Danny Welbeck U17 World Cup

Justin

Played the whole game against NZ, got himself 2 goals in the first half in a 5-0 win.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
How come Norwood and James are left out of the squad? James even captained the u17s not long ago..

LouisRocca

Not Welbeck related, but U17-WC, "our" boy Fabio in the Brazilian team looks a fantastic prospect, one goal in the demolision of NZ, and after 60 minutes against Korea DPR he has already scored 2, and brazil are 5-1 up! Korea DPR was one of the outsiders for this tournament!
Brazil have one hell of a team! They won 6-1, and have now scored 13 IN TWO GAMES! Fabio looks great, wonder if he can defend too:devil:

PS18

James captained the u16's i think Elliott (and Norwood, Stewart and Ajose have played for them).

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Yeah, I think you're right, mate. Thanks for that.

LouisRocca

Thanks Tony and PS18!

I think Welbeck is a great prospect, but he is, for what I have seen, drifting out of the game to often. But he's still young and learning;), and he looks to have the physical in order, unlike some of our other youngsters, who seems to be quite small.

From your point of view Tony, who would you say is the brightest prospect in our youthsetup at the moment?

LouisRocca

Welbeck are playing for England vs Brazil(with Fabio and Rafael), brazil 1-0 up after 19 min, Fabio NOT the scorer:houllier: Tales, direct from freekick from around 35-40m, very simular from Ronaldinhos goal against Seaman in 2002. Not very good keeper.

England scores pen 49th min Lansbury. I think it was Rafael who handled inside the area.

Welbeck had a great chance in the 73rd min, dificult angle, and good save by the Brazilian keeper.

79th min, Lulinha Brazils starstriker missed a pen.

Welbeck sub in the 83rd min

England scores in the 92nd min, Spence!

England won 2-1!
England won their group.

Average game as far as I saw, both progress from the groupstage. I only caught glimses of the match, didn't see much from Welbeck. Fabio and Rafael both got booked. Rafael is a much more defenceorientated player, Fabio plays all over the pitch, but allways seems to be back in time to defend.

Korea DPR won 1-0.

As far as I can see, the top 3 progress from the group, so Korea DPR also progress.

Round of 16:

England are playing number 3 in group A, C or D, most likely to be: Togo/Korea, Syria/Honduras, France/Haiti

Brazil are playing number 2 from Group F, Colombia, Germany or Ghana.
My guess is that Brazil would have prefered to be top of their group...

Here are a link to the official report from Fifas site. Looks like I have missed the best part of the game, as they says that it was one of the best games of the tournament, didn't look like that from the glimses a saw...

...but they got the same dejavu from the Brazil goal as I did.

Decotron

Welbeck are playing for England vs Brazil(with Fabio and Rafael), brazil 1-0 up after 19 min, Fabio NOT the scorer:houllier: Tales, direct from freekick from around 35-40m, very simular from Ronaldinhos goal against Seaman in 2002. Not very good keeper.

England scores pen 49th min Lansbury. I think it was Rafael who handled inside the area.

Welbeck had a great chance in the 73rd min, dificult angle, and good save by the Brazilian keeper.

79th min, Lulinha Brazils starstriker missed a pen.

Welbeck sub in the 83rd min

England scores in the 92nd min, Spence!

England won 2-1!
England won their group.

Average game as far as I saw, both progress from the groupstage. I only caught glimses of the match, didn't see much from Welbeck. Fabio and Rafael both got booked. Rafael is a much more defenceorientated player, Fabio plays all over the pitch, but allways seems to be back in time to defend.

Korea DPR won 1-0.

As far as I can see, the top 3 progress from the group, so Korea DPR also progress.

Round of 16:

England are playing number 3 in group A, C or D, most likely to be: Togo/Korea, Syria/Honduras, France/Haiti

Brazil are playing number 2 from Group F, Colombia, Germany or Ghana.
My guess is that Brazil would have prefered to be top of their group...

Here are a link to the official report from Fifas site. Looks like I have missed the best part of the game, as they says that it was one of the best games of the tournament, didn't look like that from the glimses a saw...

...but they got the same dejavu from the Brazil goal as I did.
Cheers for that, will scan eurosport for highlights. I think Wellbeck is quality, with him and Moses England have a good chance of winning the competition outright.