David Carmo

Ralph1386

21-year-old left-footed Centre Back who plays for Sporting Braga. He is 6’5”.

We are linked with him in January if we can offload Jones or Rojo.

beingshe7don

I think Badiashile is much faster compared to Carmo. Has the United ship sailed on Badiashile?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Another giant next to Maguire? not sure that would be a great idea unless we plan to play a deep line regularly.

Devil may care

Offload Jones and Rojo off the back of a truck on the edge of a cliff, the question is, is this transfer rumour just carmoflage for our real CB target? :wenger:

stu_1992

I think Badiashile is much faster compared to Carmo. Has the United ship sailed on Badiashile?
I would be surprised if we were ever as seriously interested in him as it was suggested in the press. I don't think he's an elite talent. Pacy yes, but tbh I'm not at all convinced by him defensively. There's a lot to be refined there. If he has any hope of making it big, he should stay at Monaco for the time being and develop.

eltigreFalcao

This young kid looks very solid, I'd take him in a blink of an eye, given our poor crop at cb. Already picturing him alongside Tuanzebe in the future

beingshe7don

I would be surprised if we were ever as seriously interested in him as it was suggested in the press. I don't think he's an elite talent. Pacy yes, but tbh I'm not at all convinced by him defensively. There's a lot to be refined there. If he has any hope of making it big, he should stay at Monaco for the time being and develop.
Fair enough. What about Pau Torres? Unfortunately, my opinion for Carmo is dependent on what's on youtube and he didn't look outstanding. I would like a CB who can pass when the opposition attackers are doing the high press. Also, someone who can recover quickly when Maguire is out of position and obviously someone whose dominant in the air.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
The only thing I can gather from looking at highlights is he is looks fantastic in the air. Always very welcome, can't really tell how fast he is.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Fair enough. What about Pau Torres? Unfortunately, my opinion for Carmo is dependent on what's on youtube and he didn't look outstanding. I would like a CB who can pass when the opposition attackers are doing the high press. Also, someone who can recover quickly when Maguire is out of position and obviously someone whose dominant in the air.
You just contradicted yourself putting Torres and dominant in the air in the same conversation

stu_1992

I know as much about Torres as I do Carmo and that's next to nothing. Just wanted to offer my take on Badiashile since he was mentioned and I've been a regular watcher of Ligue 1.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
I'm just going to wait for @SportingCP96 to give us that detailed scouting report
Braga have done a really good job recently of developing and promoting a lot of talent coming from their academy. Carmo I think will follow in the foot step of Trincão and make a big move sooner rather than later.

At 6'5 he is quite a presence in the back line. He has a solid reading of the game and has about 2 tackles per game so far this season. Thanks to his exuberant height he almost always wins his aerial duels (81% to be exact) and so far has averaged almost a tackle a game, additionally he is very composed on the ball. At his height he is not particularly slow either, has a decent enough pace given how tall he is, He comes off as a very solid defender but he does have one thing which stands out for the negative side... He has 5 yellows and 1 red card in 8 games as he has a tendency to come in quiet reckless at times.

David Carmo was a integral part of the Portugal team that won the U19 Euros and is a starter for a Braga team that sit second in the league and have already played away to Porto and Benfica both games in which Carmo did not look out of place in.

Considering the fact he only made his debut in January I personally believe it is still way to early to talk about a move. He should earn his stripes in Portugal first and really develop his game more before making a big move that could hamper his development (See Trincao as an example, moving to Barca was a bigger bite than he could chew and he moved to soon IMO). Additionally when he inevitably is sold it will be around the same price range as Trincao as Antonio Salvador is a shroud negotiator and given Braga's upward trajectory in the last 10-12 years they can now make bigger deals. In days gone by the natural process would be moving from Braga to one of the Big 3 but Braga do not sell there best players to Sporting, Porto, or Benfica anymore and if they do they make sure those guys pay a pretty penny which typically keeps them away. (For example Sporting paid 14M for there young promising coach Ruben Amorim who at the time only had 14 games under his belt as a coach).

In conclusion he is for sure a player to keep and eye on to see how he progresses but if I was his advisor I would say to remain at Braga a while longer before making a big move. I do believe he can very likely be a starter for the Portuguese national team in due time. With Carmo, Quaresma, Inacio, and Diogo Leite, Portugal have a number of talented center backs coming through the ranks. What makes Carmo stand out in this Lot though is his height for sure. The 2 Sporting boys are still 18 so its early to tell and Leite has not got many minute. Carmo at the moment is ahead of them.

