Darwin Núñez | Liverpool player | Sometimes maybe good, sometimes maybe shish

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
If you believe in mythology, basically there's this story about how each of us has our own nemesis and they can be the most unexpected. Varane and Licha have done really well so far but there's always a chance Nunez is their nemesis. Just like Vidic vs Torres. Ferdinand vs Kaka. Lukaku vs Blind.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
If you believe in mythology, basically there's this story about how each of us has our own nemesis and they can be the most unexpected. Varane and Licha have done really well so far but there's always a chance Nunez is their nemesis. Just like Vidic vs Torres. Ferdinand vs Kaka. Lukaku vs Blind.
I think we’ve established that Licha’s nemesis is Michail Antonio.

twitter thread suggester
He was terrible in the first half, and his technique is crap, but he is quite effective.

Malkovich

It's not like Liverpool are having a good season. I hope they keep him and Gakpo as starters let's see where it takes them in a course of 38 games.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Arguments still raging about who is the crapper / least in form player to score 2 today.

Trezeguet17

Athletic, strong and on good days kind of effective striker who will rack up solid numbers but he is not world class and will never be.
Simply lacks the technique.
Some kind of Mario Gomez level who he also strongly reminds me of.

They will have to upgrade in the future. Don‘t think they can be one of the top 3 teams in Europe again and constantly play for the PL and CL with him as their main striker up front when Salah is gone

FeedTheGoat

Supports
Man City
Coming from someone that kind of supported him today, he is still shit.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Should have seen red for that kick on Shaw I thought. Surprised it wasn't VAR'd.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
They didn’t want to spoil their big day by doing the correct thing.
To be fair to the cnuts, they're out of the other cups, and Real Madrid pumped them at home, so this is literally their cup final.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
I just saw Darwin's second goal. Uses his pony tail to score just like Andy Carroll used to. The irony. :)

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
14 goals and 4 assists this season in around 1900 mins. Could reasonably get close to 20 goals and 6-7 assists. Not bad for a supposed flop.

Wilt

Got to laugh, all the shit he gets on here ….it had to be against Utd he scores twice, ffs

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
If you told me he'd get 14-16 league goals next season while also suiting ETH's system then I'd take it. Especially as at 22 he has scope to keep improving.
My expectations for Nunez when we were being linked with him.

So being completely fair and applying the same standard to Liverpool (and ignoring how much more they paid for him than I anticipated he would cost when I had those expectations), at his current rate he might just about finish within that goal range if he's ever-present in all their remaining games. But how much would you really argue that he's suited Liverpool's system?

Pele's blue pil

Supports
Arsenal
14 goals and 4 assists this season in around 1900 mins. Could reasonably get close to 20 goals and 6-7 assists. Not bad for a supposed flop.
Yeah I understand why he's easy for somes fans to take the piss out off but he's clearly had a good first season and I can't imagine any CB enjoying playing against him. 1.01 some of the people laughing at him are the same people defending a nothing player like Antony (waits a reply of his goal against Arsenal).

I just saw Darwin's second goal. Uses his pony tail to score just like Andy Carroll used to. The irony. :)
If he reminded them of carrol that explains why the utd fans wanted a red card for that complete nothing incident with Shaw.

Is that dude who sings the Darwin Nunez songs ok? Was expecting a new release after Sunday.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Yeah I understand why he's easy for somes fans to take the piss out off but he's clearly had a good first season and I can't imagine any CB enjoying playing against him. 1.01 some of the people laughing at him are the same people defending a nothing player like Antony (waits a reply of his goal against Arsenal).
Check out Antony’s performance thread if you think United fans happy with him.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
First in the PL in non-penalty xg plus xa per 90 minutes.

I'd love for him to be a flop but this guy is a huge pain in the ass to play against. He is constantly moving, constantly involved, and he's just a very fast and physical guy for CBs to be tracking and banging against all game. If he can be just an average finisher he'll be one of the best forwards in the PL for sure.

I'm not really sold on Gakpo but Diaz and Nunez alone put Liverpool in a good spot for the next 3-4 years up front.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Not quite sure what to make of this guy. A lot of media going on about how he has improved after the WC break but I don't really see it yet. I can see how he's a force in attack, how he can be a headache for defenses, but he really is fecking awful in build-up and hold-up play or passing in tight spaces.

I can easily see him becoming a 20+ PL goals player for us in the next few years, but he doesn't look like he has the tools to become the new Torres or Suarez for us, unfortunately.

BerryBerryShrew

Not quite sure what to make of this guy. A lot of media going on about how he has improved after the WC break but I don't really see it yet. I can see how he's a force in attack, how he can be a headache for defenses, but he really is fecking awful in build-up and hold-up play or passing in tight spaces.

I can easily see him becoming a 20+ PL goals player for us in the next few years, but he doesn't look like he has the tools to become the new Torres or Suarez for us, unfortunately.
If he improves drastically as a player, he'll be similar to Torres. If he improves drastically as a player and demonstrates a fondness for both cannibalism and racism, then we run with the Suarez comparison.

Josh 76

He is the perfect player for Klopps system. Not a great individual player, but makes the team better. That’s basically what your midfield have been doing for the last few years.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
He is the perfect player for Klopps system. Not a great individual player, but makes the team better. That’s basically what your midfield have been doing for the last few years.
I'm not convinced. Klopp had Lewandowski at Dortmund and Firmino during our succesful spell, both 10x better at actual football than Nunez. So not sure he actually makes the team better (yet), or that we have to accommodate our playing style in order to get the most out of him.