Cristiano Ronaldo (I stay)

Status
Not open for further replies.

UnitedRepublic

If he doesn’t find a club or If we can’t get rid of him. Let him sit next to Sir Alex Ferguson for the whole season.

If there ever was a time to send a message about our club the time is now.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
They have worked together for 3 years and have good relations, what do you expect him to say? Some people are kinder than others when it comes to making a critical analysis of their former teammates, look at Keane and Rio..

Here is a more honest view that most now has acknowledged:

"Juventus legend Gianluigi Buffon has said Cristiano Ronaldo's arrival at the club in 2018 ultimately led to them losing their "DNA of being a team."

www.espn.com/soccer/juventus-itajuventus/story/4555985/gianluigi-buffon-on-cristiano-ronaldo-juventus-lost-team-dna-after-players-arrival#:~:text=Juventus%20legend%20Gianluigi%20Buffon%20has,DNA%20of%20being%20a%20team.%22

OR

"Ronaldo has never been a leader where he has played and he never will be,"

"He is like a company and his turnover is more important to him than the success of the team.

"Cristiano doesn't drag his team-mates along with him, he always wants them to give him the ball to score goals.

www.gazzetta.it/Calcio/Serie-A/Juventus/13-04-2021/intervista-mauro-cristiano-solista-non-leader-pensa-prima-a-410106380672_preview.shtml?reason=unauthenticated&origin=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.gazzetta.it%2FCalcio%2FSerie-A%2FJuventus%2F13-04-2021%2Fintervista-mauro-cristiano-solista-non-leader-pensa-prima-a-410106380672.shtml

Basically, the things that are repeated multiple times even in this thread everyday..

For a detailed analysis, you can refer to this article if interested..
www.insider.com/cristiano-ronaldo-made-juventus-worse-since-move-from-real-madrid-2021-5
At least Ronaldo is consistent. He has the same effect at Juve as he did at United. :( :nervous:

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
They have worked together for 3 years and have good relations, what do you expect him to say? Some people are kinder than others when it comes to making a critical analysis of their former teammates, look at Keane and Rio..

Here is a more honest view that most now has acknowledged:

"Juventus legend Gianluigi Buffon has said Cristiano Ronaldo's arrival at the club in 2018 ultimately led to them losing their "DNA of being a team."

www.espn.com/soccer/juventus-itajuventus/story/4555985/gianluigi-buffon-on-cristiano-ronaldo-juventus-lost-team-dna-after-players-arrival#:~:text=Juventus%20legend%20Gianluigi%20Buffon%20has,DNA%20of%20being%20a%20team.%22

OR

"Ronaldo has never been a leader where he has played and he never will be,"

"He is like a company and his turnover is more important to him than the success of the team.

"Cristiano doesn't drag his team-mates along with him, he always wants them to give him the ball to score goals.

www.gazzetta.it/Calcio/Serie-A/Juventus/13-04-2021/intervista-mauro-cristiano-solista-non-leader-pensa-prima-a-410106380672_preview.shtml?reason=unauthenticated&origin=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.gazzetta.it%2FCalcio%2FSerie-A%2FJuventus%2F13-04-2021%2Fintervista-mauro-cristiano-solista-non-leader-pensa-prima-a-410106380672.shtml

Basically, the things that are repeated multiple times even in this thread everyday..

For a detailed analysis, you can refer to this article if interested..
www.insider.com/cristiano-ronaldo-made-juventus-worse-since-move-from-real-madrid-2021-5
Chiellini also said this;

The 36-year old has gone on to score six goals in eight games for United, including the winner in Wednesday night's Champions League thriller with Atalanta.

But Chiellini believes Ronaldo could have sorted his future earlier in the summer.

“I had already figured out he could leave this summer, because we reached a stage of the working relationship where Cristiano needed new motivation and a team that would play for him," the defender said.

"When he finds a team like that, he can always be decisive, as he was at Juve too.

"Juventus are beginning a process of renewal and trying to bring the average age down, so clearly he would’ve been an added bonus if he’d stayed, but it’s fair he wanted a team more focused on the present than the future.”

