Day 15: South Korea vs. Belgium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shurou

Not really taking the man advantage so far, or maybe Defour was so shit it doesn't really matter.
Agreed. Korea doesn't seem to be able to hold the ball when it matters. Final balls haven't been good enough.

Reddevilboy

Supports
Brexit
Not a fan of the USA but I can see them beating this Belgium team, they are really lucky to have drawn a relatively easy group. All the hype received prior to the tournament really hasn't been warranted. I think the USA have enough to beat them. Belgium really are a disappointment.
If Belgium were in any other groups, they would not have such an easy ride. I'm fairly sure they would not even have made it out of the group if they were in Group A, B, D, G. Belgium is seriously the most overrated team in the World Cup. USA can beat them.

Winrar

Even as a Korean watching our most likely last World Cup game this is so boring.

Shurou

I'm not really sure what Korea is playing at having Koo Ja-Cheol mark Fellaini on set pieces - he must be taller by a head or something.

Shurou

Would have taken off Lee Chong-Yong myself, but Son looks equally knackered...

Wonder Pigeon

'Shelbourne FC Supporter'
Supports
Shelbourne
The Asian teams will really have to go back to the drawing board after this tournament. South Korea and Japan totally lacking any cutting edge. They have technical skills but are very one-dimensional.

Winrar

That's that then. We can't even beat a 10 man Belgium that's been playing poorly.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Fellaini's technique is quite good, but he is quite slow and average passing at best. I'm very curious what LvG will do with him.

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
Technically his foot IS offside says Townsend. That'll be an offside then.

Dylan94

I honestly think that Belgium are the most boring team at this tournament. And I'll say what I said after their 2nd game. If they can't score until the 75th/80th minute of the game, when they play a decent team, the game will already be over.

ATXRedDevil

Not a fan of the USA but I can see them beating this Belgium team, they are really lucky to have drawn a relatively easy group. All the hype received prior to the tournament really hasn't been warranted. I think the USA have enough to beat them. Belgium really are a disappointment.
I agree. I've been telling anyone that will listen that I think Belgium are 2-4 years away from being legit contenders for anything. I always thought that their ceiling was the QFs here but with the way the bracket has fallen out I'm really starting to believe the USA will win. At least I have one country to root for now that England are out...

Status
Not open for further replies.