Film Deadpool 3

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Outside of the execution of Cena's Juggernaut , Deadpool 1 was far better than the sequel.

The sequel was a great example of a Reynolds overindulging in the character and was given carte Blanche to do whatever he liked.
The emotional impact of the second was severely, severely lacking because, tonally, the film was all over the shop.

Hamnat

I don't think this spoils much really. You get a completely out of context look at the villian no name or background, or motivations. Vague look at the plot. It seems more to quell any doubts that Disney will water down the R rating. This is clearly hard R with everything you would expect based on the previous 2 Deadpool films.

Big Andy

Bloke
Will it be a 15 or 18? My son will be 15 when it comes out and he's buzzing for it.

Sylar

I don't think this spoils much really. You get a completely out of context look at the villian no name or background, or motivations. Vague look at the plot. It seems more to quell any doubts that Disney will water down the R rating. This is clearly hard R with everything you would expect based on the previous 2 Deadpool films.
Thanks, thats good to know :)

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
It looked clear from the pic how it will be

1.DP proposes teaming up and Wolverine says no
2.Wolverine acquieses and they start training
3. DP and Wolverine work together to take down the baddy
4. DP delivers a 40 minute monologue on the destruction of our planet big the world's richest

flameinthesun

If you're familiar with the New X-Men run you'll know the villain.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I'm sure it'll be decent, but I'm not into the idea of Deadpool being absorbed into the MCU. I'm a big fan of the DP comics despite not being a big Marvel Comics fan in general. Most of the stories aren't part of huge confusing crossovers and batshit multiverse stuff like all the Avengers are (and now the X-Men, annoyingly), so the appeal of the DP films to me was that they are largely self contained as well.

I don't want to have to watch hours of MCU content between each DP instalment. Do I need to watch anything other than Deadpool 1&2 going into this? I've seen the X-Men films a long time ago, and read a few comic runs.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Agree with that.
I do prefer Deadpool to be its own thing separate from the convoluted, dense bland world of the MCU.

I do think Reynolds has been pushing these films into that world though. He wants to be ' part of the gang'.

Oldyella

Anyone else think this version of Wolverine might be old man logan? They can't make him too old though given we got a Logan movie showing him old. Some of the background shots certainly feel like it.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Agree with that.
I do prefer Deadpool to be its own thing separate from the convoluted, dense bland world of the MCU.

I do think Reynolds has been pushing these films into that world though. He wants to be ' part of the gang'.
Probably a lot of money to be made being part of the gang so I guess that makes sense, even though the first two films did well whilst being very much their own separate thing. I guess it creates more opportunities for Deadpool to be paired with different characters, but it still feels like a cash grab rather than a creative choice.

Convoluted and bland is an apt description of the MCU though. Even though they've not been my thing generally, the timeline felt like you could just drop in and watch the films and characters you like at one point. But now it seems like you have to watch every bit of Marvel output for things to make sense. It's something they've done (poorly) with their print output, and it makes reading the current incarnation of X-Men virtually impossible.

Teaming up Deadpool with Cable was an open goal, and instead of tapping it in, they're running the opposite way. I hope I'm wrong, but I think they're heading in the wrong direction, away from what made Deadpool so appealing.

Sylar

DP and Wolverine team up is an open goal too though @OnlyTwoDaSilvas
Ill be honest, i think going towards MCU could be good for DP. Spidey is the obvious one and could be a lot of fun.

MCU bringing in XMen, DP and FF I think is needed.

I watched the trailer and think it was done really well. Didnt spoil much as @Hamnat stated. Looking forward to the movie.

Big Andy

Bloke
I think it would be hilarious if they jump through that portal thing and it turns out they were at the Endgame battle but nobody noticed.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
DP and Wolverine team up is an open goal too though @OnlyTwoDaSilvas
Ill be honest, i think going towards MCU could be good for DP. Spidey is the obvious one and could be a lot of fun.

MCU bringing in XMen, DP and FF I think is needed.

I watched the trailer and think it was done really well. Didnt spoil much as @Hamnat stated. Looking forward to the movie.
It is, though immediately ditching the Cable team-up for it was a strange choice to me. DP & Wolverine could've been further down the line. DP and Cable is by far the best DP comic run, I'd like to have seen them do more with it on screen. One film, where they only teamed up for the 3rd act, didn't feel like enough.

I'm aware I'm just being picky here though, and just projecting what I want as a fan. The team-up is a minor gripe really. My biggest concern is being sucked into the MCU, and the MCU in itself I don't have an issue with, but I just find it a gargantuan task to keep up with all the overlaps and crossovers from the last few years.

I do hope the MCU give the X-Men a solid reboot. The new animated series is cool. I've been craving new X-Men material, but struggling to get into the recent comic run because it's all over the place.

Big Andy

Bloke
It is, though immediately ditching the Cable team-up for it was a strange choice to me. DP & Wolverine could've been further down the line. DP and Cable is by far the best DP comic run, I'd like to have seen them do more with it on screen. One film, where they only teamed up for the 3rd act, didn't feel like enough.

I'm aware I'm just being picky here though, and just projecting what I want as a fan. The team-up is a minor gripe really. My biggest concern is being sucked into the MCU, and the MCU in itself I don't have an issue with, but I just find it a gargantuan task to keep up with all the overlaps and crossovers from the last few years.

I do hope the MCU give the X-Men a solid reboot. The new animated series is cool. I've been craving new X-Men material, but struggling to get into the recent comic run because it's all over the place.
They've really muddied the waters with all this Multiverse shite. I struggle to keep up with all the different universes, timelines, etc.

They had it all in the Infinity Saga, and every movie was great in that run. then Phase 4 and 5 started and they've just been tripe with no real overarching storyline that you can easily follow.

If they bring the X-Men in, they need to do it properly instead of all this multiverse bollocks.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Anyone else think this version of Wolverine might be old man logan? They can't make him too old though given we got a Logan movie showing him old. Some of the background shots certainly feel like it.
Yep, strong vibes of Miller's Old man Logan in that trailer.

It's strange if they're going down that route though. Considering it's a bleak, brutal, emotionally strong story, to throw it into the quirky, off beat dark humorous world of Deadpool seems a bizarre choice.

GazTheLegend

Just discovered that (massive Man Utd fan) Benedict Wong is going to be in this and straight after watching Three Body Problem I'm now more excited for him than for pretty much anything else in this film :lol: :lol:

https://comicbook.com/movies/news/marvel-star-benedict-wong-teases-next-mcu-project-exclusive/

" So, we created this no-nonsense, midfield general librarian with hints of Roy Keane [former Manchester United player] in there. This character has progressed now, and I found out when [director] Sam Raimi was on a conference call and talking me through the story. Here was this legend. He said, 'Of course, you're going to be the Sorcerer Supreme,' and as this geek, it's so great what they've done with the character and how he stands toe-to-toe with Doctor Strange." "

Realise this is for something else but the quotes just too good to waste trying to find a better place for it to fit.

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
Getting more than a little tired of saving the world/this universe, jumping across universes to find easter eggs and whoop at celeb cameos, making samey-ish redemption arcs. Just boring boring filmmaking.