Chiellini's comments echo frequent criticism that's paralleled Ronaldo's United return, with several pundits questioning his overall benefit to Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's team.

“Ronaldo left on August 28 and it certainly would’ve been better if he had gone earlier so we could prepare. Unfortunately, we paid a price for that,” Chiellini added.

“It does create a shock to the system and we lost points in the opening games because of that. If he’d left on August 1, then we would’ve had time to reorganise and be ready for the start of the season.”

https://www.otbsports.com/sport/chi...ires-a-team-to-be-focused-only-on-him-1267778

So I wouldn't say Chiellini was full of praise either, he was just professional.

Also I think this part;
I expected a difficult season after his exit, but we are almost the same team as last season, with Locatelli and Kean and without Cristiano."

Is a bit of a backhanded compliment.

genardk

Supports
Juventus
Yes I'm aware of those opinions. Basically the team had to change their style to suit him. If you mean 'disruptor' like in tactics then fair enough, but in that context it sounded like you are implying that he disrupts dressing room harmony and causes problems between people, I don't think thats true. What is true is that you guys should also be blaming your CEO and DoF for building such a lopsided team that is totally dependent on one player. That's why it's a shadow of the team under Allegri from 2011-2015.
I have not heard that he was a bad person creating problems between people (I heard of more rumors like that after he came to United, like the Portuguese vs English camp, not sure how much true this is) but if you ask any Juve fan, they will tell you that he is an egomaniac and crazy about his own status/stats in the game (these traits partly explain his huge appetite even at this age for personal glory, ready to burn bridges even with United fans, so kind of a double edged sword, so there will always be teammates etc disliking him).

It's like the principal-agent problem I feel, Ronaldo's own individual interests seem to be less frequently aligned with team interests versus many other players.

Last edited:

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
I can still see him in Bayern, as I highly doubt Harry Kane will leave Spurs for them with Conte as head coach.

Thom Merrilin

Does anyone still believe "personal reasons" are the only reason he's not back yet?
If he's dealing with difficult personal stuff, fine, nobody can blame him. However, the continuing rumors of him wanting to leave added to the fact that (as far as I know) there has been no statement from Ronaldo indicating that he will be back makes me believe the "personal reasons" are an excuse not the reason.

If we were in the champions league this coming season do we think he'd still have been absent for all of preseason?

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Imagine thinking Ronaldo's overall performance last year was better than Son :lol:
Imagine how different Son's experience in the transfer market would be if he was available vs Ronaldo the rejection machine..
Erm… if you didn’t know already they actually play in different position. Son not winning player of season or getting into PL best 11, has more to do with KDB/Salah (player of season) and Mane (LWF in best 11), rather than Ronaldo (CF in best 11).

Seij

If he doesn’t find a club or If we can’t get rid of him. Let him sit next to Sir Alex Ferguson for the whole season.

If there ever was a time to send a message about our club the time is now.
Tell him that and he'll be on the next flight to Dubai. Family reasons.

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
Erm… if you didn’t know already they actually play in different position. Son not winning player of season or getting into PL best 11, has more to do with KDB/Salah (player of season) and Mane (LWF in
Realistically Mane should have been the CF (because that's where he showed his best form for Liverpool from January forwards as Diaz was their starting LWF) with Son as LWF and Salah as RWF.

There is no way that Mane was worthy a spot in that 11 based on his performances from August - December (when he actually played at LWF), a lot of Liverpool fans were even questioning his automatic selection in the starting 11.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.em...-rested-after-leicester-city-performance/amp/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.go...ct-to-mane-s-goal-drought/bltb18b879fee952fd1

https://www.google.com/amp/s/theathletic.com/3033070/2021/12/29/manes-miss-sums-up-liverpools-careless-performance-in-defeat-at-leicester/?amp=1

from The Athletic article published on 29/12/21

"
The malaise was collective but there is no escaping the fact that Mane’s lack of contribution in the final third is hurting Klopp’s side. The Senegal international is enduring the worst barren run of his Liverpool career.

