DDG won't save a single pen

el3mel

Feck you De Gea.

11 fecking pens not a single save. Feck the feck off.

The Hilton

Shouldn't have been anywhere near the pitch for the shootout, can't save them and can't take them either.

oreon

Ya'll stop. We are a far better team. It should have never gone to penalties. Straight and simple. It's on all 11 players not just De Gea

Dinghy

The least intimidating goalie in the world. Weak as Lindelof/shit.

MU655

Feel bad for him at the end. I think Solskjaer made a mistake not putting Henderson in. It is well known that De Gea is not good at saving penalties; Henderson has a much better record.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
The second the commentator said Henderson had saved 6 in the last couple of years you knew what was gonna happen.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
Jeez, I knew it, I believed us in penalties but it's obvious he wouldn't save shite. Now please someone buy him and let's finally move on..

Slevs

likes to play with penises
The entire fanbase knew this except apparently for our manager.
This one is on Ole, playing that spineless keeper in a final with a penalty shooutout.
11 penalties. 11 fecking penalties and he didn't even get close to one.

Aretak

It's amazing that he's so bad on penalties. He goes down in slow motion. His reaction times were supposed to be his best feature as a keeper.

Flying_Heckfish

It was obvious. Even the ones he guessed right he couldn't keep a stiff hand to them.

The only chance we had was if they missed one outright

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Vintage channelling of Joe Hart. Psyched himself out of the early ones by diving early.

Thanks for your years of service, but it’s time to go. You have hampered us for a few years now.

arthurka

How didn't Ole react to this. It's just bad management. You put on players to take a pen but you also see to it you might have a chance of saving one. DDG will never save a penalty for this club again he has no believe that he even has a chance of saving one

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
What penalties should he have saved? Bloody stupid thread.
Why is it a bloody stupid thread? He's shambolic at it. The way it he passively approach it is beyond ridiculous. Some of them were uncatchable but from 11 not catching a single one is clearly bad goalkeeping.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I was confident with the penalty when Ole put Telles and Mata on until the camera switched to DDG, I realised we are fecked. Never save a penalty since 2016!!

GeniusIdiot

Nice try with the jinx thread. With the record of jinx threads on this forum i thought he'd save some.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Amazing last performance for the club. Thanks David.

evil_geko

Who cares, this game should have been solved long before the pens against terrible Villareal side, this is on Ole, not Dave.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
some of the pens were brilliant but he was never going to save anything all night. He lacks any presence to scare the taker. Don’t mind him missing as much as I’m annoyed he wasn’t going to save anything.

jesperjaap

I think they could have taken 200 penalties and he wouldnt have saved one....but you make a good point, they were nearly all good penalties, only a couple he maybe could have saved, few more the Villareal keeper should of.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
He doesn't exactly radiate confidence. Looked helpless at times.

Santos J

His attempts were pretty pathetic tbh.
Yeah, not even like you really expect a keeper to save any but some of those were just laughable. Conceding 36 penalties in a row isn't just purely bad luck.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He didn't even look like saving a pen. It was like we had a outfield player in goal for the pens. He was dreadful.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
How do people on a forum understand that his technique for penalties is shit and he doesn't and his coaches don't?

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
The standard of their pens was ridiculous... I think the last 4 (so technically should have been their worst 4) were all roofed.

Still his overall technique with pens is terrible. He either dives too late or too early, never in the sweet spot and never far enough.

Dinghy

That's what £375k a week gives you. Club's an absolute joke.

GMoore23

Posted at the end of extra time. Ole making subs to suit penalties but forgot the most important one. Hendo for De Gea.
Knew we'd lose, De Gea lacks the true self belief and arrogance needed for penalties.
He's a coward of a keeper and always has been. Have never been a fan and never will.

King Eric 7

We already know he's poor at saving pens. This isn't on DDG, we should have won this within the 90.

Zen

feck me, we're brutal. Oh well, I guess he's paid handsomely to deal with this..... and can take a pay cut if he wants to escape it. :lol: