Cristiano Ronaldo (I stay)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mshnsh

Yep, really shit, really. Ffs
You said hes never been a good passer which is nonesense. He was very good especially at Madrid
I want you to explain how you judge his -- or anyone's -- passing as 'shit'.
I know assists don’t necessarily correlate with creativity and passing ability but there’s no way a guy who’s shit at passing would have the most assists in CL history and over 200 career assists.

If you look at guys that were elite in other areas of the game and not good at passing, they absolutely didn’t have good assist tallies.

If Ronaldo was a 9 or 10 as an attacking player in other facets of his game in his prime, he would probably be at around a 7.5 in passing.

You have a tendency to belittle every aspect of his game that isn’t scoring.

There’s no way a guy who is subpar at passing could pull this off. Not even once in a while (and with his weaker foot too):

I'll admit I was being harsh on him mainly because of his shenanigans. I think he was and is a decent passer of the ball capable producing a good pass once in a while but rarely to the level where you'd say "what a great pass". Let's just say you'd probably hardly ever notice his passing. Most of them are fairly run of the mill by professional European football standards.

The funny thing is that whenever this argument comes up, that exact same video pops up as if one pass proves a point.

As for him becoming "shit" at passing, I was referring to a few matches towards the end of his time at Real and at Juve where he'd mess up simple passes giving it straight to the opponent or passing the ball to nobody. But these are few and far between.

Galactic

Incorrigible pest
Did United really play well without Ronaldo last season? And also in the season before? Anyone has the stats?

DevilRed

Needs to be benched until he proves his fitness.

At this point, we need to get another forward (or two) in the club, because its probably best for everyone if he leaves.

Tyrion

Ronaldo reaction cams all season long huh...
It is annoying how the media will say he creates drama when they happily feed on it and encourage it everytime. Even if he doesn't get on, they'll talk about him for 5 minutes after the game.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
So he was the cause of us playing like shit last season...

Tyrion

We did go from 2nd without him to 6th with him. Anyone who thinks he made us better has not been paying attention.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
We did go from 2nd without him to 6th with him. Anyone who thinks he made us better has not been paying attention.
Partly true but he scored a handful of goals that secured multiple points, otherwise that 6th is much further down the table. He was the only player looking likely to score, especially in the first half of the season.

avgp_1

I said this earlier, without Ronaldo we would have finished outside the top ten last season

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Might as well blame going from 2nd to 6th on any of the new signings we made last season then. Who knows whether results would have been better without him. For now it looks like we are just as shite but without goal threat.

Tyrion

Partly true but he scored a handful of goals that secured multiple points, otherwise that 6th is much further down the table. He was the only player looking likely to score, especially in the first half of the season.
I don't think it's a coincidence that the team started to play much worse as soon as he arrived. The sooner he leaves, the better.

MrEleson

I don't think it's a coincidence that the team started to play much worse as soon as he arrived. The sooner he leaves, the better.
Can't believe after watching the 1st half that people are still running with this narrative. Football's not for you if you think this group of players can carry Utd to success. They're just not good enough with or without Ronaldo.

Tyrion

Why aren't you blaming Sancho & Varane?
Ronaldo played more games, has more influence and gets more attention.

Might as well blame going from 2nd to 6th on any of the new signings we made last season then. Who knows whether results would have been better without him. For now it looks like we are just as shite but without goal threat.
New manager. We can't play with Ronaldo long term. There's a reason no other club wants him.

It's not just him, the entire squad was disjointed. But carry on scapegoating.
Disjointed as soon as he arrived.

Tyrion

Can't believe after watching the 1st half that people are still running with this narrative. Football's not for you if you think this group of players can carry Utd to success. They're just not good enough with or without Ronaldo.
A lot of them are definitely rubbish but the same clowns who got them, got Ronaldo.

Irwin99

Yeah.We weren’t exactly pressing well as a unit without him in the team last year and we sure as hell aren’t today either. It’s not his fault we have no midfield or a shaky defence.

I’m not saying he’s the solution, or that he’s not a jerk, but come on, Ronaldo or our front three at the moment? It should be an easy answer

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Ronaldo played more games, has more influence and gets more attention.

New manager. We can't play with Ronaldo long term. There's a reason no other club wants him.

Disjointed as soon as he arrived.
So now it's the new manager factor that is to blame otherwise we would have been flying because ronaldo isn't playing. Nah don't buy that. Yes there is a reason no other club wants him and that's because he isn't as good anymore as he used to be and because of his age, so he does not warrant the high cost.

It's not because playing him automatically makes your team shit though which is what you are arguing.

NewYorkRed

We pressed so much this half. And we’re winning 80-0. No Ronnie no problems.

idiots

Tyrion

So now it's the new manager factor that is to blame otherwise we would have been flying because ronaldo isn't playing. Nah don't buy that. Yes there is a reason no other club wants him and that's because he isn't as good anymore as he used to be and because of his age, so he does not warrant the high cost.

It's not because playing him automatically makes your team shit though which is what you are arguing.
He makes the team worse and no club wants the drama because he isn't as good as his fanboys seem to think. I dont think we'd be flying without Ronaldo because a lot of the other players are crap too but he's one of the terrible signings.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
He makes the team worse and no club wants the drama because he isn't as good as his fanboys seem to think. I dont think we'd be flying without Ronaldo because a lot of the other players are crap too but he's one of the terrible signings.
Nah he does not make the team worse. Yes the drama and cost is not worth it anymore to most clubs because of one factor and one factor only: age. "he isn't as good as his fanboys think"... sounds like you didn't like him and don't rate him/took issue with him even during his peak years I might guess?

If so it explains alot of your posts. Now that he is old finally you can pounce.

MrEleson

That’s not the reason clubs won’t sign him. If he was 27 rather than 37 and had the exact same season he did last year, he would’ve been snapped up in a heartbeat. No question about it.

Pickle85

We've been much better since he's come on but yeah keep up with the agenda posting.

Pickle85

Comes on and been our best player and we’ve created more chances
Crazy isn't it? He's obviously not the player he once was but the idea that he makes this team worse is insane. Obviously not loved the way he's looked for a route out but we've always known he's a bit of a self obsessed dickhead. That doesn't change that he's still a definite bonus if we have him fit and firing.

DutchCruijff

It's so obvious why he wants to leave.

The club isn't serious when Fred, McTominay and Rashford are still starting and there is no replacement for Dalot or Fernandes.

Status
Not open for further replies.