Cristiano Ronaldo - Much Ado About Al Nassr

Andrade

Rebuilding Expert
Before this thread, I thought that the only people who didn't think Ronaldo was one of the top 2 players of this century were twitter bots.
Are we talking about all-time or just this century? I don't have a problem with calling him the second best player of this century.

FrankFoot

Supports
Neutral
The world bows to your extreme maturity in posting hundreds of anonymous messages in a football internet forum. I'm sure that's what all the intellectuals do.

Leave out the 'I'm grown, everyone else is a toddler' bit please. We're all here talking obsessively about a sport that doesn't matter, not dissecting quantum physics.
Seems like you felt offended.

Sorry, I just did an observation as a neutral.

GinobiliTheGOAT

Cr7 has 600 million followers on Instagram alone,over 60 million or so on Twitter. By Far the most famous footballer on the internet. Most emerging young players including United newly signed Striker look up to him. But I am meant to believe on redcafe his influence will diminish when he is done.
hows that really possible?
Nigeria is so far to Portugal even here in this Country CR7 is the most celebrated football player. People legity throw party when Ronaldo scores. Not a Ronaldo fan boy or so but the arguments against Ronaldo greatness are often quite laughable.
People should be more objective in their comments.
And yet Messi has the most liked photo in social media history. There are a TON of bots on social media.

Henandez14

Supports
World peace
What a clutch player. Its not an easy game for him as he has to face against Savic-Neves midfield, with Koulibay in heart of defence man marking him, and under adverse situation with 10 men down too. The opponents are just stronger and better, he basically has to win the game with his own sheer determination. Also ends up beating the likes of Benzema to win the tournament golden boot.
Am I missing something? Benzema just joined this window yes? Ronaldo has had half a season to gel with his teammates. Did Benzema even play in the cup?

Andrade

Rebuilding Expert
Seems like you felt offended.

Sorry, I just did an observation as a neutral.
No, I've seen that type of comment many times before and I find it highly ironic. Also, everyone has bias, there's no such thing as 'neutral'.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Does the GK not play him offside for the 2nd one?

What I generally took from that video was it looks as if they are using a kid's plastic football because they sky it at every opportunity.
:lol:

Until the average quality of the saudi player becomes good, this development is not sustainable and we will see a lot of comedy stuff like this.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Am I missing something? Benzema just joined this window yes? Ronaldo has had half a season to gel with his teammates. Did Benzema even play in the cup?
Yes Benzema did play in same competition, scoring 3 goals in 4 games (finished as 2nd top scorer), but got knocked out in the quarter final. But fair enough he has less time to gel with his teammates.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
What a clutch player. Its not an easy game for him as he has to face against Savic-Neves midfield, with Koulibay in heart of defence man marking him, and under adverse situation with 10 men down too. The opponents are just stronger and better, he basically has to win the game with his own sheer determination. Also ends up beating the likes of Benzema to win the tournament golden boot.
Your fan-boyism is nauseating.

tomaldinho1

The feck is this thread still doing on the homepage? Can’t somebody just make it die? Nobody gives a feck about Ronaldo any more and nobody gives a feck about the poxy Saudi league.
It's become Messi v Ronaldo reborn but even worse and even more spiteful

Joel Miller

Your fan-boyism is nauseating.
Granted I know nothing about the Saudi league (who does?), but I read earlier it’s basically a friendly tournament? There was even a clip of one of the Arab sponsors (I think) referring to it as such. I’m lead to believe they were the best/or one of the best sides in the league before he joined too, so going to one of the top sides in a league of that standard and adding Mane too, it surely shouldn’t be hard to win things?

It’s been good for memes though, with people joking about the fact that the trophy looks like a pound shop World Cup. There was a thing on Facebook before the final saying it might be better for Ronaldo if he didn’t win it to avoid all the mockery and memes regarding the design of the trophy :lol:

Anyway, bigging up that final, describing it all as clutch and then cherry picking a bunch of metrics to suit Ronaldo in a GOAT debate did make me roll my eyes a little. Nothing wrong with idolising the guy (unless you’re a United fan seeing as he disrespected the club and fans), but the lengths people still go to in order to elevate his standing in the game is bonkers. Maybe this is where football tribalism is at now though? Maybe it’ll be the exact same with Mbappe and Haaland soon…

Chief123

My YouTube ended up auto playing a video compilation of all of Ronaldo’s goals for Real Madrid. The video is 1 hour 20 minutes long. He was an insane goal machine. A highlights reel of just his goals is longer than some movies.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Yeah he is deffo top 5, for me he's behind Messi, Pele and Cruyff, and just above Maradona. That's probably the 5 players on 99% of people's top 5, but everyone has a different order.
Above Maradona? nonsense, the guy took Napoli to the top and won a WC pretty much singlehandedly.

CR7 has longevity but he's not above Maradona IMO.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
My YouTube ended up auto playing a video compilation of all of Ronaldo’s goals for Real Madrid. The video is 1 hour 20 minutes long. He was an insane goal machine. A highlights reel of just his goals is longer than some movies.
Quality of his goals are mint too. He not just a great goalscorer. He´s always been a scorer of great goals.

CrockedRain

Supports
Madrid
What's the argument for Ronaldo being above Maradona?
What's the argument for Maradona being above Cristiano? He doesn't have a single thing over him except a better performance in the worldcup. Maradona was inferior to Cristiano in:
European football
Domestic football
Prime
Peak (Seven games isn't acceptable size for gauging peak performance)
Longevity

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
What's the argument for Maradona being above Cristiano? He doesn't have a single thing over him except a better performance in the worldcup. Maradona was inferior to Cristiano in:
European football
Domestic football
Prime
Longevity
Watching Maradona play is/was magic. It is beyond stats.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
European football
Domestic football
Prime
Longevity
CR7 has longevity and success in CL over Maradona. Prime and Peak over Maradona? Seriously? Even Messi himself may not say he is above Maradona on these two.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
CR7 has longevity and success in CL over Maradona. Prime and Peak over Maradona? Seriously? Even Messi himself may not say he is above Maradona on these two.
Im not arguing for ronnie here but Messi has always outwardly had the humbleperson persona and said other people can judge themselves where he is at, but considering he is from Argentina and named Maradona heir from a early age he would never say he was better than Maradona ever.

tomaldinho1

Keep thread on Ronaldo in Saudi, honestly some of you guys have to move on now - you're mewling over two blokes in their mid to late thirties both of whom are effectively now retired.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Keep thread on Ronaldo in Saudi, honestly some of you guys have to move on now - you're mewling over two blokes in their mid to late thirties both of whom are effectively now retired.
Yeah but only one of them can be a goat.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Like everyone else, I've seen 3 games featuring Maradona and that's enough to tell me he was better than the GOAT.
Pessi and Penaldo have never taken a bucketload of cocaine just before doing forward rolls during a training session.

TheGame

European football
Domestic football
Prime
Longevity
Good heavens, this has got to be one of the most stupidest posts I’ve seen.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Should make a GOAT thread with a poll and just use it as a fly trap for these posters
Rig it so that it fails to accept your choice nine times in a row, and then on the tenth attempt it picks the wrong option.