You have to go back to the victory over Arsenal at Anfield on November 20 — when he nodded home Trent Alexander-Arnold’s free kick — for the last time he found the net. He has fired blanks in his past nine appearances in all competitions. His goal drought now spans 808 minutes of football for Liverpool — that’s 13 and a half hours of football. "

Last edited:

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Realistically Mane should have been the CF (because that's where he showed his best form for Liverpool from January forwards as Diaz was their starting LWF) with Son as LWF and Salah as RWF.

There is no way that Mane was worthy a spot in that 11 based on his performances from August - December (when he actually played at LWF), a lot of Liverpool fans were even questioning his automatic selection in the starting 11.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.em...-rested-after-leicester-city-performance/amp/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.go...ct-to-mane-s-goal-drought/bltb18b879fee952fd1

https://www.google.com/amp/s/theathletic.com/3033070/2021/12/29/manes-miss-sums-up-liverpools-careless-performance-in-defeat-at-leicester/?amp=1

from The Athletic article published on 29/12/21

"
The malaise was collective but there is no escaping the fact that Mane’s lack of contribution in the final third is hurting Klopp’s side. The Senegal international is enduring the worst barren run of his Liverpool career.

You have to go back to the victory over Arsenal at Anfield on November 20 — when he nodded home Trent Alexander-Arnold’s free kick — for the last time he found the net. He has fired blanks in his past nine appearances in all competitions. His goal drought now spans 808 minutes of football for Liverpool — that’s 13 and a half hours of football. "
I am not saying you are wrong. I personally also think Son should get into best 11 rather than Mane. I think the question being should Mane qualify under CF category and start ahead of Ronaldo in best 11 as CF instead, in order to accommodate for Son on the left.

I don’t know what’s the criteria of official jury panel on this, but I guess they didn’t see Mane has played enough games as CF to be considered as best 11 candidate there (He has only played 10 games as CF vs 26 games as LWF last season). I mean, it isn’t that hard to see why.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Bayern is perfect for him. He can pad his stays week in week out while they trample on the rest of the league. They tend to go deep in the CL so he has his chance at glory in one off games.

Thing is are Bayern willing to pay a fortune just for the chance that he delivers in those knockout games as they'll win their either way. And in those big games they'd probably struggle against the sheer energy of the likes of City and Liverpool with a CF who doesn't move much.

Waynne

It's quite literally a no-new-news story that could easily have been written three weeks ago. Quite how they have had the gall to add "BREAKING" at the front of the tweet is taking the piss, even by the Mail's standards. There is zero news whatsoever in the article until you get to the quotes from Rashford on the pre-season, which is an odd thing to tag onto the end of a Ronaldo story. Click bait in the extreme.
How much do sports journalists get paid? If its anything more than what I'm earning then my guidance councilor is a fecking idiot and I'm clearly in the wrong profession.

Get back or get out, no room for sentiment on one side
Let him play CB next to Maguire. I'm sure he'll be on the next flight out of Manchester.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Bayern is perfect for him. He can pad his stays week in week out while they trample on the rest of the league. They tend to go deep in the CL so he has his chance at glory in one off games.

Thing is are Bayern willing to pay a fortune just for the chance that he delivers in those knockout games as they'll win their either way. And in those big games they'd probably struggle against the sheer energy of the likes of City and Liverpool with a CF who doesn't move much.
I personally think should he leave he should only go to Bayern, as it makes perfect sense to everyone. However it’s up to Bayern to decide whether they would want an expensive short term stop gap solution to their striker issue. If they decide against it, I reckon Ronaldo should rather stay with us for another year instead of going to club like Atletico. It’s not like he has any chance to win the league or CL with Atletico anyway. Plus we are really running short of a striker too.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
I think Ronaldo, like FDJ will end up being embarrassed over this.

Yes our club is in the low point and has been for a few years but we are still a juggernaut of a club, and we wait for no-one.

He will come back with his tail between his legs, ready to work and give his all (PR) and play a bit, score some goals, then the "injuries" will come and then he will leave in January.

