Deadline Day 2023

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Had zero idea that today is DD. Is this the most uninspiring window in modern times? Where did the money go?

Oranges038

Looks like clubs are feeling the pinch with the cumulative losses rules.

Reynoldo

Had zero idea that today is DD. Is this the most uninspiring window in modern times? Where did the money go?
Yeah same, just came on here to check when it was, talk about dull!

(And ETH spent it all)

FortunaUtd

If feels pretty weird that not only are we apparently not signing anyone whatsoever, but also we are not even rumoured to be possibly signing anyone.
This must be a first for our post SAF days.

I always thought that no winter business was the sign of a well run club but in our situation ..

croadyman

If feels pretty weird that not only are we apparently not signing anyone whatsoever, but also we are not even rumoured to be possibly signing anyone.
This must be a first for our post SAF days.

I always thought that no winter business was the sign of a well run club but in our situation ..
Yeah overspending in previous windows

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
I’d normally be all over DD, consuming TV, radio, online etc following every twist and turn and each deal but dear god it’s so dull this year. I’ve actually got better stuff to do for a change.
Actually that’s a lie, I’ve always got better stuff to do, just I actually want to be doing it this time! :lol:

daba

In our case, I’m glad we’ve not spent any money or got any embarrassing loans in. The current regime should not be allowed to use another dime of this clubs money. Frustrating that INEOS wasn’t sorted 3 or 4 months sooner so we could have really attacked this window with a new plan and strategy, but saying that, because others haven’t had money it doesn’t feel like we’ve missed out on anyone. Only ones I can think of are Vermeeren and Marcos Leonardo who would have been a great rotation option for Hojlund (currently 3 in 3 for Benfica).

Betson

This must be the quietest deadline day ever in the Premier league , FFP must scarring off a lot of clubs.

With regards us , I am not too bothered , rather make no purchase than the usual panic few we make. If there is no obvious signing that has not been planned well in advance then best just to wait until summer.

Crashoutcassius

What would be the funniest, most panicky transfer we could imagine?

I'm between emi martinez for 70m or solanke for 57.5 and add ons (win balon dor)

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Not too surprising really. Most of Europe doesn't have any money to spend and EPL clubs are scared to spend.

justsomebloke

What are West Ham doing? That's Benrahma and Fornals out, with Cornet apparently on his way out the door too. Are they going to stop fielding wingers/wide forwards altogether? Bowen is pretty much the only quality one they have left.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Skysports have had their day. Deadline day me hole. Its a busted flush

Koldbeer2021

Supports
West Ham
I know they were linked to a couple that fell through and probably had to sell first to buy. Be interesting to see how they line up rest of season
Disaster of a window is all I Will say. Phillips needs a bit of time but wasn't upto much on his debit.

As for selling the two lads, why in all that is right with the world are we thinning out an already fairly shallow squad hugely lacking in depth of quality with no one coming in. We are literally depending on the front three to continue the awesome form they had in the first half of the season. If they fade off we will flush down the table in rapid towards 10-15th place mediocrity.

Honestly it kinda feels like asset stripping what happened yesterday but our wage/turnover I'd pretty healthy (more than good enough for any upcoming changes) so I can think of no other reason to make ourselves so short of anything remotely bear quality.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Disaster of a window is all I Will say. Phillips needs a bit of time but wasn't upto much on his debit.

As for selling the two lads, why in all that is right with the world are we thinning out an already fairly shallow squad hugely lacking in depth of quality with no one coming in. We are literally depending on the front three to continue the awesome form they had in the first half of the season. If they fade off we will flush down the table in rapid towards 10-15th place mediocrity.

Honestly it kinda feels like asset stripping what happened yesterday but our wage/turnover I'd pretty healthy (more than good enough for any upcoming changes) so I can think of no other reason to make ourselves so short of anything remotely bear quality.
I think Philips will come good, given time. The rest of the planning, yeah no idea what’s gone on there!

GlasgowCeltic

I think Philips will come good, given time. The rest of the planning, yeah no idea what’s gone on there!
pointless signing for them considering Alvarez and JWP have been good and they don't even have a buy option for him. Would've been better off getting Bobb or someone to cover the attack

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
pointless signing for them considering Alvarez and JWP have been good and they don't even have a buy option for him. Would've been better off getting Bobb or someone to cover the attack
Maybe one of them is carrying an injury or something? I assume it isn’t a random signing

Koldbeer2021

Supports
West Ham
Maybe one of them is carrying an injury or something? I assume it isn’t a random signing
The idea is to have a solid three in M/F and then an interchangeable fluid front 3, all of whom is capable of scoring.

Its basically Liverpool (lite!) formation during the mid Klopp years with Salah, Firminho and Mane providing goals, movement across the front and creativity but three much more unattractive but really solid names further back keeping everything ticking over.

Phillips should be Soucek replacement but for some bizzare reason Moyes tried to still shoehorn him in last night match for the aerial abilities but it completely disrupted the teams flow. The 2nd half Moyes switched things around and it worked better but its still not great.

If your bringing in Phillips, you have to drop Soucek, otherwise we have one too many of those horsemen in M/F and no where enough creativity.

Our front 6 players when fit and together are probably top 6 quality. The defensive side I feel is much more ropey, though Moyes sets out so thats not as easily exploited. Sadly our strength in depth now is probably about relegation level. So where we finish really will depend on that first 11-13 names on the sheet all staying fit, because the drop off beyond that is basically championship level in terms of recent performances (as proven by Bristol city the other night)