Dean Henderson | Crystal Palace Player

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Not surprised he has a new (PL) club before DdG.
He’ll do well at Palace.

Josep Dowling

£15m, bargain price in todays market. Only United could sell a proven, young, English player for so little.

miked99

"Click to hear from Dean Henderson"

No, I don't think I will.

criticalanalysis

He was a talent in very good form after his Sheffield United loans. Then in the last 3 years he has barely played due to a combination of injuries at very pivotal times.

He's got a lot to do to get back that sharpness and develop more of his game. Palace will suit him and Hodgson is a good manager to give him that faith and arm around the shoulder.

Glad hes gone. Not as good as we or he thinks he is and the rumours of his attitude have plagued him.

Kingofwinners

Best of luck to you Dean. Wish you all the best at Palace, admire you wanting first team football .

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
£15m, bargain price in todays market. Only United could sell a proven, young, English player for so little.
He's one of the highest paid goalkeepers in the league. Naturally that will limit the fee we can get for him.

SAFMUTD

He was on huge wages and comes from a long injury. We could have got at least 35-40M for him after his spell at Sheffield but we're to attach to keep academy players it seems.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He did well at every level and club, no doubt he will continue to do so for Palace.

Revan

Assumptionman
Should have sold him to Chelsea went fat Frank was prepared to spend 40m on him
Yep. We could have gotten good money for Williams too if we sold him 2 years ago.

I fear we will say the same for McTominay when we well for 10-15m in a year or two.

SambaBoy

Not a modern day GK. His ball playing ability is not the best - great at the basics though and brave off his line.

Good luck to him, he'll do well at Palace.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Congrats on the new addition to the (red) family, Deano!

Last edited:

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Awww he’s tearing up there. Thought he came across well and acknowledged that sometimes he doesn’t come across well. Good luck to him & good luck in fatherhood

Bale Bale Bale

Supports
Spurs
Seems a bit of a strange signing for Palace given they already have Johnstone who is a decent keeper, that 15-20m could've been better used elsewhere. They've desperately needed a striker for ages now and they still somehow have Joel Ward and Nathaniel Clyne as their RBs.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
He was a talent in very good form after his Sheffield United loans. Then in the last 3 years he has barely played due to a combination of injuries at very pivotal times.
Yep, yet people constantly give him shit for demanding to go out on loan instead of the probable season of sitting on the bench behind De Gea yet again. Then they give other players shit for being happy to just sit around collecting their wage without playing.

He does sometimes come across a bit poorly, but people have overblown it massively and make out that he's one of the biggest cnuts out there.

acnumber9

Yep, yet people constantly give him shit for demanding to go out on loan instead of the probable season of sitting on the bench behind De Gea yet again. Then they give other players shit for being happy to just sit around collecting their wage without playing.

He does sometimes come across a bit poorly, but people have overblown it massively and make out that he's one of the biggest cnuts out there.
People don’t give him shit for wanting to go on loan. They give him shit for the ill conceived arrogance, complaining and allegedly leaking stuff to the press.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
People don’t give him shit for wanting to go on loan. They give him shit for the ill conceived arrogance, complaining and allegedly leaking stuff to the press.
One of the biggest things people complain about (and use as proof of his arrogance and complaining) is the 'I don't want ETH to see me' quote. Something which was very obviously meant in that he didn't want to be forced to stay on the bench, seeing as he'd obviously have loved to stay here if he thought ETH would play him as the #1.

The key word in your last point is the word 'allegedly'. I remember quite a few names being put forward, but the only two who seemed to get shit for it were the ones that social media had already decided they didn't like (Lingard and Henderson). I remember Matic and Rashford also being part of the alleged leakers, plus a couple of others (Bailly and De Gea I think, but I'm not 100% certain on them). Plus there's also the simple likelihood that it was a family member or staff member (or a family member of staff), rather than an actual player deliberately doing it.

I hate people being shit-talked and disliked due to social media rumours, and that is absolutely what happened with Henderson. They may have been some truth in them, but until it's proven I'll take it all as a load of bull.

acnumber9

One of the biggest things people complain about (and use as proof of his arrogance and complaining) is the 'I don't want ETH to see me' quote. Something which was very obviously meant in that he didn't want to be forced to stay on the bench, seeing as he'd obviously have loved to stay here if he thought ETH would play him as the #1.

The key word in your last point is the word 'allegedly'. I remember quite a few names being put forward, but the only two who seemed to get shit for it were the ones that social media had already decided they didn't like (Lingard and Henderson). I remember Matic and Rashford also being part of the alleged leakers, plus a couple of others (Bailly and De Gea I think, but I'm not 100% certain on them). Plus there's also the simple likelihood that it was a family member or staff member (or a family member of staff), rather than an actual player deliberately doing it.

I hate people being shit-talked and disliked due to social media rumours, and that is absolutely what happened with Henderson. They may have been some truth in them, but until it's proven I'll take it all as a load of bull.
And that quote will serve as part of the ill conceived arrogance I talked about.

There isn’t a player you mentioned there that wasn’t slaughtered by our fan base. It could be a family member, though the obvious fan fiction written by the likes of Luckhurst certainly point directly at Henderson.

Bottom line is that he is a mediocre keeper that will be forgotten the moment he stops playing and he thinks all too highly of himself. He’s gone to Palace because nobody else was willing to match the fee we got and he’s roughly fifth choice keeper for England.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Wait, we are now laughing to our former players' injuries?