Television Dark - Netflix TV series

JuveGER

Supports
Juventus
Was browsing through the TV channels yesterday and stumbled upon a German cop show that had the two actors who portray adult and old Helge Doppler on Dark having a discussion. Was a bit weird. Did not recognize any of the German actors before Dark, but since this show I see them frequently on TV.

[/random bump]

AaronRedDevil

Just finished this last night. How did this not get more attention? Because you needed more then 2 brain cells to watch it? It's brilliant. I was lost a bunch of times trying to keep up on who's where and when. It was confusing as feck. But everyone in the show was very solid. The minute I finally get a handle on something, they throw another twist into it and I'm like what!? This show is fecking great. Kept my attention through the whole thing. Every body in it was very good and the characters were complex ,. Definitely recommend it.
So did they have to die in order to stop the Apocalypse and Mae sure they aren't born? I was a little confused what you he ending means.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
I've only seen the first two seasons, haven't got round to watching the final season. But yea, a great show overall.

Abraxas

I watched this ages ago. Interesting show. Takes itself a bit too seriously and quote convoluted but definitely worth a watch.

Roosney

Just finished this last night. How did this not get more attention? Because you needed more then 2 brain cells to watch it? It's brilliant. I was lost a bunch of times trying to keep up on who's where and when. It was confusing as feck. But everyone in the show was very solid. The minute I finally get a handle on something, they throw another twist into it and I'm like what!? This show is fecking great. Kept my attention through the whole thing. Every body in it was very good and the characters were complex ,. Definitely recommend it.
So did they have to die in order to stop the Apocalypse and Mae sure they aren't born? I was a little confused what you he ending means.
Yeah I guess they have to appear in front of the young couple on the stormy road to save them and thus prevent the "time machine" to be invented which creates the main characters timeline(s). Sorry can't remember the characters' names.

AaronRedDevil

Dark has an IMDB rating of 8.8/10 based on 334k votes. It is probably in the top 5 rated series on Netflix
So it has got a lot of attention.
I guess. Just strange that I've always glossed over this show and didn't think it'd be any good. Squid game etc was all the rave. Took me too long to finally decide to try it out. Glad I did.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
Sic mundus bro. Your mundus's are out of control. Everyone knows that.

buchansleftleg

I just finally watched the last episode after binge watching the 3 seasons over the last couple of weeks. Deeply affecting and unsettling at times, the ending totally resolved the feelings of unease about the plot in a very clever way

The idea that that the nagging feeling that "this isn't really very realistic...you'd just leave town in the real world" is actually addressed by the main plot-line of the two worlds being a "fake" universe that shouldn't have happened was a stroke of genius.

Also I was very affected by the scene with the old Ulrich briefly being reunited with his young Mikkel in the garden before the police arrive to take him back to the asylum....felt like a powerful theme on Dementia...something that was often referred to in the series

For those who haven't finished it or found it too confusing...keep going...it's worth it!

AaronRedDevil

Only thing I struggled so hard was remembering who's who in the past and future. Brilliant intelligent show. Shame about 1899. Was about to watch it until it got cancelled by those dipshits