Day 2: Wales vs Switzerland | Denmark vs Finland | Belgium vs Russia

el3mel

So apparently Finland have to travel to Russia tomorrow for the next game so it's a bit of a complex situation according to the commentators I'm listening to.

Was it really necessary to organize the tournament in different countries?
This was such a stupid decision and it showing. Whoever responsible of bringing ideas about formatting the Euro format in UEFA needs to be sacked.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Now stadium announcer says they'll play the final 5 mins of first half and then resume 2nd half after a short break.
I suppose officially they have to go from the point the game stopped although that's been lost after everything that's happened. Crazy turn of events but it's at least positive considering everything.

Godfather

So apparently Finland have to travel to Russia tomorrow for the next game so it's a bit of a complex situation according to the commentators I'm listening to.

Was it really necessary to organize the tournament in different countries?
It's such an incredibly stupid idea it's unreal

Sphaero

Struggling to explain his genius to the hoi polloi
Supports
Borussia Dortmund
They are resuming? I have no words. Unless this was the absolute wish by the players, this is the most disgraceful decision of the UEFA I have ever seen and that is saying something.

MU655

Shocked that the players would be in a fit state.

Supposedly, it was their choice, though.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
If the danish team have OK’d this then go for it. I still think they should’ve had it taken out of their hands though.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
I've nothing but good wishes for Eriksen.

I don't see how I think abandoning the game serves no great purpose is so outrageous.
Are you really that obtuse, did you see the players on the pitch? This wasn't a footballing injury it was they team mate, and friend "dropping dead" in front of them... shocking post. If the players choose to come back out fair enough it was the right call at that time.

Matt007a

Great news to hear he is awake and responsive, even if that doesn’t mean he’s out of the woods yet.

Unfortunately he will probably be forced into retirement by this. It wouldn’t be worth the risk to keep playing.

A great shame but the most important thing is that he pulls through. Early signs seem positive.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
This was such a stupid decision and it showing. Whoever responsible of bringing ideas about formatting the Euro format in UEFA needs to be sacked.
Yup. Just more stupid ideas from UEFA to squeeze more money.

032Devil

Someone almost died you cnut.
In Hollywood, shows, threate "the show goes on..." It'll probably true for sport too.

The world doesn't stand still just because of an incident like this. When Prince Phillip died recently football was suspended for one day. Some of you want the WHOLE tournament to be cancelled. What difference will that make to the world or people dying everyday.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
They are resuming? I have no words. Unless this was the absolute wish by the players, this is the most disgraceful decision of the UEFA I have ever seen and that is saying something.
I'm pretty sure they asked the players.

mav_9me

He is apparently awake.

That's even better. Always have to worry about brain injury when heart stops. But if he is actually awake, that's hugely hugely optimistic for his recovery.

autopilot

Supports
Chelsea
Don't really agree with the decision to finish the game today, but if both sets of players feel that they are able to do so and it wasn't pushed upon them then fair play to them.

MU655

Hopefully it is the players decision to play, and they are not being forced
I doubt even Uefa would be stupid enough to do that. The backlash they would get if the players spoke out would be beyond anything they have ever seen.