Day 3: England vs Croatia | Austria vs North Macedonia | Netherlands vs Ukraine

Droid_Repairs

Jermaine Jenas is the personification of a Sun headline.
He seems to be a strange combination of tabloid sensationalism mixed with occasionally insightful input. I can't decide if he is actually intelligent but not very articulate, or if he just keeps spouting cliches ad nauseam until something clever comes out.

He'll say something reasonable like "England's lack of width allows their opponents to exploit the flanks"

But then follow it up with the back page of the Daily Express:

"England need to give 110%. The boys know the nation is expecting"

At least it's not Michael Owen, he was the absolute worst for pub style insight. His robotic, monotonous delivery combined with mindless platitudes are soul destroying.

Reactions: Jippy

diarm

If nothing else, you bring Grealish on now because he will keep the ball up the other end of the field and win free kicks. England have given the ball away as soon as they've got a hold of it every time in the last 10 minutes.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Oh god Jenas is saying it’s Sterling’s best game this season which is probably right but aside from his goal he’s stunk the place out.

Josep Dowling

What a crap game. I’m surprised how poor Croatia have been. Though with the weather and two CDM we have stopped their midfield. I hope we get a bit more adventurous against Scotland.

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
1 nil up and looking in control of the game, let's take off the players who can keep the ball. Good thinking Gareth, let's get some pressure on us in the final minutes.

el3mel

It'll be a deserved win for England. I think they actually played a very good game, but the defense needs sorting a little bit. Croatia are pretty poor and did nothing worthy of note.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
What a crap game. I’m surprised how poor Croatia have been. Though with the weather and two CDM we have stopped their midfield. I hope we get a bit more adventurous against Scotland.
Yeah they've had no cutting edge. Some good play in midfield but their front 3 was non existent. And the left back hasn't helped them.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Absolutely no attacking threat from our full backs in this game... More through instruction then anything else I think.

Hopefully that changes in games to come

MU655

To be fair saying this is even more negative. I'd take this football if it meant we actually won the tournament all day long.
You would be happy to watch another five games of this? It makes the team very hard to support, for me. I can't see 100% effort being put into the game.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Bellingham is very physically developed for a 17 year old! Looks a man there next to Southgate.

Balljy

We've brought out our quick players so we can counter-attack with balls through the midfield. It's not rocket science and actually a good way to play out the game as they need to be watchful still. Grealish would only come on to replace Phillips now as Sterling has the pace to do that.