem to have enough self-respect and pride to put him in his place..

Many people dislike Ronaldo and his fans portraying him as a GOAT despite all his limitations, limited technique etc. thanks to the power of social media. This is something I have been saying for years, now the whole world seems to agree with me (even many of his fans) and loves making fun of him.

If someone ever finds himself in a situation where everybody seems to dislike/hate him (even the fans of the club where he was made, United), then he has to take a break in Swiss Alps and somewhere similar with tranquility, read Meditations by Marcus Aurelius and then maybe he will transform. Though judging by his Saudi contract video, the guy seems helpless and seems to have no intention of getting therapy to deal with his narcissistic traits..
These fanboys are something else. The way he gets emotional and tries to police posts just because some not so flattering tweets are trending about Ronaldo is a little unsettling.

jm99

What are you talking about? Narcissistic people are universally disliked, Ronaldo is that guy, Messi is not. I have not heard Messi making toxic statements, interviews about his ex-teammates (imaging Messi saying Xavi, Iniesta etc. is jealous of him in an interview), criticizing his teams, disrespecting the coaches, managers etc. I have not heard Messi regularly making statements like "I am the GOAT.. I am the best .. I have 4-5 Ballon Dors, Xavi none..."" etc. etc. type of childish statements either.. Also, it's beyond me how you can call yourself a United fan seeing the way Ronaldo treated your team since the beginning of summer (like a garbage), most United fans here seem to have enough self-respect and pride to put him in his place..

Many people dislike Ronaldo and his fans portraying him as a GOAT despite all his limitations, limited technique etc. thanks to the power of social media. This is something I have been saying for years, now the whole world seems to agree with me (even many of his fans) and loves making fun of him.

If someone ever finds himself in a situation where everybody seems to dislike/hate him (even the fans of the club where he was made, United), then he has to take a break in Swiss Alps and somewhere similar with tranquility, read Meditations by Marcus Aurelius and then maybe he will transform. Though judging by his Saudi contract video, the guy seems helpless and seems to have no intention of getting therapy to deal with his narcissistic traits..
I still like Ronaldo from what he did for us the first time round, if you didn't support United then, you don't know how much it felt like Chelsea were going to dominate forever under city and we would be left miles off them, then Ronaldo became the best player in the world and the team in general improved and we won three titles in a row. Whatever he did now, as much as you disregard it, he's not in a good place mentally with his child dying, and that coupled with his sharp decline this season has led to him acting in a petty and juvenile way.

From the stories we've heard Messi can be a bit of a shit behind the scenes, getting the little dictator name but personally however either of them act doesn't bother me. The only sportspeople you should have personal hatred for are like shared being racist on the pitch and biting people, or the like. Someone being arrogant or narcissistic shouldn't inspire that level of hatred from you or anyone else

jm99

Ronaldo had 27 goal contributions in all competitions which isn't that impressive. For perspective, Rashford had 36 or 37 the previous year and is already nearly at Ronaldo's entire total last year by late January.

I would discuss other players in the appropriate thread. And Ronaldo in this one.
But his goals were slightly above his expected goals, you just said the attack was builtt around him and was all to create chances for him, yet this isn't supported by facts. It was the other players not scoring and not creating, and since Ronaldo only had 18 expected goals its not as though they were giving up chances for him they just weren't creating full stop

jm99

These fanboys are something else. The way he gets emotional and tries to police posts just because some not so flattering tweets are trending about Ronaldo is a little unsettling.
I'm not trying to police posts, post whatever you want, it's just strange that someone would still be so concerned with what Ronaldo is doing when he's gone to a retirement league.

jm99

While I guess this is technically true, I've not checked the assist stats, Ronaldo played 38 games in all competitions and rashford played 57, with 8 of his goals coming in the europa league while all of ronaldos came in the Premier league or champions league. So I suppose I can't call this a lie but it's highly misleading

jm99

Anyway how is your god idol Ronaldo doing in the Arab league ? I heard he has scored hattrick for every game he played there ? Probably you can post a few of his goal highlights there to show these heretics here not to besmirch your god idol
I have no idea, I gather he's played one game and one friendly but I'm not planning on watching any of it whether he scores 50 goals or 0. Are you OK mate? Between you, and the other guy who accuses everyone else of crying and being emotional, I'm sensing quite a lot of projection

Ladron de redcafe

But his goals were slightly above his expected goals, you just said the attack was builtt around him and was all to create chances for him, yet this isn't supported by facts. It was the other players not scoring and not creating, and since Ronaldo only had 18 expected goals its not as though they were giving up chances for him they just weren't creating full stop
So he's not getting in good enough positions. Seems as though its his problem, mate.

Ladron de redcafe

While I guess this is technically true, I've not checked the assist stats, Ronaldo played 38 games in all competitions and rashford played 57, with 8 of his goals coming in the europa league while all of ronaldos came in the Premier league or champions league. So I suppose I can't call this a lie but it's highly misleading
So Rashford is more readlt available? Good for him. Partly explains why he was much more productive than Ronaldo.

