Daishawn Redan Signing Close?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
I think he's already signed with United.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
TBH I think it's bullshit clubs poaching top academy products from other "big" clubs. If Ajax was a local team without the resources to develop a player properly, there'd be an argument for it - but I find this trend pretty sad.

Sammyjunn

In Smalling's pocket (as every other person)
TBH I think it's bullshit clubs poaching top academy products from other "big" clubs. If Ajax was a local team without the resources to develop a player properly, there'd be an argument for it - but I find this trend pretty sad.
It's sad, Ajax can never start bridging the gap to other teams in Europe. First English clubs have more money which is far, but now English clubs mainly start poaching the best young players with money as well, which means they lose out on a lot of talent which we cant buy in later stages as they are too expensive then and all others are probably in English academy's already.

legolegs

duploarms
Supports
Ajax
It's sad, Ajax can never start bridging the gap to other teams in Europe. First English clubs have more money which is far, but now English clubs mainly start poaching the best young players with money as well, which means they lose out on a lot of talent which we cant buy in later stages as they are too expensive then and all others are probably in English academy's already.
To be fair I don't think we actually lost any of our most important talents before they made their debut yet..

Not that it's nice losing talented youngsters. But we bring them in as well..

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Redan to VI, “Manchester United is a very nice and good club of course and I must admit that I am interested in an adventure like that."

khoazany

Ajax did poach players from smaller academies as well. It's a part of the game these days.

moany

Daishawn Redan signing Close . The title sounds like a Chinese football team signing some unknown player.

legolegs

duploarms
Supports
Ajax
Ehm Fosu Mensah, Malen, Castillo, now Redan were all amongs the highliest rated in their groups.
All highly rated and very talented but none of them were of the very top talent tier which is what I'm talking about.

Sammyjunn

Ajax did poach players from smaller academies as well. It's a part of the game these days.
I think it's a bit different, from a small academy to Ajax, it increases the chance of a player getting to the top, better facilities, better trainers, more competition etc, it's clearly a step up for a lad, clubs are often even proud seeing their players go to Ajax, clubs like Zeeburgia have gotten status for that as it attracts much other talents to their club who are hoping for similar. Sorry to say but from Ajax' academy to Chelsea's, United's, Arsenal's isnt really a step up, it's just signing for more money and less chance to actually breakthrough.

legolegs

duploarms
Supports
Ajax
You could argue Malen isnt but the others certainly are unless you mean Mbappe's, Hazards, Messi's bracket.
Well I don't agree with that (btw neither do the other people I know who watch our youth) so I guess we have to agree to disagree.

Sammyjunn

Well I don't agree with that (btw neither do the other people I know who watch our youth) so I guess we have to agree to disagree.
That's fine, but if they arent why do you think many top clubs are so keen on signing them at this age, and in our academy, who do you think are the best rated? Im curious. Redan is I think the most prominent talent currenrly after Unuvar/Zamani.

legolegs

duploarms
Supports
Ajax
That's fine, but if they arent why do you think many top clubs are so keen on signing them at this age, and in our academy, who do you think are the best rated? Im curious. Redan is I think the most prominent talent currenrly after Unuvar/Zamani.
Because they are good talents. Look I don't say they are all scrubs and won't make it. They are good talents, some of them even very good ones. And as talent is not everything some of them could become as good (or even better) players than those who are more talented. I'd love to keep them all for sure. I just say they haven't been THE outstanding talents and I don't think they've been the highest rated talents of our academy either. TFM for example was rated very highly but Riedewald was always rated even higher and he's only one year (and a bit) older than TFM.

The thing is we bring in talents as well and we can bring in good or even very good talents (say Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Eriksen, Dolberg) but there's a tier above that and it's nigh impossible to bring in talents from that tier and that's why we really shouldn't lose our talents who are in or around that tier.

Losing the talents from a tier below hurts but it's far less a problem as we should be able to replace them.

Sammyjunn

Because they are good talents. Look I don't say they are all scrubs and won't make it. They are good talents, some of them even very good ones. And as talent is not everything some of them might even become better players than our best talents. I'd love to keep them all for sure. I just say they haven't been THE outstanding talents and I don't think they've been the highest rated talents of our academy either. TFM for example was very highly rated but Riedewald was always rated even higher and he's only one year (and a bit) older than TFM.

