Cristiano Ronaldo: Set to leave by mutual agreement

Is Ronaldo justified to say that he “feels betrayed” by Manchester United?

• Ronaldo should be not be allowed to play for United again

Votes: 1,536 81.7%
  • He's always been a massive bellend

Votes: 884 47.0%
  • Messi has always been the better player

Votes: 574 30.5%
  • He should be begged to come back with double the salary and ten Haag should bow to his greatness

Votes: 126 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueHaze

Anyone able to hazard a logical guess as to when this interview took place given the comments and time line?
I think months ago. Because even in early september we heard all about this "supposed revealing interview.

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
So that’s that then. He’s gone to Qatar now and won’t be back at the club. It’s sad the bad taste he’s left behind given what he achieved with United in the past but now we move on.

Rolaholic

On a silver note, this season's circus has finally made it very easy for United fans to join the chorus with everyone else in the footballing world in acknowledging that Messi is by far the greatest of this modern era and has always been better

RedOrange

Utd and Ronaldo will hopefully agree to let him leave for a free transfer.
Right, they'd probably have let him go on a free in August if anyone wanted him. I bet they got all kinds of offers where Ronaldo would have moved to another club with United paying all his wages. I doubt anyone was willing to risk committing any significant money at all to having Ronaldo play for them though.

At this point I don't really care. If he won't drop his wages to move I'd rather he just sit at home and rot. Good luck next season after 8 months of no competitive football, Ronnie!

Rolaholic

Would be nice for Ronaldo to end up in MLS to say exactly what he said to Rooneys face but I'm not sure he's legally allowed in America

redsunited

Most likely, Ronaldo wont get a min in United shirt again.
Rooney was my favourite player while Ronaldo was in the team for the same reason. The self serving Ronaldo never grows up.
The same way he ran out of United in 2009 saying something like he is a prisoner he want to he free etc... Ronaldo is the best player in United shirt during his time but someone who is a shithead interms of respect for the club.
Players like Garnacho could end up picking the wrong advice from Ronaldo. Not selling Ronaldo to Chelsea in summer was the biggest mistake.

Last edited:

KD6-3.7

Good riddance, just because no team wanted to buy him in the summer, can't wait to see the back of him. He's been nothing but a hindrance whenever he's played this season

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
Maybe, I'm not sure even with his huge following that he will control the narrative after this. His attacks on the manager and Rooney obscured any worth in it. I think the coverage will fare poorly for Ronaldo.
True. I still feel it's good that this is coming out though, up until now it has just been talked about between us United fans, this time tomorrow everybody will be commenting on it, not only in the UK but in US too now and not only by football fans. That will annoy the Glazers I'm sure.

Tap

I hope he scores and does decently at the WC so that there’s interest in Jan window and he can leave.

He’s definitely an example of lasting long enough to become the villain.

diarm

Spot on.

The single most annoying aspect of this, is how much money the circus will make for Piers fecking Morgan.

Benefits may include:
  • Not having to watch Ronaldo play up top for us anymore.
  • Actually signing a striker in January.
  • More pressure on the Glazers mismanagement of the club.

TsuWave

Well, for me, it’s like this: Pogba was crap on the pitch and a shit stirrer off it. Ronaldo this season has been crap on the pitch and is a complete sideshow off it.
I don't even get what you're trying to say here, so I'm just going to say fair enough

LordSpud

Unless he goes in hard on the Glazers he can feck off. The whole interview is 90 minutes so God only know what those 2 clows are going to end up discussing.

Nicolarra90

So eth said the truth. He's really ill. He must be really ill to give an interview like that.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Oh well. It’s an absolute shitstorm, but at least it’s certain he won’t play for us again.

FriedClams

It’s just a shame. Psychologically, you can sort of understand why this was just such a wrong move to make when he did that interview. In his mind, he’s the greatest ever and is factually the most followed individual on social media that ever existed. His ego has well and truly placed him on a pedestal where he’s better than everyone and unfortunately, he’s got a point. He’s been a prodigious talent or a global superstar for most of his life, far removed from any kind of socialization that would make him understand or even remotely appreciate an average persons opinion. The answer to everything for him when it comes to criticism is “they are just jealous because I am too too good” or something along those lines.

history Won’t remember the way he ended things with United, it’ll always be about his outrageous records and accomplishments, but right now, it’s impossible for any real united fan to even contemplate forgiving him for this. If you defend this in any way, you are delusional or related to him.

joso157

Needs his contract terminating with immediate effect for gross misconduct. I'd be kicked out the door head first if I spoke about my employers like that on social media.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
I had a feeling this guy was never going to deal well with the end of his career when he used to think he was the first, second, and third best player in the world, but I didn't think it would be this awful. Way to tarnish your legacy, and who honestly would want this guy at this point, although I felt that way even before the interview. I have to imagine his retirement is coming after the world cup. I struggle to see him at any club where he could extend his CL record.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Surely this will just make him less appealing to clubs now? And we already know there's hardly anybody interested in him anyway.

Saudi, China or America then?

tjb

The fact that he goes all in on ETH but doesn't name the Glazers for the state of the club (unless he does in the full interview) is pretty much showing where is intentions are... Its to save face for him and get himself out of the club in Jan.
He's just talking nonsense. Like you said, if there were things specifically going on that he knew about in the club, he would have said it. If you can talk badly about managers and the club with detail, why not specify exactly the people holding the club back behind the scenes. He really just said that to get fans on his side. It's a tell all, yet can't say that, despite shamelessly talking about other things.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
It's cool how there's still journos calling him a model pro, after he's just ran to globally renowned shit-stirrer, Piers Morgan, and pulled no punches on his thoughts on the manager and the club.

A model pro would either knuckle down or get out. I guess the latter is tough because there wasn't a single European club that wanted him.

Club should've taken the hit and paid him up over the summer.

Korwas

There have been things that I've always hated like in games were he have acted with a crappy attitude to others goals, or not congratulating Benzema on his Ballón D'or. Now after the Tottenham game I have very little love for Ronaldo left and when this interview airs I might just start disliking him and his personality. When I think about Ronaldo in the future I might not think about his incredible work ethic first anymore but instead about the fact the he was a douchebag.

Those scumbags are made for each other
While Morgan maybe only pretends to like Ronaldo that is a 16 year old article if I'm seeing the date right. You can change opinion about someone in that time.

redsunited

I hope he scores and does decently at the WC so that there’s interest in Jan window and he can leave.

He’s definitely an example of lasting long enough to become the villain.
Dont hold your breath. No top team will take him. So no monetary benefiits for United. He will transfer for free anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.