De Jong the same, will regret not leaving Barca when he got the chance.

SteveTheRed

It really is mental that clubs are rejecting him and holding him accountable for how rubbish we were last year season. 3rd top scorer.

MrEleson

Imagine thinking Ronaldo's overall performance last year was better than Son :lol:
Imagine how different Son's experience in the transfer market would be if he was available vs Ronaldo the rejection machine..
Son and Ronaldo don’t compete for the same position but nice try.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
It really is mental that clubs are rejecting him and holding him accountable for how rubbish we were last year season. 3rd top scorer.
Just 3 more than Vardy in far more minutes. He's really not that good any more.

phelans shorts

I personally think should he leave he should only go to Bayern, as it makes perfect sense to everyone. However it’s up to Bayern to decide whether they would want an expensive short term stop gap solution to their striker issue. If they decide against it, I reckon Ronaldo should rather stay with us for another year instead of going to club like Atletico. It’s not like he has any chance to win the league or CL with Atletico anyway. Plus we are really running short of a striker too.
It doesn’t make any sense for Bayern, who are a pretty major part of your equation here.

redcucumber

If he dropped his wage demands to say £100k-150k a week, he'd surely have a number of clubs firmly interested. I'm finding his handling of this really odd.

SteveTheRed

It doesn’t make any sense for Bayern, who are a pretty major part of your equation here.
It could make sense for Bayern , its basically a 30-40m purchase. If they cannot get their long term replacement like Harry Kane, who maybe wants to see what Spurs do this season with Conte and the new signings. Ronaldo in for a year to fill the gap.

Or if they signing a young promising player , they get him Ronaldo to fill the role as a Starter for the year.

Ronaldo guarantees goals, Elite Champions League performances.

phelans shorts

It could make sense for Bayern , its basically a 30-40m purchase. If they cannot get their long term replacement like Harry Kane, who maybe wants to see what Spurs do this season with Conte and the new signings. Ronaldo in for a year to fill the gap.

Or if they signing a young promising player , they get him Ronaldo to fill the role as a Starter for the year.

Ronaldo guarantees goals, Elite Champions League performances.
Or Bayern are strong enough to take a punt on a young promising player and just playing him rather than paying an exorbitant sum for a statue who won’t do any of the more creative side of the game Lewandowski became much better at in recent years.

The signing doesn’t make any sense at all, as Bayern have said on numerous occasions.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
He couldn’t have expected to be kept waiting this long when citing personal reasons for not turning up to preseason. It’s getting embarrassing for both parties now.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Of course, that’s exactly what I am saying isn’t it, but I wouldn’t bet against it yet. The deal looks dead for now, but who knows, they may still change their mind in last moment and want to have a proven striker as stop gap solution, while Ronaldo maybe willing to further take more pay cut to realize the move. Nothing is absolute in football.

mshnsh

Of course, that’s exactly what I am saying isn’t it, but I wouldn’t bet against it yet. The deal looks dead for now, but who knows, they may still change their mind in last moment and want to have a proven striker as stop gap solution, while Ronaldo maybe willing to further take more pay cut to realize the move. Nothing is absolute in football.
:lol:

MrEleson

I don’t see why it’s so outlandish as Bayern could yet still rethink if they see it isn’t working in their pre-seasons games without a number 9.

And this is the transfer window, things are constantly changing. Anyone who can’t see that hasn’t been paying attention.

At the end of the day, I don’t think the transfer will happen but it would be naive to completely rule it out. Nobody was expecting him to leave Juve last season after completing their entire pre-season but things changed drastically in the last days of the window.

TheRedDevil2019

United really ought to be pushing him to return to training, 2-3 weeks has been more than fair to deal with his "personal issue". If he refuses fine, no pay for breach of contract and no football!

It seems no body wants him. I reckon Atleti will backtrack as their own fans have started a petition online.

Rumours are CR's own circle are telling him to consider returning to us. Accept defeat gracefully, knuckle down, and we can all move on. Drag it out and when Brighton come to town, CR will get the loudest boo heard in years for one of our own.

Status
Not open for further replies.