Danny Rose

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acole9

Outstanding
Don't want him anywhere near United, hasn't looked anywhere near as good since his injury. When he came on in the Croatia match he looked knackered as soon as the ball was played into him.

beergod

Can't see anyone sensible taking him unless it's a loan deal with a buy option.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Rose is one of those players who had a purple patch of 12-18 months, where he was fantastic, but before and after is distinctively average.

Young was a better option for England, and he’s a better option for Utd. He’s obviously not long term, and at his age will need to be managed. Rose is not an upgrade this season.
Pochettino turned him in to an excellent player (As he did with Walker) but the injury ruined him, it's as simple as that.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
We finially agree :D, yeah he has lost that explosiveness and agility that allowed him to rub the left hand side. I’d still say we would get decent money for him, £20-30M? Davies is actually one of my favourite players, maybe not the athlete Rose was but technically better and works his bollocks off.
Davies is a proper professional and one of the most underappreciated players in the league, I think. He can suffer a bit up against wide players who have top class speed though (same as Trippier) so when we face the likes of Mane or Sane our fullbacks struggle in a way that Rose and Walker didn't. They both offer more quality in the final third though.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Rose might be a better fit than us than Young, solely because we lack other wide options who want to stay wide and cross with natural foot, but Young is the better full back. Only way you show interest here is if you think Shaw has no chance and you think you will want to use Young on the right too.

Revaulx

Why? Rose hardly featured, but that was because of his season and injury. And Young did not look all that good, in fact, if we compare him with Trippier from other side it was evident how much Young is lacking in terms of creativity.
Rose was awful second half v Croatia.

Trippier is miles better than Young, but that’s hardly the point.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Davies is a proper professional and one of the most underappreciated players in the league, I think. He can suffer a bit up against wide players who have top class speed though (same as Trippier) so when we face the likes of Mane or Sane our fullbacks struggle in a way that Rose and Walker didn't. They both offer more quality in the final third though.
Yeah agreed neither like being turned, but Dier or Victor need to be switched on there and help cover, but yeah I’d hate to lose either Trippier or Davies.

Vilev

Rose was awful second half v Croatia.
No worse than Young in actual second half (not overtime). Young was probably the worst player for England during the 90 minutes.

But that all beside the point. Young hardly creates anything is while a useful squad option, it's silly to have him a number one LB. So we left with Shaw/Rose. I understand that Rose is a risk in terms of his fitness, but if we manage to get him for adequate money like 15-20m frame, then i think it's worth it, since he is potentially better than what we have.
Alternatively we can look elsewhere, but i don't know any decent option for than position that would not cost like 40-50m.

Pochettino turned him in to an excellent player (As he did with Walker) but the injury ruined him, it's as simple as that.
I disagree slightly, Poch enabled him to play above himself for a period of time, and now he’s back to the average player he really is. His issues are not just physical.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
I disagree slightly, Poch enabled him to play above himself for a period of time, and now he’s back to the average player he really is. His issues are not just physical.
Nah, it was literally a case of he was playing brilliantly, got injured, and when he came back you could see his issues were related to the injury. He plays the same way but without the same burst of pace, or the same speed of movement, it's all related to his injury. He's constantly getting niggles too which have prevented him reaching any decent fitness. You may be right that he's average, but there's no way you could actually tell unless he got a proper injury free run and his old physicality returned, at the moment he plays within himself.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Mad how just a year ago he was possibly the best left back in the league and we would have gladly taken him for £50m but now he may end up going for half that to a lesser club.

No he wouldnt . Young is currently a better player.
Completely agree, and if Shaw doesn’t oust him this season then we will be in the market for a LB next year. However, there are no scenarios where buying Rose is good for Utd this season or any other season.

Litch

Think injuries have finally caught up with him....

Walters_19_MuFc

His situation is very much like Shaw's in that he isnt quite the same player he was after his injury, and since then, hasnt been able to find himself in the Spurs team.

I was a big fan, and did want him, but now that I think about it, im not sure he'll get back to the kind of form we saw a couple years back.

We need someone who will come in and make a difference.

wythyred

Been very impressed with him tonight.

He has always been good player but never managed to keep consistently fit.

Kostov

Dirty twat, firstly elbowed Kante, then rolls like a bitch when Kante gave him some back. The moron Atkinson gave a yellow only to the Frenchman of course.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
It's very sad.
Some of the comments in response to this story (not from that article, but on social media etc) are disgusting.

Shit like he's on lots of money so shouldn't complain about being called nasty names, that he should retire if he doesn't like it, and that he's playing the race card.

Nothing I hate more than people who think if you're paid a lot you can't be unhappy about anything and that it makes everything ok. So bloody dim.

The critical response to Rose's recent comments are ironically the very reason he wants little to do with the game when he eventually hangs up his boots.

Canagel

Some of the comments in response to this story (not from that article, but on social media etc) are disgusting.

Shit like he's on lots of money so shouldn't complain about being called nasty names, that he should retire if he doesn't like it, and that he's playing the race card.

Nothing I hate more than people who think if you're paid a lot you can't be unhappy about anything and that it makes everything ok. So bloody dim.
Those comments are exactly the problem. I even read stuff if he quitted he let them win like wtf :houllier: why is it the players responsibility? A damning indictment on the authorities and governing bodies of football.

Sambob

Stupid bumping of transfer thread
So looking forward to not being in the game that he was pictured last night literally throwing his shirt away in anger and frustration.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
So looking forward to not being in the game that he was pictured last night literally throwing his shirt away in anger and frustration.
Feck off mate, he's not allowed to enjoy a massive win for his side? He's probably been racially abused more times than getting to the semi's with spurs.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
@Sambob don't bump up threads in transfer forums just to make stupid jokes.

Status
Not open for further replies.