Cristiano Ronaldo - Much Ado About Al Nassr

heraklion

As mental as Ronaldo' detractors following the league and laughing at his decline?! Only one set of the two groups are following a player they dislike's performances in a league they don't care about...
The other is not known for badmouthing against his former/current teams, teammates, managers etc. He is also not a primadonna unlike the other that frequently makes absurd statements on how he is the greatest ever, how he loves so-called challenges or belittling other players ending up in Middle East like Xavi. The guy fully deserves what he gets and it is very entertaining to watch his heroic displays in the mighty Saudi league for all football fans. If he were more of a down to earth player like many former/current greats, then I do not think many will enjoy making fun of him. Even United fans seem to hate/dislike Ronaldo which is a major achievement if you think about it.

He is not much different from a stand-up show clown at this point. You basically have something funny about his Saudi adventures almost every week in the news, very hard to ignore..

Pickle85

The other is not known for badmouthing against his former/current teams, teammates, managers etc. He is also not a primadonna unlike the other that frequently makes absurd statements on how he is the greatest ever, how he loves so-called challenges or belittling other players ending up in Middle East like Xavi. The guy fully deserves what he gets and it is very entertaining to watch his heroic displays in the mighty Saudi league for all football fans. If he were more of a down to earth player like many former/current greats, then I do not think many will enjoy making fun of him. Even United fans seem to hate/dislike Ronaldo which is a major achievement if you think about it.

He is not much different from a stand-up show clown at this point. You basically have something funny about his Saudi adventures almost every week in the news, very hard to ignore..
What does Messi have to do with this?! I was just saying isn't it a bit odder for people that actively dislike him to be following him in the Saudi league?

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
What does Messi have to do with this?! I was just saying isn't it a bit odder for people that actively dislike him to be following him in the Saudi league?
For United fans who think he's behaved like a dick during his most recent stint at the club you can see why they might want to wallow in the schadenfreude of his Saudi experience going south. I know I'm more interested in what's happening now than when he was scoring regularly for them. And that sort of behaviour is definitely less weird than obsessively following his every match since he left United and weaving conspiracy theories about how the powers that be are deliberately sabotaging his Saudi career.

Pickle85

For United fans who think he's behaved like a dick during his most recent stint at the club you can see why they might want to wallow in the schadenfreude of his Saudi experience going south. I know I'm more interested in what's happening now than when he was scoring regularly for them. And that sort of behaviour is definitely less weird than obsessively following his every match since he left United and weaving conspiracy theories about how the powers that be are deliberately sabotaging his Saudi career.
Fair enough. I quit following him when he gave up on us. Not referring to you here but I do still think that obsessively following a player one hates while he's in Saudi is weirder than those that love him doing the same. That said, I find the individual player Fandom baffling and slightly cringe.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Fair enough. I quit following him when he gave up on us. Not referring to you here but I do still think that obsessively following a player one hates while he's in Saudi is weirder than those that love him doing the same. That said, I find the individual player Fandom baffling and slightly cringe.
More than slightly! Cringiest thing in football.

troylocker

Another goalless non-win yesterday. Al-Nassr is now 5 points behind Al-Ittihad with 4 matches to go and is out of both domestic cups (they were top of the league and still in both cups after GW 13 when he arrived).

Ronaldo's back to sober numbers after a hot start as well. For Al-Nassr this season:
12 goals (4 pens) and 2 assists in 16 games (1437 minutes)
0,75 goals/90
0,50 non penalty goals/90
0,88 G+A/90
0,63 npG+A/90

There is even multiple better goalscorers in the league and his own team:

Ighalo for Al-Hilal this season:
20 goals (3 pens) and 2 assists in 28 games (2190 minutes)
0,82 goals/90
0,70 non penalty goals/90
0,91 G+A/90
0,78 npG+A/90

Talisca (#10 in Ronaldo's team) this season:
17 goals (2 pens) and 1 assists in 23 games (1910 minutes)
0,80 goals/90
0,71 non penalty goals/90
0,85 G+A/90
0,75 npG+A/90

Hamdallah in Al-Ittihad this season:
24 goals (8 pens) and 0 assists in 27 games (2501 minutes)
0,86 goals/90
0,58 non penalty goals/90
0,86 G+A/90
0,58 npG+A/90

I guess he and his wife are living the dream down there, I hope they love sportswashing money more than his legacy.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
He’s completely ruined their season :lol: you can’t write it.

Ladron de redcafe

Another goalless non-win yesterday. Al-Nassr is now 5 points behind Al-Ittihad with 4 matches to go and is out of both domestic cups (they were top of the league and still in both cups after GW 13 when he arrived).

