• Start date

Vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Interesting. But really wondering where do they get these data from, its almost impossible they could get the assists stats back in those days, when there isn't any record of it. I can't even find the assists stats of players in the 80's (Maradona, Platini etc), let alone players from 60s and 70s.
German media were quite good at tracking stats once their leagues went professional.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Where would you rank Gerd Muller in terms of strikers? Like all time.
Considering different approaches to the striker's role, you really have 3 standouts — Müller, van Basten and Ronaldo. The ultimate fox in the box finisher in Müller (although, like all great players, he was obviously more than that), the most all-rounded traditional number 9 in van Basten (shooting from both feet, heading, dribbling, link up etc.) and a one-man team Ronaldo whose trademark goals were him picking the ball in midfield and running all the way to the goal, beating a few defenders and a keeper with his unmatched pace and skill.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Yeah, big pinch of salt with the figures because it depends how they are measured. But, according to transfermarkt, Muller has 103 assists in 427 Bundesliga games, while Cristiano has 211 in 789 career games. So fairly similar but Cristiano a bit better.
Thanks Gio. I didn’t know Muller had crazy number of assist, too. Couldn’t deny he’s a tier 1 GOAT.

Blackwidow

Yeah, big pinch of salt with the figures because it depends how they are measured. But, according to transfermarkt, Muller has 103 assists in 427 Bundesliga games, while Cristiano has 211 in 789 career games. So fairly similar but Cristiano a bit better.
I do not know how good they really could track the assists of the old Bundesliga matches as I do not know if they really have video footage for all of the old matches.

Official assists countings in the Bundesliga started around the 90s. That I know as lately Thomas Müller overtook Ribery as the player with the most assists since they are counted.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Forgetting the direct comparison between the 2, the best credit to Muller is that he would play as well on the Puskas decade as this one.

From this game https://footballia.net/pt/jogos-completos/bayern-munchen-valencia-cf-cup-winners-cup

The pitch was shit, the game was tight. 1:0. Goal scored by him with 2 or 3 minutes.

The other 2: https://footballia.net/pt/jogos-completos/france-germany-friendly 1:1 semi assist

and https://footballia.net/pt/jogos-completos/scotland-germany-world-cup-qualification here again 1:1 goal scored

And beside that he worked like a horse. If he played today for Bayern I think they could have won 1 or 2 more Champions League. Top player.

Just imagine this beast playing for Guardiola or Heynckes with top Robben or Ribery. :lol:

And I am done with Ronaldo vs Muller for the next weeks or months.

Last edited: