Cristiano Ronaldo (I stay)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
I never had an issue with him when he was at his best. He was worth any drama then.

His age is only an issue because it effects his performance. He's slower, has less stamina and basically stays in the one position.

Not a chance. His age is an issue because it effects his performance. He focuses on scoring goals and nothing else.
this is what football is all about and what we need to do. He put one on a plate for rashford today and our best chances came with him on the field.

whether you like him or not, whether he’s 27 or 37, that’s just The truth of what went on.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
i mean, if you’re rooting for us to lose another position we cant adequately replace (in addition to the two strikers we already haven’t or won’t) solely so you can feel a little more fuzzy about the institution of Manchester United, then you don’t have much footing to talk about actively causing problems…

I don’t care if we treat him like a leper and only bring him on as an impact sub, but the priority has to be a squad with at least some good players in it, surely?
I'm with you, man. I dislike(d) some of our players for years (because of how they actually perform on field). But recognize that the team need them just because the recruitment incompetence.

Maybe because some follow United with deeper meaning, but others (like me) just want to see United play good. So I kinda see that conflicting POV.

AndySmith1990

Suppose we better get used to this eh
A season of crap results and arguing about whether we're better or worse with a 38 year old want away forward in the team. fecking sad state of affairs

Tyrion

His age is an issue because he doesn’t have long left at the top. He’s still good enough to be a top aide.
Then why is there not a single top side willing to take him for a year or two?

this is what football is all about and what we need to do. He put one on a plate for rashford today and our best chances came with him on the field.

whether you like him or not, whether he’s 27 or 37, that’s just The truth of what went on.
City won the league without a striker because all of their players were contributing. He doesn't. Ronaldo is the professional equivalent of the kid at school who stands next to the opposition goalkeeper all day waiting for a chance. We're almost a man down without the ball when he's playing.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!

City won the league without a striker because all of their players were contributing. He doesn't. Ronaldo is the professional equivalent of the kid at school who stands next to the opposition goalkeeper all day waiting for a chance. We're almost a man down without the ball when he's playing.
He was the only player who even tried getting in behind to create a chance.

city have also just gone and bought a quality striker

Real Name

Modern game is not about just scoring goals and not contributing to overall play. I'm not saying he's like that entirely but he's not in position to do it the whole game. And that's not counting the whole wanting to get out situation.

Tyrion

He was the only player who even tried getting in behind to create a chance.

city have also just gone and bought a quality striker
After wining the league without one. They didn't need one. What top team has a player who solely focuses on scoring and nothing else? Doesn't drop back, doesn't press, doesn't defend.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Modern game is not about just scoring goals and not contributing to overall play. I'm not saying he's like that entirely but he's not in position to do it the whole game. And that's not counting the whole wanting to get out situation.
I can’t understand the moaning about him and I should just ignore it. We haven’t got a striker in the squad! And people still want rid of him.
Yeah it’s a mess but we will be even more fecked without him imo.

Real Name

I can’t understand the moaning about him and I should just ignore it. We haven’t got a striker in the squad! And people still want rid of him.
Yeah it’s a mess but we will be even more fecked without him imo.
Yeah, if it's just about the numbers we should keep him. But with all the mess he brings he should really leave. Problem is as time goes on it looks more likely he'll stay.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
Only player worth a damn in United today and people will still blame the dross football United plays on him. :lol:

Tiber

Not exactly hard to imagine why he thinks a club which is haggling over Arnautović doesn't match his ambitions.

Pickle85

If the limit of your ambition is to ride our luck through games with no real plan other than hope for some good saves from De Gea and grab a goal through a moments of individual genius then yeah, we're better without him than not.

But if you want a team set up to press, or even to counter attack, then it makes sense that having an undroppable centre forward in his late 30s is going to be an obstacle to transforming the way we play.
But that's not the question, is it? The question is whether he makes the current squad and first eleven worse, which he quite obviously doesn't. It's a different conversation when we have a better CF than him but until then, with respect, the above is utterly irrelevant.

MrEleson

Because none of the top sides particularly need him at the conditions he would come with (high salary and must be guaranteed starter).

