Day 26: England vs Croatia Waist Coat Semi-Final

What is 'coming home'?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Katalinski

Haha loads of the croatian players are either half bosnian-croat or have Bosnian roots (same with bosnian national team for cro and all that). Happy for them
Ćorluka is from Doboj I think, Lovren from Zenica. I don't know about others. I'm Croat too.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
kane is not fit to lace the boots of proper forward..lucky twat.

Treble

It was all England in the first half (we could and perhaps should have put the game to bed during that period). The second half was end-to-end stuff and it wasn't until Croatia equalized that they took control of the game. Over the initial 90 minutes, England dominated the game longer than Croatia did - they just weren't clinical enough in front of goal.

Reminded me of United from the last few years.
Delusional.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/44706648

Possession
Home55%
Away45%

Shots
Home22
Away11

Shots on Target
Home7
Away2

Corners
Home8
Away4

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
2 things for me.

Why bother passing it around the back taking risks just for Henderson to hoof it up front every other ball
Why since the knockouts has Kane been playing in midfield. Drops to deep

Judas

Open to offers
Just fell a bit short in the end. Proud of how we did, and honestly we could have finished the game off in the first half.

Disappointed by Kane, even though it's not the time to point fingers, think he went missing a bit, drifted back into the midfield and didn't do his job.

But honestly, bravely losing in the semifinal, I'll fecking take that. Never thought we'd get this far, just hope we can match or better it in my lifetime.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
If only.
If only Kane had scored at 1-0.

These are the margins.
Never looked likely to score when they equalised, but a great tournament as a whole, unexpected by all but the most deluded.

SalfordRed1960

Pathetic performance, should of killed that game in the first half. What is the point in continuing to play Sterling ? Alls he does is run in to brick walls.

And how does Henderson get so much praise ? He either does a short side/back pass or boots it to the opposition keeper. Does he do that all the time for Liverpool ?
Shame, gave Croatia the ball and then shit ourselves. Bad tactic. Thought Stones was weak spot, rather than Henderson. As the game went on his decision making became worse. Young was poor today, Rashford did nothing when he came on. Do not understand playing Alli and Lingard and not attacking. Got walked over in midfield.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Shame, gave Croatia the ball and then shit ourselves. Bad tactic. Thought Stones was weak spot, rather than Henderson. As the game went on his decision making became worse. Young was poor today, Rashford did nothing when he came on. Do not understand plating Alli and Linfard and not attacking. Got walked over in midfield.
Think this will be the end for Young. He has to bring Rose back in.

antihenry

CAF GRU Rep
What's really puzzling is that after a bright start a younger and supposedly fresher England team got completely outplayed and outfought in the second half and extra time by the side that was supposed to have been completely knackered.

Heardy

oh and Mandzukic is a cnut. that cramp sorted itself quick enough.

Played well but again from open play we simply werent clinical enough. we look grand from set pieces but at 1-0 Kane needed to score that chance.

GeorgieBoy

Gutted absolutely gutted.
Croatia deserved that though they were better on the night. If we could have converted those 1st half chances then who knows.
Credit to the boys though for at least getting us back on board with them this tournament.

As an aside, any non-Croatian posters on here actively celebrating this result and enjoying this result; you are definatly not United fans even if you think you are.

Acole9

Outstanding
The boys should be proud with what they've achieved, no one expected this, just a step too far. Most of this bunch will come again, there's some talented youth players coming through who could be ready for next Euro's.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Actually completely forgot about the Kane chance first half, massive moment. Up there with the Gazza miss in euro 96.

Croatia wouldn't have come back from 2-0 down imo.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Ćorluka is from Doboj I think, Lovren from Zenica. I don't know about others. I'm Croat too.
Rakitic's mothers family from zepce, think Subasic has some connection as he was on a youth teamsheet for bosnia (no idea if he played)... not sure on the others. But a lot of roots in both countries though obviously they play for what their heart feels they are.

Kopral Jono

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! ! !!!
Congrats! I honestly thought, first half aside, Croatia played better tonight than they did against Argentina. As I said yesterday Modric will turn his screws on and there was only one winner when he did. And again, personally, Croatia of course didn't let me down as I put some money on them at half-time!

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Croatia deserved that though they were better on the night. If we could have converted those 1st half chances then who knows.
Credit to the boys though for at least getting us back on board with them this tournament.

As an aside, any non-Croatian posters on here actively celebrating this result and enjoying this result; you are definatly not United fans even if you think you are.
I don't dislike Croatia at all, but I am now wanting France to win for Pogba. I support the United players.

Mint

We're all very aware of how poor our national team is. Doesn't mean I can't enjoy your failure, all yer jingoistic pish, and patriotism with its BNP Brexit, keep Britain about British nonsense makes it all the sweeter when you fail.

Hell mend yees!
What about the SNP? All the anti-English comments from the Scottish? Sort out your own nationalism before you talk about England.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Delusional.

Possession
Home55%
Away45%
Shots
Home22
Away11
Shots on Target
Home7
Away2
Corners
Home8
Away4
Don't really care what the stats say.

England dominated for large periods of the game and should have had it sewn up before the half-time whistle went. The second half was fairly even before Croatia equalized, after which they went on to control the game and ultimately win it in the end. They deserve credit for that.

But so do the England lads. Can't remember the last time I was this proud of my national team.

I_live_cement

Cat freak
Well done Croatia, better team won.

When Modric, the most talented player on the pitch, is running around like a maniac, it sends a message to the rest of the players.

nikineil

At least with the introduction of this new "Winter Break" from next season, the tiredness of an EPL campaign hopefully is not used as an excuse in future tournaments. Not that I am saying England used it this time around, but they did seem to tire out a lot towards the end. Good tournament for England in hindsight though. Disappointing not to make the finals, but... We go again!

EricaNo7

Good post. Exactly what I meant except these idiots can't look past their middle class bias :lol:

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

:lol: come on. People can feel bad for the individual united players but they arent playing for United right now, and this has nothing to do with United. If you do want to look at it that way, theres only 2 united players playing regularly while there are more players from our rivals in the squad.