December Fixtures

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Only one game left in Nov, one where I expect a lot of players to be rested so attention turns to next month where we operate on 2 games a week

1st Dec - Villa (h)
4th Dec - Spurs (h)
7th Dec - Man City (a)
12th Dec - AZ (h)
15th Dec - Everton (h)
18th Dec - Colchester (h)
22nd Dec - Watford (a)
26th Dec - Newcastle (h)
28th Dec - Burnley (a)
1st Jan - Arsenal (a)

Can see a underwhelming start to the month as Spurs benefiting from the new manager bounce will get the result Mourinho will play for and then City away but can see a strong end starting with AZ hopefully securing top spot in our Europa group. Of course Everton, Watford and Arsenal could all have new managers by the time we play them :nervous:

BrokeDR

We will struggle mightily. International breaks have allowed us to recover, rest, and regroup. Our lack of squad depth will be exposed.

MrVolley

That fixture list looks tough. I can't see any progress in league placing by the end of December

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Rest the first team and focus on Europa from now. Couldn’t give a shit about the league games anymore, they’re pointless.

soapythecat

With no decent CM players for the first 3 of those games, maybe more, I see is struggling. Could be tough for Ole to survive the month if he doesn’t get a few early wins.
Man, do we need some midfielders.

fergosaurus

Looks very congested. I dread to think how many injuries will materialise during this period with how thin our squad is.

theklr

It is do or die for OGS now.

Nothing would please me more than getting a good run, but im very very afraid...

croadyman

Really hope we do not see a December similar to that 2015 one we had under LVG when we were garbage. How he survived that defeat against Norwich I will never know.

I get the impression that Villa are being underestimated on here,remember how they should have beat Arsenal and unlucky not to get something against Liverpool.

Got a feeling that McGinn will tear it up and then there is that giant Wesley up front,we know how well Utd cope with big strikers. Hopefully we don't give Hourihane any free kicks in a dangerous area on Sunday after watching tonight's game.

Last edited:

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
I've gone for:

1st Dec - Villa (h) - WIN
4th Dec - Spurs (h) - LOSE
7th Dec - Man City (a) - LOSE
12th Dec - AZ (h) - WIN
15th Dec - Everton (h) - DRAW
18th Dec - Colchester (h) - WIN
22nd Dec - Watford (a) - DRAW
26th Dec - Newcastle (h) - WIN
28th Dec - Burnley (a) - LOSE
1st Jan - Arsenal (a) - LOSE

Raw

Villa - W
Spurs - D
City - L
AZ - D
Everton - W
Colchester - W
Watford - W
Newcastle - W
Burnley - D
Arsenal - D

It'll be poor but I don't think it'll be that bad. Maybe another random loss somewhere, maybe Burnley.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
We will struggle mightily. International breaks have allowed us to recover, rest, and regroup. Our lack of squad depth will be exposed.
Players are coming back. Pogba, McTominay, TFM, Dalot, Bailly and Matic will all be back in December too.

Obviously, we are short of options in attack.

Jonno

Villa (h) - W
Spurs (h) - D
Man City (a) - L
AZ (h) - W
Everton (h) - W
Colchester (h) - W
Watford (a) - D
Newcastle (h) - W
Burnley (a) - L
Arsenal (a) - L

Outcome:
9th in the league come January but slightly further in the cups. We're on course for our worst league finish in a very long time and potentially a lucky bounce in a cup. That's where we are as a club and it's absolutely heartbreaking we've let it happen.

redshaw

Will be interesting to see who is left to play in Jan after that many games.

Under normal circumstances, I would expect us to win all our December games bar the derby, but it's impossible to predict anything just now. We'll drop more than points.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
One game at a time. Wins over Villa and Spurs will be huge for us. Little chance of a result at City. We need a fit squad ASAP

Irwin99

None of the PL games matter. Top 4 is gone IMO.
The season's stated objective from Ole over after just 13 games? I'm not entirely pessimistic that it's gone already but I think Europa League is probably the best option.

Other than City it's hard to predict what we can expect from that. This league is mental anyway, virtually any team can beat another. Squad depth is a big concern.

Bestietom

Players are coming back. Pogba, McTominay, TFM, Dalot, Bailly and Matic will all be back in December too.

Obviously, we are short of options in attack.
Pogba had a setback and will not be ready until over the Christmas period or January. More than likely he will be sold before he comes back in January.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Pogba had a setback and will not be ready until over the Christmas period or January. More than likely he will be sold before he comes back in January.
More than likely ay? And where is your prognosis that he won’t be back until Xmas/January coming from?

Alabaster Codify7

1st Dec - Villa (h) 3-0 United.
4th Dec - Spurs (h) 0- 1 Spurs.
7th Dec - Man City (a) 3-1 City.
12th Dec - AZ (h) 2-1 United.
15th Dec - Everton (h) 2-0 United.
18th Dec - Colchester (h) 4-0 United.
22nd Dec - Watford (a) 0-2 United.
26th Dec - Newcastle (h) 1-1.
28th Dec - Burnley (a) 1-1.
1st Jan - Arsenal (a) 2-3 United.

Hughie77

I think, the league will take care of itself, I think we finish were we finish, I know it's not what everyone wants including me, but you have to be realistic, this youngish team along with whatever is brought in in Jan or the summer, will need time to develop into a proper team, consistent team, continuity in results, that is all we can do, that's because, it's been a mess in last 6 years or so. To rip it up and start again is the best way forward, and it looks like that's how it will be. Xmas period will be what it will be , could win them all, could lose them all.

I think it will be somewhere in the middle.

Reiver

I've almost forgotten what it's like to go into December feeling optimistic and not hoping for a change of manager.

Irwin99

Spurs and City are obviously the two biggies but we usually play better in the bigger games. Spurs are looking much improved but are still leaking goals, and City are falling away from the title race. If we get anything out of them games then I think December could be a good month. Lose in those two and the atmosphere might sour but the games afterwards are pretty favourable especially the ones at OT. It's a pretty kind set of fixtures from mid December onward.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Spurs and City games are biggest two games for Ole and us since he took over. If we fail to win against Spurs and lose against City "in a style" that will be the end of him and probably CL hopes.
But if we beat Spurs and with some miracle draw against City, he will get time to buy new players in january.

wolvored

Villa (h) - D
Spurs (h) - L
Man City (a) - D. Everyone will marvel at the result despite being outplayed and camped in our own half for 3/4 of the game.
AZ (h) - Depends what team he plays. 1st team mainly we win.
Everton (h) - W
Colchester (h) - W
Watford (a) - D
Newcastle (h) - D
Burnley (a) - L
Arsenal (a) - L
We will be 9th/10th, 14/15 points off 4th.
Despite what Woody says we start the new year with Ole as transfer guru/overlord/general manager or some fancy title and Pocc as head coach

wolvored

I think, the league will take care of itself, I think we finish were we finish, I know it's not what everyone wants including me, but you have to be realistic, this youngish team along with whatever is brought in in Jan or the summer, will need time to develop into a proper team, consistent team, continuity in results, that is all we can do, that's because, it's been a mess in last 6 years or so. To rip it up and start again is the best way forward, and it looks like that's how it will be. Xmas period will be what it will be , could win them all, could lose them all.

I think it will be somewhere in the middle.
So true :lol: