Day 20: Sweden vs Switzerland and Colombia vs England

What is 'coming home'?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Revan

Assumptionman
Congrats England.Uribe should have shoot a more conservative penalty.Great penalties for England and good GK
Yep. Actually Pickford behavior changed fro bullish to a dead man walking when Henderson's pen was saved, but then Uribe missed it, essentially returning the hope to England.

Virror

So what happened the next match last time England won on penalties?

NieThePiet

Supports
Werder Bremen, Arsenal
First time Ospina did well on penalties. Every time the right corner and was close to the last one too.

Normally he is going the wrong way every time.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Great stuff. Well done, England!

Dr. StrangeHate

There is going to be a Sir Southgate, Sir Dier, Sir Henderson, Sir Alli. I think I am going to be sick. England have a clear path to the final.

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Where are all the anti-England lads now?
Give them a few minutes and we'll soon be told how it was lucky, the players are so scummy, we're crap, players can't pass etc etc. :D

Can't believe we actually won a shootout! Excellent experience for this squad, whatever happens now (and yes, I know the bar is incredibly low).

TheReligion

Abusive
Deserved to win tbh. Really pleased for them
Didn't they just.

Colombia were a fecking disgrace. Terrible cheats and I lost alot of respect for what I thought was a fun side. Digging up the pen spot before Kane's penalty in normal time and stalling - disgusting. Got what they deserved.

Well done England.

Acole9

Outstanding
They're really gonna have to step it up now, penalties aside that was real poor.

TheReligion

Abusive
Give them a few minutes and we'll soon be told how it was lucky, the players are so scummy, we're crap, players can't pass etc etc. :D

Can't believe we actually won a shootout! Excellent experience for this squad, whatever happens now (and yes, I know the bar is incredibly low).
Brilliant for the group.

They will be flying for Sweden game. Think they will slaughter them.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Oh the salty tears. :lol:

Well deserved apart from Southgate freezing on the touchline. Used to like Columbia too but they were a disgrace tonight. Glad they're out.

Classical Mechanic

Absolutely fantastic. Aside from Henderson the penalties were too good and non of the players looked nervous. Rashford was great, real poker face. You could see the fear in the Colombians at the end of the shoot out. For the least inexperienced side at the whole World Cup to break England's penalty curse, just fantastic.

RW2

Supports
Eintracht Frankfurt
There is going to be a Sir Southgate, Sir Dier, Sir Henderson, Sir Alli. I think I am going to be sick. England have a clear path to the final.
They don't really....Croatia and Sweden are better teams than England

They got a lucky draw, fixed a loss against Belgium...
They're not much of a team

el3mel

England should pass Sweden even though I'm predicting a really poor match. Facing either Croatia or Russia in semis gonna be tough though but no one even expected semis for this side from the start anyway. Surely helped by the draw and some luck but you can only play what's in front of you.

RedDevil-85

Well done England
Proud of Rashford for stepping up,it was a great taken penalty.