Hope this helped mate!

Last edited:

Ballache

Supports
Martial
Braga have done a really good job recently of developing and promoting a lot of talent coming from their academy. Carmo I think will follow in the foot step of Trincão and make a big move sooner rather than later.

At 6'5 he is quite a presence in the back line. He has a solid reading of the game and has about 2 tackles per game so far this season. Thanks to his exuberant height he almost always wins his aerial duels (81% to be exact) and so far has averaged almost a tackle a game, additionally he is very composed on the ball. At his height he is not particularly slow either, has a decent enough pace given how tall he is, He comes off as a very solid defender but he does have one thing which stands out for the negative side... He has 5 yellows and 1 red card in 8 games as he has a tendency to come in quiet reckless at times.

David Carmo was a integral part of the Portugal team that won the U19 Euros and is a starter for a Braga team that sit second in the league and have already played away to Porto and Benfica both games in which Carmo did not look out of place in.

Considering the fact he only made his debut in January I personally believe it is still way to early to talk about a move. He should earn his stripes in Portugal first and really develop his game more before making a big move that could hamper his development (See Trincao as an example, moving to Barca was a bigger bite than he could chew and he moves to soon IMO). Additionally when he inevitably is sold it will be around the same price range as Trincao as Antonio Salvador is a shroud negotiator and given Braga's upward trajectory in the last 10-12 years they can now make bigger deals. In days gone by the natural process would be moving from Braga to won of the Big 3 but Braga do not sell there best players to Sporting, Porto, or Benfica anymore and if they do they make sure those guys pay a pretty penny which typically keeps them away. (For example Sporting paid 14M for there young promising coach Ruben Amorim who at the time only had 14 games under his belt as a coach).

In conclusion he is for sure a player to keep and eye on to see how he progresses but if I was his advisor I would say to remain at Braga a while longer before making a big move. I do believe he can very likely be a starter for the Portuguese national team in due time. With Carmo, Quaresma, Inacio, and Diogo Leite, Portugal have a number of talented center backs coming through the ranks. What makes Carmo stand out in this Lot though is his height for sure. The 2 Sporting boys are still 18 so its early to tell and Leite has not got many minute. Carmo at the moment is ahead of them.

Hope this helped mate!
Cheers Bud!

drmuji

Considering the fact he only made his debut in January I personally believe it is still way to early to talk about a move. He should earn his stripes in Portugal first and really develop his game more before making a big move that could hamper his development (See Trincao as an example, moving to Barca was a bigger bite than he could chew and he moves to soon IMO). Additionally when he inevitably is sold it will be around the same price range as Trincao as Antonio Salvador is a shroud negotiator and given Braga's upward trajectory in the last 10-12 years they can now make bigger deals. In days gone by the natural process would be moving from Braga to won of the Big 3 but Braga do not sell there best players to Sporting, Porto, or Benfica anymore and if they do they make sure those guys pay a pretty penny which typically keeps them away. (For example Sporting paid 14M for there young promising coach Ruben Amorim who at the time only had 14 games under his belt as a coach).

Hope this helped mate!
Wow. Thanks mate. You have given such detailed info. Wish you were around when we signed Bebe

beingshe7don

You just contradicted yourself putting Torres and dominant in the air in the same conversation
I'm not sure how I contradicted myself. I was merely asking the poster what he thought of Pau Torres. What I desire in a CB does not imply that Pau Torres possess those qualities.

beingshe7don

I know as much about Torres as I do Carmo and that's next to nothing. Just wanted to offer my take on Badiashile since he was mentioned and I've been a regular watcher of Ligue 1.
Sounds good. Thanks for the insight.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Wow. Thanks mate. You have given such detailed info. Wish you were around when we signed Bebe
Anytime mate!

Bebe was one of the strangest signings I can remember. He was just never good.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I'm not sure how I contradicted myself. I was merely asking the poster what he thought of Pau Torres. What I desire in a CB does not imply that Pau Torres possess those qualities.
Fair enough. But certainly he’s more like lindelof in the air so I think Torres should be a non runner