Day 26: England vs Croatia Waist Coat Semi-Final

What is 'coming home'?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
At least we get our chance to avenge this defeat on 12th October and 18th November when we play Croatia twice in the UEFA Nations League!

Ban

We're in the finals. Can't believe it. This a massive massive team. To come behind 3 times, 3 OTs, and win it. This team has surpassed 1998 team tonight. Proud of them every one if them. Chuffed to bits!!

Ban

The sheer arrogance of Neville calling Croatia a very poor side at half-time. England bottled this, all they needed to do was keep playing like the first half, it's not like they were doing anything too taxing, but they came out for the second like they had all just collectively realised this was a game they were supposed to throw and. Offered nothing different tactically after Croatia equalised.

That Lingard shot from the edge of the box after the best move of the game, where he just tamely tried to pass it into the corner instead of carrying it forward or hitting a properly struck shot and Stones awareness for the winner must have been very infuriating moments for England fans.
I love Neville, United legend but he talks so much, so so much rubbish.Glad it came back to his face.

Ban

Also Lovren is a scouser and I'll hate him again when the PL starts. But he had a brilliant absolutely brilliant game. Flawless.

matecro007

Im drunk while writing this text so dont judge me.

I have just come home from caffee bar and in our capital city the people are mental and I am too.

This is like a miracle. I dont want to use large words right now and dont want to shout but im shouting inside and outside on the streets.

Hello to my fellow Croats on this forum and hopefully you are drunk and proud as I am now.

Reactions: SteveJ

Lord Megadrive

Flautist in training
Between the Motorola 68000 and Yamaha YM2612
i think english fans should be less arrongant and improve their understanding of this game, and their taste in general. except for manchester city , all the major english clubs , as well as the national team, have been playing garbage-footabll for years, maybe decades.
first touch, short passes, possession, intuition: this is football, this is what you should take home, not that concoction of athletic disciplines you are used to enjoy every sunday.
You are using a stereotype from the dark days of the 80’s to characterise our game . the game that most Top Flight English clubs play is totally different to the Route One that was championed by English football back then. The football that united and arsenal played in the 90’s was head and shoulders above most clubs and if it wasn’t for the 3 foreign players rule I think SAF would’ve had another CL. Also the England side of 1990 under Robson played some great football at times, not hit and hope. Hell even under Taylor (a well know proponent of the Long Ball game) actually tried to play a more passing game once he became England manager.

To say that English clubs just (apart from City) play blood and thunder 100mph steam roller football is just a rubbish statement, especially if you look at some of the so-called sophisticated continental clubs, In recent years the Italian Game has got more and more direct and so has the bundesliga. in fact Bayern have been more successful European wise playing Heynkes more direct style than with Peps tiki taka style.

Also please stop with calling people arrogant especially as your tone in your post came across as such. Most realistic England supporters thought we would just about get out the group, if enjoying your team being more successful than you thought is arrogance then every countries support is arrogant

Ban

Congratulations to @Ban @No Idea For Nickname @Andycoleno9

Well deserved.
Thanks mate! :)
Chuffed!

Congrats and good luck in the final, do it for Eastern Europe!

England did well to get to the semis, only to build on this. You'll be better in 2020, feel like the lack of midfield cost you. Heads up! Hope Lingard and Rashford will come back stronger. Rashford hat-trick on Sat!

PS. feck off to the sad cnuts who think supporting United should mean supporting England. You made it hard for me to cheer for you tonight.
Thanks mate! :)

We'll do it man, it's written in the stars!

@Ban and the other Croatian’s here, congratulations. Fully deserved the win.
Thanks mate, well in! :)

Je l' se popilo štagod?
Da popilo
Razbilo i popilo :D
Je l' se popilo štagod?
Da popilo
Razbilo i popilo :D

Congrats! *hugs* ❤
Thanks! Mwah! :) :D

Congrats! I honestly thought, first half aside, Croatia played better tonight than they did against Argentina. As I said yesterday Modric will turn his screws on and there was only one winner when he did. And again, personally, Croatia of course didn't let me down as I put some money on them at half-time!
Thanks man! In the 1st we were slow and didn't have an idea what to do with the ball, England was fast and dangerous. But in the 2nd we totally dominated England and deserved the win. What I like is that, unlike previous 2 games, we didn't punt the high balls up the field but were patient and decided to play football. And we were well rewarded for it.

