Day 3: England vs Croatia | Austria vs North Macedonia | Netherlands vs Ukraine

FlapR

No no no, El Loco has done wonders for this lad. He is turning into a proper general in the midfield. I kept an eye on him this whole season. It is the range of passing that impresses me the most, some of them are like Scholesy like. Not saying the highlights below are all you should go off on, but he has come far in a short amount of time and his domination today was just validation for me.
He was brilliant, crazy how much he's changed over a few years.

tjb

He does play 8 for Barca. What have you been watching? Koeman switched to 352 in December and De Jong was a standout in a more advanced role.
I see him used at CB at times in the Busquets role more often than he should be. Personally, I can only imagine how great he would look in the Premier League driving from deep...imagine him at Old Trafford

I see him used at CB at times in the Busquets role more often than he should be. Personally, I can only imagine how great he would look in the Premier League driving from deep...imagine him at Old Trafford
Agreed. He’s incredible, sensational player. Probably will stay at Barca for the rest of his prime unfortunately.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Why is there a human called Dumfries? Just why.
It's the Dutch spelling of Dumphreys. I think you know why a black man of Caribbean descent has an English name.

That would never happen. It would be Blind - Van Dijk - De Ligt. Every Dutch coach so far goes for a left footed player unless it's the De Ligt Van Dijk combo. So it'll Blind instead of De Vrij. Sure De Vrij is better, but he isn't going to play over Blind
I'm not gonna be too harsh on Blind considering the impact of Eriksens' situation, but two games in a row now Ake has looked better than him. Hopefully if Holland win the 2nd game we see both of them get a start.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
No no no, El Loco has done wonders for this lad. He is turning into a proper general in the midfield. I kept an eye on him this whole season. It is the range of passing that impresses me the most, some of them are like Scholesy like. Not saying the highlights below are all you should go off on, but he has come far in a short amount of time and his domination today was just validation for me.
Think you misunderstood what I said.
Really like him. Proper tenacious midfielder who can play as well.
In my view, better than Fred.

Sara125

Apparently Arnautovic’s crazy celebration was rooted in the Serbia vs Albania hostility. Didn’t Xhaka and Shaqiri get in trouble for that a couple of years back?

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

Apparently Arnautovic’s crazy celebration was rooted in the Serbia vs Albania hostility. Didn’t Xhaka and Shaqiri get in trouble for that a couple of years back?
I think it had to do more with the fact that the North Macedonian fans booed over the whole 90 minutes whenever we/Austria had the ball.
This is just bad behavior and I don’t understand why this is necessary in a tournament like this.

Withnail

WTF was that from Arnautovic! :lol:
Anything to do with his Serbian roots? Weird celebration.
He looked like he was shouting at an opponent, then he ruffled Alioski's hair in quite a patronising way.
Nah. Guess a defender or the gk mouthed off so he gave it back to them. That's just how he is
Never seen that was strange to say the least then Alaba grabbing his mouth.
It's weird as feck. At one point alaba grabbed his mouth to shut it.
Looks like he's got himself into a spot of bother

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...-uefa-to-investigate-marko-arnautovic-remarks

Sara125

I think it had to do more with the fact that the North Macedonian fans booed over the whole 90 minutes whenever we/Austria had the ball.
This is just bad behavior and I don’t understand why this is necessary in a tournament like this.
The lip readers caught ‘f*** your Albanian mothers’

Godfather

He politely asked Alioski for permission to give love to his wonderful mother he adores dearly.

Chicharo

Yeah, this definitely has something to do with Arnautovic Serbian and Alioski's Albanian roots, but I don't think that is the only reason I didnt watch the whole game, had Alioski done something before this to provoke Marko even more or it maybe dates back to Premiership days?
I see Austrian fans complaining that he acted as a cnut, what was he doing?
Alaba reacted as a proper leader there

Last edited:

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
As Mourinho said "Arnautovic and Balotelli have 1 neuron between the two of them"

Deery

Dreary
Yeah, this definitely has something to do with Arnautovic Serbian and Alioski's Albanian roots, but I don't think that is the only reason I didnt watch the whole game, had Alioski done something before this to provoke Marko even more or it maybe dates back to Premiership days?
I see Austrian fans complaining that he acted as a cnut, what was he doing?
Alaba reacted as a proper leader there
I don’t think Alioski and Arnautovic played in the premier league together, Alioski was just doing his general shithousing nothing out of the ordinary though to provoke such a response.