The thing is we bring in talents as well and we can bring in good or even very good talents (say Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Eriksen, Dolberg) but there's a tier above that and it's nigh impossible to bring in talents from that tier and that's why we really shouldn't lose our talents who are in or around that tier.
Fair enough, I rate Riedewald quite highly and think he has lots of potential but needs to get the concentration.But currently in the academy, who do you think are of that tier? Who are the outstanding talents? A Redan who is playing above his age and still the best player in the team, scoring and creating for fun, I wonder if Im missing some players.

Blzbud

Excellent news if true. I'll look forward to seeing him play for us in 2019, when his international clearance comes through:rolleyes:

Member 104911

Zamani hasn't been great this year, Unuvar is incredible though

legolegs

duploarms
Supports
Ajax
Fair enough, I rate Riedewald quite highly and think he has lots of potential but needs to get the concentration.But currently in the academy, who do you think are of that tier? Who are the outstanding talents? A Redan who is playing above his age and still the best player in the team, scoring and creating for fun, I wonder if Im missing some players.
I don't think playing above his age is worth too much. A lot of that is about having a great and more developed physique, not talent. You see we have Gravenberch who is 14 and plays against players who are mostly 16+. Tbf he's a great talent but of the highest order? Sadly these days I don't have time to follow all our youth but I think Unuvar is buitencategorie and I like Sontje Hansen a lot. De Ligt was also one but of course he's not an academy player anymore now and the same is true for Kluivert.

Member 104911

Yeah but he's played one or even two years higher as well right? I think it's better for him to absolute excell in one first and then move higher. But even him and Unuvar are followed by United as well.
He is but I saw him twice with the national team U15 and he didn't impress me even though I really liked him last year.

Saw him three times with the U17s at Ajax and he has good footwork but he doesn't seem to have an end product.

Sammyjunn

I don't think playing above his age is worth too much. A lot of that is about having a great and more developed physique, not talent. You see we have Gravenberch who is 14 and plays against players who are mostly 16+. Tbf he's a great talent but of the highest order? Sadly these days I don't have time to follow all our youth but I think Unuvar is buitencategorie and I like Sontje Hansen a lot. De Ligt was also one but of course he's not an academy player anymore now and the same is true for Kluivert.
Okay lets agree to disagree then! De Ligt en Unuvar are absolutelu of the highest order yes, but the goals I have seen Redan score, his finishing, he even played from the right last season and excelled, excelled in the Dutch u17's as well lately, I think it's more than physique. Imo not less of a talent that Kluivert who's lack of physique ironically can hold him back. If he gains he'll lose his quickness and agility imo which are his weapons, of he stays the same he 'll be found light weight at a given point.

We do have another guy I think in the C1, a striker, karamel-skinned with an afro, he seems the real deal as well.

Member 104911

Okay lets agree to disagree then! De Ligt en Unuvar are absolutelu of the highest order yes, but the goals I have seen Redan score, his finishing, he even played from the right last season and excelled, excelled in the Dutch u17's as well lately, I think it's more than physique. Imo not less of a talent that Kluivert who's lack of physique ironically can hold him back. If he gains he'll lose his quickness and agility imo which are his weapons, of he stays the same he 'll be found light weight at a given point.

We do have another guy I think in the C1, a striker, karamel-skinned with an afro, he seems the real deal as well.
Dillon Hoogewerf is the one you're thinking of. Him and Unuvar were an incredible duo last season.

Sammyjunn

Dillon Hoogewerf is the one you're thinking of. Him and Unuvar were an incredible duo last season.
Yes, he did seem a bit stronger if I can remember than the others but he looked excellent last season in the few videos I saw. Is he highly rated generally too?

Just watched some old video's, he looked the real deal there I have to say, his finishing, two footedness, vision and teamplay and understanding of the game were insane at that age combined with good physique.

Last edited:

Member 104911

Yes, he did seem a bit stronger if I can remember than the others but he looked excellent last season in the few videos I saw. Is he highly rated generally too?

Just watched some old video's, he looked the real deal there I have to say, his finishing, two footedness, vision and teamplay and understanding of the game were insane at that age combined with good physique.
I'm not sure if he's injured now. He looked very good last season as you said.

I'm not sure how highly rated he is but I think he was playing up a year last season so it seems that he's at least decently rated.

khoazany

If we do sign, will be interesting to see how we line-up with both him and Burkart next season.

Sammyjunn

Hasnt played since the announcement he will not sign a contract at Ajax, left out of the Euro u17's as well, whilst being ther best player probably.

Off to Chelsea which worries me, hope the distraction in London isnt too much for him. He is a bit like Depay with regards to showing off, expensive clothes, rap, girls etc which isnt bad or anything, but hope he can keep the focus as London is a very lifely city, especially as a youth too.

Status
Not open for further replies.