DDG - it needs to be said

arthurka

No doubt that he's regressed. Bring in a more commanding keeper and overnight our defense would look 2x better.
Agree. This team lacks leaders and commanders he is neither. He has become a liability and a sort of the hot potato no one wants to discuss or tackle. Ole needs to do the right thing here, give Henderson the gig till the end and then we will see if he has what it takes. If not Kasper is available and we could probably get Pope in on a deal but DDG form isn't just a slump it's been going on since 2018 more or less.

Last edited:

croadyman

Agree. This team lacks leaders and commanders he is neither. He has become a liability and a sort of the hot potato no one wants to discuss our tackle. Ole needs to do the right thing here, give Henderson the gig till the end and then we will see if he has what it takes. If not Kasper is available and we could probably get Pope in on a deal but DDG form isn't just a slump it's been going on since 2018 more or less.
Yeah you are absolutely spot on but think Ole isn't ruthless enough to make that decision

croadyman

Amen to that
There is no doubt DDG has been a great servant for this club and was one of the best around for five years, however even when at his absolute best he never commanded the area well enough or distributed the ball effectively either

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
There is no doubt DDG has been a great servant for this club and was one of the best around for five years, however even when at his absolute best he never commanded the area well enough or distributed the ball effectively either
Even without that I’d just love a schmeichel in goal again!!

OrcaFat

Contracted to Leicester until 2023.
Would they stand in his way? He’s 34.

He give us 3 good years, we give them 10mil good pounds (what else we going to spend it on?)

Feck that shitty contract, Kasp. Come home at last.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Would they stand in his way? He’s 34.

He give us 3 good years, we give them 10mil good pounds (what else we going to spend it on?)

Feck that shitty contract, Kasp. Come home at last.
I would literally piss myself with joy if this happened

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
For those saying Kasper, hasn't his form dropped off a bit over the last 18 months and he's been making more mistakes? I could be wrong as I only catch the odd game here and there, but that was my impression.

I'd still take him over De Gea though as his all-round game is obviously stronger.

Foxbatt

Agree. This team lacks leaders and commanders he is neither. He has become a liability and a sort of the hot potato no one wants to discuss or tackle. Ole needs to do the right thing here, give Henderson the gig till the end and then we will see if he has what it takes. If not Kasper is available and we could probably get Pope in on a deal but DDG form isn't just a slump it's been going on since 2018 more or less.
I would rather have an Imam than Pope. He is not strong on crosses either.

SAFMUTD

If he's not benched after that kind of performance I dont get why did we brought back Henderson and gave him starter wages. If we really do think Henderson has a chance here this is the moment.

arthurka

I would rather have an Imam than Pope. He is not strong on crosses either.
I just think if Henderson can´t jump into the gig now he clearly isn´t going to. We should then go for a short term solution in Kasper and give us a couple of years to evaluate what keeper could fit the gig.
3 years of absolute calamity and mediocrity from our current number one shouldn´t be tolerated, Chelsea bought Kepa for 70m so price or wages isn´t enough to keep on doing the same mistake again and again.
Henderson will play tonight and if he does well he should start again on Sunday v West Brom.
DDG stats are appalling and that is clearly a problem that needs fixing right now.

RashfordisRed

I agree, at the least if Dean Henderson has a solid game today for the sake of making sure players get a message he has to start on Sunday.

I dread to think what a continuation with DDG could do to our younger players who will start to think they can live on past glories even if there is someone worthy of a chance in front of them, not to mention what it will do for our U23s like Hannibal, Shoretire, Hughill who will want to see that they won't not get a place because players in our front line were good a few years ago.