Real Madrid have a BDOR form Benzema; PSG have Messi, Mbappe & Neymar; Bayern signed Mane to be their version of a #9 and Naigelsmann’s system doesn’t accommodate an out-and-out striker.

The club that needed a striker that he could’ve gone to last season (City), just signed one.

That just leaves Chelsea who’s owner have shown interest but I doubt United would ever let him go to unless there is some last minute drama on deadline day.

Tyrion

Because none of the top sides particularly need him at the conditions he would come with (high salary and must be guaranteed starter).

Real Madrid have a BDOR form Benzema; PSG have Messi, Mbappe & Neymar; Bayern signed Mane to be their version of a #9 and Naigelsmann’s system doesn’t accommodate an out-and-out striker.

The club that needed a striker that he could’ve gone to last season (City), just signed one.

That just leaves Chelsea who’s owner have shown interest but I doubt United would ever let him go to unless there is some last minute drama on deadline day.
Chelsea haven't shown much interest. It was rumoured for a couple of days but that seems to have died down. If he was doing as well as some here think, he'd have plenty of offers.

Rajma

As I said earlier fans have no self respect and view him bigger than the club.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
It's actually laughable that people want him out when he's our best player. He shits all over the likes of Rashford, Sancho, Arnautovich

All the talk about him holding us back...wow what a reality check

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Only player worth a damn in United today and people will still blame the dross football United plays on him. :lol:
It's actually hilarious they think Ronaldo is holding back this amazing Rashford-Martial-Sancho front line...when all of them have been donkeys for years

The whole team is full of donkeys and they say Ronaldo is holding it back. Amazing

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Well there’s levels between booing and standing ovation for someone who has disrespected the club again?
Standing ovation for one of the few players who actually performs for the club

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Well there’s levels between booing and standing ovation for someone who has disrespected the club again?
If we were 4-0 up, maybe. In that situation you give whatever you’ve got to whoever is coming on to boost the morale and atmosphere…. Honestly, the fecking priorities on some of you to call other people bad fans. You can’t say people are obsessed with Ronaldo if you’re genuinely angling for our match day crowd to not support their own players at a low eb because of him.

A decade ago it would’ve been a point of pride that our fans supported our players.

Last edited:

Eddy_JukeZ

It just doesn't make sense to keep him.

His legs aren't going to get magically better. He can't run anymore.

Rajma

If we were 4-0 up, maybe. In that situation you give whatever you’ve got to whoever is coming on to boost the morale and atmosphere…. Honestly, the fecking priorities on some of you to call other people bad fans.

A decade ago it would’ve been a point of pride that our fans supported our players.
It’s just symptomatic of the past decade. In order to build a heathy club you need to show players that they’re not bigger than this club instead we constantly provide them the wrong signals.

the_cliff

Ronaldo was offside mate...

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Chelsea haven't shown much interest. It was rumoured for a couple of days but that seems to have died down. If he was doing as well as some here think, he'd have plenty of offers.
Tuchel rejected him. Revisit in 2 weeks time

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
It was night and day how much better we looked with him on the pitch.

That is more worrying for us as a club than anything.

Peak age rashford Sancho look slower than him

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
Why does nobody wants him?
He has a massive wage, is the second oldest outfield player in the premier league, while he scores goals you have to adapt your game around him because you basically play with 10 men when you don’t have the ball. Most top manager won’t want to play a system that suits Ronaldo.

For me yesterday we saw all the problems we are in, the whole pregame was dominated by Ronaldo being on the bench, and we were a more threatening team with him on the pitch.

at the moment seems like Ronaldo has no we’re to go and we have no other strikers

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Surely after yesterday he’ll be willing to move to a Europa League club on 25% of his wages.

Gottabekiddingme

Bruno doing Karate passes again.
McTominay can't control a ball.
Rashford runs with his head down.
Maguire running form is limping.
Dalot has no idea where he is.

You can see it on his face. Ronaldo gave up on football. We did it. We killed to GOAT.

Status
Not open for further replies.