Day 26: England vs Croatia Waist Coat Semi-Final

What is 'coming home'?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dinghy

Not enough quality in the english midfield. Should have finished the game off in the first half with a bit more precision.

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
I don’t think France will be losing any sleep! Two very poor teams that had easy routes to the semi.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Chin up lads. Losing the final is worse than losing the semi and neither of these teams are beating France.

Spark

Gutted. Fair play to the cnuts, did much better than expected. France are going to batter Croatia.

Want Croatia to win the final.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Yes, get the feck in. Chuffed for Croatia.

It'd been a travesty if a midfield trio of Alli, Lingard and Henderson stood a chance at winning the thing.
They were good enough to reach the world cup semi-final, and they dominated for large parts of that game. Before the equalizer, England were far and away the better of the two sides.

Kopral Jono

50-50. England to win fingers crossed, but I still think Croatia will just edge it in the end by a very fine margin. Modric and Rakitic will most likely turn the screws on and that means big trouble for England.

That said, I reckon the pressure will be atypically on Croatia and they do have a history of bottling it when it matters. Deep down they know their run is not going to be repeated in four years time with their talisman Modric unlikely to feature again. Meanwhile, this England team seem to be just enjoying it knowing that they've way exceeded expectations and this factor alone could work massively in their favour.
Well...

Spoony

The People's President
I would say a lot more. England dominated in the first half, but Croatia have been much better overall. Much more shots, much better chances, more possession, more passes.

Croatia panicked after the goal but once they settled the gulf in quality was there to see. Would be nice if we produced players who looked good technically. England best chances always come from free kicks and corners. Not good enough frankly.

RedDevil@84

Pissed off but also relieved in a way as it proves from a Utd perspective Lingard and Rashford will never be good enough and i hope Mourinho makes the necessary changes with these two.
And hope Spurs follow suit and put Kane and Alli on sale.

Katalinski

Congratulations to all Croats here. I warned my English friends here about statements "comfortable win" and such.

FromTheBench

England lacked that little bit of extra quality and didn't look well drilled today. That extra tactical quality in management was also lacking I substitutions and game management.

Croatia wasn't that better or anything but had little extra composure.

dbs235

Good game from both sides, unfortunately we lack a bit of quality. Rather Croatia get beaten in the final than England anyway.

Also a big feck off to half the united fans in here posting anti-england rubbish. Here's an idea, support the team that has 3 united players actually playing it.
They're often Irish or Scottish but support United because there's no one good for them to support from their own country.

Schneckerl

Croatia was really lucky to win that. Can't believe such a shite team makes the WC final, hope they get slaughtered by France.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Are England just going to watch the fans for next half hour or something?

Treble

They were good enough to reach the world cup semi-final, and they dominated for large parts of that game. Before the equalizer, England were far and away the better of the two sides.
Talk about exaggeration. They were crap in the second half. It was all Croatia.

Devil may care

I make no apologies, I loathed Manduzkic before the game started and his cnutish antics only increased my hatred of him, I hope France feck them into the floor on Sunday, come on Pogba and Mbappe!

Wilt

YESSSSSSS!!!!

They're going home, they're going home!

Cromwell can you hear me? Yer boys took a helluva beating!!!!
Spoken like a true Scotland supporter, who lets face it have as much chance of winning the WC as flying to the moon on the back of a carrier pigeon.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
Never get close or get that route in the draw ever again, what a shame. Look out for the ‘one night in moscow’ in twenty years time. :(

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Kane’s going to eventually turn up for Spurs or England in a big cup game. Seems to do it with ease in all scenarios but these few games that shape your career.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Well done to Croatia if they can survive France who will be much fresher than it will be some accomplishment.

Proud of England in this tournament, they exceeded expectations but ultimately not enough leaders in the team which is what you need at this stage. Southgate got the most out of an England squad that isn't the best ever but he's definitely proved his worth.

Ainu

Commiserations England fans, I know the feeling all too well. Incredible for Croatia, who have even less than half our population, and we're not exactly giants. How I would've loved to play them in the final!

OutlawGER

Supports
Bayern München, 1. FC Köln
BILD-Newspaper in Germany: England is coming home :lol:

Still you guys can be proud. After all England is relevant on international football again.

El Zoido

England deserved nothing from that. They've come up short in the two games against top competition. I wonder if the Colombia game would have been different with James.

Even still England has a bright future at international football with the current team and youth teams.
We’re a couple of players short, mainly a top class centre midfielder.

Kane is a real problem in that he’s become completely and utterly undroppable regardless of how poor he plays. He was detrimental to the entire team performance tonight.