Darts

ChrisNelson

Saw Wright shake hands with the officials, Price wasn’t ready but assumed they would get around to it.

Dave Clarke just confirmed no handshake.

paulscholes18

All 5 sets gone against the throw but I think this one might be the fatal one for Asp, but Asp has had darts to win 4 of them

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Ok so the BDO have released a letter to the players saying that the promised prize money cannot be honoured and begging them to still turn up and play.

My sources are telling me also that Fallon Sherrock has just pulled out of the event.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Ok so the BDO have released a letter to the players saying that the promised prize money cannot be honoured and begging them to still turn up and play.

My sources are telling me also that Fallon Sherrock has just pulled out of the event.
Jeez.

On Monday, the BDO said prize money would be "reduced somewhat" after only 15% of tickets were sold.

In a letter to players, BDO chairman Des Jacklin said income was down 85% on predictions and commercial advisers Sportotal had failed to secure a sponsor because of perceptions the BDO is "toxic".
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/darts/50955916

It goes on to confirm Fallon has pulled out.
I don't get why the BDO is perceived as toxic though. Given its seemingly constant financial difficulties, I don't get why it doesn't strike some deal with the PDC to be officially recognised, and funded, as the grass roots organisation.

paulscholes18

Didn’t need hindsight to know moving from Lakeside was a stupid idea.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Who are we backing here?

I hope Wright.
Don't like MVG.

And what the feck is the story with the pom pom dancing girls ?
Are we not past this shite ?

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Wow just watched it on delay. Brilliant performance from Wright- held it together amazingly, even if MVG was out of sorts (albeit still averaged over 100).

sallycinnamin

When Wright scraped through early doors and against Humphries and Price his ton plus checkouts just knew it was going to be his time.