Ladron de redcafe

I'm not trying to police posts, post whatever you want, it's just strange that someone would still be so concerned with what Ronaldo is doing when he's gone to a retirement league.
Well you're crying about it. So you obviously are trying to do just that. As I said, deal with your emotions in a healthy way. Don't come here an emotional wreck just because twitter is trending with people laughing at your idol.

Ladron de redcafe

I have no idea, I gather he's played one game and one friendly but I'm not planning on watching any of it whether he scores 50 goals or 0. Are you OK mate? Between you, and the other guy who accuses everyone else of crying and being emotional, I'm sensing quite a lot of projection
Are you okay? Because the one clearly emotional here is you, and your posts reflect that.

jm99

So he's not getting in good enough positions. Seems as though its his problem, mate.
So previously you said our attack was entirely geared to find him chances and get him goals and now that's been proven wrong you've just changed what you're saying. There was a also a video going round where our players kept missing his runs, it was on twitter at some point last year. But if you're suggesting the sum of a teams creative output for a season is 18 goals then that team has far bigger problems than the guy getting on the end of the chances

jm99

Well you're crying about it. So you obviously are trying to do just that. As I said, deal with your emotions in a healthy way. Don't come here an emotional wreck just because twitter is trending with people laughing at your idol.
What the hell are you talking about? Emotional? Crying? You do realise you're talking to a screen right, those little laughing emoji I posted weren't me actually laughing with a green face. But you seem to do it a lot, try some form of personal attacks, often ending your posts with "jog on" or something else

Ladron de redcafe

So previously you said our attack was entirely geared to find him chances and get him goals and now that's been proven wrong you've just changed what you're saying. There was a also a video going round where our players kept missing his runs, it was on twitter at some point last year. But if you're suggesting the sum of a teams creative output for a season is 18 goals then that team has far bigger problems than the guy getting on the end of the chances
But you haven't proven me wrong mate :lol: everyone's output went down because they are. Geared to cresting for a static forward. No idea how on earth you think this tripe repudiated that. Try harder.

Ladron de redcafe

What the hell are you talking about? Emotional? Crying? You do realise you're talking to a screen right, those little laughing emoji I posted weren't me actually laughing with a green face. But you seem to do it a lot, try some form of personal attacks, often ending your posts with "jog on" or something else
Oh you poor baby! How delicate!

jm99

But you haven't proven me wrong mate :lol: everyone's output went down because they are. Geared to cresting for a static forward. No idea how on earth you think this tripe repudiated that. Try harder.
Well so far you've called eriksen ancient and talked about rashford outperforming Ronaldo's goal contributions ignoring that he played 1.5x as many games.

18xg for a forward is not having everything geared towards supplying them and they signed him on deadline day, yet you're trying to argue it was built around him. Others output went down because rashford couldn't perform the basics and Fernandes had something like half of his goals as penalties under ole, not because of the chances they supplied Ronaldo with which on average he finished

Ladron de redcafe

Well so far you've called eriksen ancient and talked about rashford outperforming Ronaldo's goal contributions ignoring that he played 1.5x as many games.

18xg for a forward is not having everything geared towards supplying them and they signed him on deadline day, yet you're trying to argue it was built around him. Others output went down because rashford couldn't perform the basics and Fernandes had something like half of his goals as penalties under ole, not because of the chances they supplied Ronaldo with which on average he finished
Who cares how many games Ronaldo played? The fact of the matter is that Rashford was more readily available and was by far the more productive player.

Ronaldo's 27 goal contributions were a big decrease and its not a wonder the team declined. Here's Rashford approaching Ronaldos entire season worth in January.

jm99

Who cares how many games Ronaldo played? The fact of the matter is that Rashford was more readily available and was by far the more productive player.

Ronaldo's 27 goal contributions were a big decrease and its not a wonder the team declined. Here's Rashford approaching Ronaldos entire season worth in January.
Becuae only 11 of rashfords goals came in the Premier league, despite playing 8 more games, the rest came in cup competitions that we didn't win. I seriously can't believe you're trying to argue that 18 goals in 30 games isn't better than 11 in 38, if you play extra games in the cup and the europa league and the like. You know what, this is like talking to a brick wall, you're actually trying to argue that rashford playing 20 more games is irrelevant when it comes to who had more goal contributions in a season.

Ladron de redcafe

Becuae only 11 of rashfords goals came in the Premier league, despite playing 8 more games, the rest came in cup competitions that we didn't win. I seriously can't believe you're trying to argue that 18 goals in 30 games isn't better than 11 in 38, if you play extra games in the cup and the europa league and the like. You know what, this is like talking to a brick wall, you're actually trying to argue that rashford playing 20 more games is irrelevant when it comes to who had more goal contributions in a season.
Nobody cares. Rashford had 37 goals and assists in all competitions to Ronaldo's 27. Quite a big difference :D

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
36 pages in a thread about a former player who ruined his reputation at the club where he made his name, it's getting boring, move on for gawds sake!

Edit: 37 pages

Last edited: