David Bellion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spoony

The People's President
What was all that about? And why didn't he turn out to be the new Henry? And don't get me started on Djemba Djemba.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Are you alright?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
One of those signings from our "sign very fast players and hope you can make them into footballers" phase.

Spoony

The People's President
He came from Sunderland and he was tripe...but a part of you felt that there's some talent in there. I was wrong, he was Bambi on ice.

lsd

The Oracle
Didn't he score a winner against Arsenal? Seemed to score a few goals when he played I recall

Wayne's World

He was truly awful for us :lol: :lol:

Not his fault though, don't think he did anything of note when he left either

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Bellion, Bebe, Manucho & Dong was almost like B-movie class reenactment of Cole, Yorke, Ole & Teddy.

Djemba was a Cup legend though, shame he couldn't reenact Keane & Scholes with Kleberson.

FujiVice

All pace. Didnt have the mentality or fundermentals to be a top player.

Spoony

The People's President
And William Prunier. But that was only one game, I think. Anyway, someone actually scouted Bellion. I mean...what!?!?!

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Seriously though what was all that about? Why did we buy him?
We had Ruud & Forlan. Ole didn't play much that season, SAF wanted another striker just for sake of numbers. That's the only excuse I can think of... and he still signed Saha right after that.

2003-2007 - truly random times.

My only Eric

I tried using him in winning eleven and never made that mistake again.

GueRed

Bellion, Djemba-Djemba, Kleberson

What a transfer bonaza of a summer 2003 was.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I remember doubling down on my opinion that he would come good at the time :lol::houllier:

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Fergie and I are basically in tune, as I am pretty sure we both knew we had to sign both Bellion and Djemba-Djemba at the same moment. Such were their impressions against us.

I remember clearly Bellion coming off the bench against us for Sunderland and just looking, within a couple of minutes, to have ‘it’. Never happened for him here, but I know what I saw that day and Fergie saw the same, so when we went for him at the end of the season it made perfect sense to me. Djemba similarly. He was very good against us in Europe.

Minkaro

Took me a while there to realise the thread is not about Obertan.
I remember him coming on against Blackburn (I think), and my dad saying, with more certainty I’ve ever heard from him before or since: “that’s your new Ronaldo”

Was Manucho already mentioned here?
The only thing I remember him doing in a United shirt is setting up Welbeck’s debut goal.

Devil81

I remember hearing story about Ruud absolutely destroying him in training calling him shite and what not.

In fact Ruud sounded like he was a bit of a bellend in truth.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
I remember hearing story about Ruud absolutely destroying him in training calling him shite and what not.

In fact Ruud sounded like he was a bit of a bellend in truth.
He was at the end of his time at United. Fergie said in his book that Ruud phoned him up years ago to apologize for his behaviour.

Devil81

He was at the end of his time at United. Fergie said in his book that Ruud phoned him up years ago to apologize for his behaviour.
Yeah I've read that, to be fair to Ruud he unfortunately came to us during one of our transition periods and you could see the frustration in him during matches.

Still doesn't excuse some of the stuff you hear about him abusing teammates in training. Constructive stuff I don't mind but to call someone shit to their face or to talk about someone's father was just disgusting.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
I remember him coming on against Blackburn (I think), and my dad saying, with more certainty I’ve ever heard from him before or since: “that’s your new Ronaldo”

The only thing I remember him doing in a United shirt is setting up Welbeck’s debut goal.
:lol: I think we were all hopeful! A couple of stepovers and he had us fooled

Status
Not open for further replies.