Ronaldo's back to sober numbers after a hot start as well. For Al-Nassr this season:
0,75 goals/90
0,88 G+A/90
0,63 npG+A/90

:lol:

jm99

0,75 goals/90
0,88 G+A/90
0,63 npG+A/90

Ighalo for Al-Hilal this season:
20 goals (3 pens) and 2 assists in 28 games (2190 minutes)
0,82 goals/90
0,70 non penalty goals/90
0,91 G+A/90
0,78 npG+A/90

Talisca (#10 in Ronaldo's team) this season:
17 goals (2 pens) and 1 assists in 23 games (1910 minutes)
0,80 goals/90
0,71 non penalty goals/90
0,85 G+A/90
0,75 npG+A/90

Hamdallah in Al-Ittihad this season:
24 goals (8 pens) and 0 assists in 27 games (2501 minutes)
0,86 goals/90
0,58 non penalty goals/90
0,86 G+A/90
0,58 npG+A/90

I guess he and his wife are living the dream down there, I hope they love sportswashing money more than his legacy.
This might be one of the most ridiculous things I've read on here. The guy is the top champions league scorer ever, top assisted ever, highest ever international goalscorer, best champions league player ever, one of the greatest players of all time, that's his legacy, its not what he does in a couple of seasons at Saudi Arabia at the end of his career :lol:

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
He seems happy chasing title in a league equivalent to League Two. Should have joined Grimsby Town instead...

Wing Attack Plan R

This might be one of the most ridiculous things I've read on here. The guy is the top champions league scorer ever, top assisted ever, highest ever international goalscorer, best champions league player ever, one of the greatest players of all time, that's his legacy, its not what he does in a couple of seasons at Saudi Arabia at the end of his career :lol:
I keep thinking to put you on ignore but then you go and write some insane rant delusional fanboy defense like this, and I’m entertained.

Last edited:

frostbite

He seems happy chasing title in a league equivalent to League Two. Should have joined Grimsby Town instead...
You forgot a small difference: He makes over $100 million a year and lives like a king.

Yes, he already has a lot of money and he doesn't really *need* $100 million, but I bet that even a billionaire would not say no to $100 million.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
You forgot a small difference: He makes over $100 million a year and lives like a king.

Yes, he already has a lot of money and he doesn't really *need* $100 million, but I bet that even a billionaire would not say no to $100 million.
I'd prefer Grimsby Town honestly.... Seaside town, dog friendly beaches, smoked haddock and I'll find myself a house near the haba

frostbite

I'd prefer Grimsby Town honestly.... Seaside town, dog friendly beaches, smoked haddock and I'll find myself a house near the haba
You'd prefer Grimsby Town to working in SA for a year for $100 million? Really? Hahaha, you are funny! Cheers!

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Geez... I thought that after that initial curiosity after the transfer, nobody would care abut this league. Almost any other European League has far more tactical and technical quality that this. Why are people suffering watching these games?

Edit: I'm obviously excluding Saudis, it's quite natural for them to watch their own league. I wouldn't recommend no one watching the portuguese league outside the big games, unless you suffer from insomnia.

Eddy_JukeZ

I just can't believe no one close to him advised him against that Piers Morgan interview.

It's such a black mark on his career honestly. Only his stupid fanboys lapped it up at the time.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Should have sucked it up and finished the season as a squad / rotation player at Man Utd before moving back to Sporting for the romantic end to his career. He chased the money though so hard to take any of his footballing feats seriously now, but he is earning huge money so all the power to him.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.

I think it’s 200 million a year.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
I just can't believe no one close to him advised him against that Piers Morgan interview.

It's such a black mark on his career honestly. Only his stupid fanboys lapped it up at the time.
Ronaldo is having bloody Jordan Peterson as life advisor, what would you expect?

clarkydaz

Think he done it off his own back. Telling nobody, including Mendes at the time

Pintu

Losing 2-1 at home to Banega’s Al-Shabab, and Ittihad winning theirs meaning they go 6 pts clear (with a favorable H2H s well) , 2 weekdays left, they’d win the title tonight if things stays as is.

And I think if Shabab catches Nassr they’ll miss next years Asian CL. Only the top 2 are guaranteed qualification.

This is goal about to burry Ronaldo’s last trophy hopes.

Pintu

Al Nassr playing now, live on Sky Sports YouTube channel.

The ground has so many empty seats.
It is a depressing night for them. The event is elsewere. The Jeddah club about to win their first league title since 2009.

Last edited:

Pintu

CR7 with the winner. Red faces all over the caf :lol:

obvious joke
We do not care.. We just laugh at him when he does bad…

His goals don’t matter, it‘s a shitty meaningless league anyway.

I saw this on twitter and understood he‘d scored…

Scottynaldinho

I've heard that Ittehad is the only top club in the league which has organically grown into its current state of stability. Rest of the clubs are state funded which is ridiculous for a national league for any country that the own state has clear biases.

I've also heard that Hilal is the club the royal family supports.

redcafe_reader

I keep thinking to put you on ignore but then you go and write some insane rant delusional fanboy defense like this, and I’m entertained.
There is nothing insane or rant or delusional about his post. Cristiano's football legacy is already set, regardless of what he did at age 38.

dan1509

Should have sucked it up and finished the season as a squad / rotation player at Man Utd before moving back to Sporting for the romantic end to his career. He chased the money though so hard to take any of his footballing feats seriously now, but he is earning huge money so all the power to him.
Yea, xavi and iniesta are no longer all time greats since they went to japan and qatar.