Well done @Ban fully deserved mate.
Thanks mate, appreciate it. :)

Dirty cnuts are in WC final i heard @Ban
:lol:

As if @Ban isn't running around on the streets somewhere chugging booze, snorting coke and blowing himself in pure euphoria at the moment.
:lol::lol:

All except coke.

And blowing myself. :lol:

Delusional.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/44706648

Possession
Home55%
Away45%

Shots
Home22
Away11

Shots on Target
Home7
Away2

Corners
Home8
Away4
He'll get to his senses.

Congrats, all the best in the final ;)
Thanks mate!

@Ban can you have a word mate and get him to finish his career at United?
Ok, I'll give him a call. :D

@Jim Beam congrats mate and I think @Ban iirc
Thanks mate!

plitak potok ;)
Laganini. :D

tentan

Poor man's poster.
Well done to Croatia, commiseration's England. Better team went through no doubt, Croatia upped their level in the second half and England seemed flat as the match went on. But England have been fantastic, they were brilliant the whole tournament and I think have made the country love them again.

Reactions: SteveJ

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
That's a glass half empty view.

I felt England looked very good, but wasteful vs. Tunisia, banged them in against a poor Panama side (still the biggest win of the cup mind). Played a good match against Colombia and were very unlucky to go into extra-time and then looked very composed, mature and confident against a Swedish team that perhaps have claimed some of the biggest scalps in world football over the last 12 months.
I think I was being too kind. Croatia were clearly a class above England in the second half.

Inter Yer Nan

I think I was being too kind. Croatia were clearly a class above England in the second half.
So Croatia have had an easy run and are being arrogant celebrating? They’ll get put to the sword against the French.

England had a good cup and Croatia showed their class imo. Worthy of a place in the final they’ve shown excellent poise and composure due to great experience and talent.

Rash Decision

not to use the cream
i think english fans should be less arrongant and improve their understanding of this game, and their taste in general. except for manchester city , all the major english clubs , as well as the national team, have been playing garbage-footabll for years, maybe decades.
first touch, short passes, possession, intuition: this is football, this is what you should take home, not that concoction of athletic disciplines you are used to enjoy every sunday.
What a concoction of ignorance and arrogance this post is.

Pscholes18

I just don't understand how England were controlled for the rest of the match after Cro goal by a team that should of been dead tired....very least they should of took it to pens....boys did well....but let's face it....avg team at best. France would of ripped them apart from what we saw today.

maniwin

Mandzukic and Perisic , 2 players that Jose wants , 2 players that United fans don't want because apparently they are too old ( and mandzukic is just another Fellaini according to some people here ) send England home. Really shows how fans know feck all about football.

Johnnyredboots

England blew it. Got basically a free pass to the final with some extremely favorable draws but when the chips were down they bottled it to the first half decent side they faced.

Probably a good thing tbh as that team would have been annihilated by France in the final

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Mandzukic and Perisic , 2 players that Jose wants , 2 players that United fans don't want because apparently they are too old ( and mandzukic is just another Fellaini according to some people here ) send England home. Really shows how fans know feck all about football.
To be fair they still have a match to play on Saturday, so they're not going home just yet.

Neo_Mufc

Too much emotion inside me write not to describe how I feel. So disappointed.

Neo_Mufc

Well I've broke my window and watching George.
I'm gonna go off on a tangent but where I watched the match today I was ashamed to call these people England fans.

Fighting and behaving like twats.

Once the match finished a large proportion of people smiling laughing just not giving a feck. Literally just come out to get a few pics for the Instagram and what not.

Billy Blaggs

Flacco of the Blaggs tribe
I'm gonna go off on a tangent but where I watched the match today I was ashamed to call these people England fans.

Fighting and behaving like twats.

Once the match finished a large proportion of people smiling laughing just not giving a feck. Literally just come out to get a few pics for the Instagram and what not.
Not me. I'll never see England.. Us win a world cup. I'll die before that.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I just don't understand how England were controlled for the rest of the match after Cro goal by a team that should of been dead tired....very least they should of took it to pens....boys did well....but let's face it....avg team at best. France would of ripped them apart from what we saw today.
It's what happens when you come up against the best midfield group in the world. England was never going to control the game when you compare the midfields.

Denis' cuff

England were easily the better team first half hour. Thought one goal was enough and stopped playing to save their poor, tired legs. Croatia, with one days less preparation and extra time vs our cruise against Sweden were hungrier. Easy to single out some poor performances but where was the will to win?

Congrats to Croatia. Deserved. Now go and beat France.