Deco to Newcastle...

Marching

Somehow still supports Leeds
...maybe.

I was told he was due for a medical on Tuesday.

Phil

Doubt it like..

Would have a tough time in the Premiership, class player though.

the_box

Supports
Newcastle United
08 july 2007, english newschannel Sky Sports reported that Barcelona and Newcastle had reached an agreement with Newcastle paying the spanish club 23 millions £. The same source told that Deco allready had accepted a contract of four years and that only a medical remained before the player would be revealed for the The Toons. The deal has not yet been confirmed by either Newcastle or Barcelona officals, but it is likely that skysports has right in this matter. This will be a part of the new Newcastle team the new bos,
if it's on wikipedia, and full of more grammatical mistakes than the newbie forum, it must be true.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
:lol:

A player of Deco's class to Newcastle?!

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Mourinho will sign him to give him special place on the bench for the whole season, just like he did with another great player - Maniche.

EZee

was in the lies of the world on sunday I think that they wanted deco or raul...

cant blme them for trying but if deco leaves barca i bet there will be a lot of clubs after him and probably clubs who can offer him champions league... Inter have been strongly likked for a start.

GledTheRed

was in the lies of the world on sunday I think that they wanted deco or raul...

cant blme them for trying but if deco leaves barca i bet there will be a lot of clubs after him and probably clubs who can offer him champions league... Inter have been strongly likked for a start.
:lol:

Drifter

American
Wouldn't laugh.Big sam as prooved that he can attract big name players.

botond

i hope he goes,in that shit team thats suits him ...the fecker

RedRover

Wouldn't laugh.Big sam as prooved that he can attract big name players.
Newcastle have attracted big name players in thepast but why would Deco want to move to the North east?

The weather's crap, the football isn't much better and living in Newcastle is like living in a goldfish bowl.

I canr see him leaving Barca for anywhere other than Italy.

EZee

Excellent young player, heart of a lion and balls of steel. Newcastle should have a much better defensive this season with Big Sam sorting them and Taylor and Rozenhal at the back.
they need a decent left back... mind you they have needed one of those for years...

davisjw

Wouldn't mind seeing Deco in the Premier and Big Sam can pull off some strange signings.. But for that much? Don't think he's got that much to spend his first season, maybe after he takes the team to come Euro tournament but I doubt the money is there for that when he can get at least two solid signings for that much...

RedRover

Excellent young player, heart of a lion and balls of steel. Newcastle should have a much better defensive this season with Big Sam sorting them and Taylor and Rozenhal at the back.
Taylor has the potential to be a good player but he does look dodgy sometimes. seems to get lost under the flight of the ball from time to time.

Still - he's better than Titus Bramble :D

RedRover

Wouldn't mind seeing Deco in the Premier and Big Sam can pull off some strange signings.. But for that much? Don't think he's got that much to spend his first season, maybe after he takes the team to come Euro tournament but I doubt the money is there for that when he can get at least two solid signings for that much...
I'd say the money is their given the fact that the new owner is a billionaire. I think he'll want to get some early support from the fans and signing a player like Deco wouldn't be a bad start.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Imagine Barton and Deco in the same midfield. The two little cnuts would form a giant stretched cnut on the pitch. Not to mention the shrieking noises known to come from the mouth of Barton.

MThomas

Figo: In Spain we called Benitez 'píldora para dor
Shearer was the exception
Martins got booted out of Inter
Owen didnt have a choice, Liverpool werent interested in paying a large fee and Newcastle were offering him insane wages. Not to mention the fact that they were kind enough to insert a clause allowing him to leave for almost half of what Newcastle paid for him

davisjw

I'd say the money is their given the fact that the new owner is a billionaire. I think he'll want to get some early support from the fans and signing a player like Deco wouldn't be a bad start.
Not every billionaire is willing to throw down that much. Big Sam has already spent a solid amount, this much more on one player would surprise me.

Be a great leader for them though and would cause a wankfest for fans. I want to see a revival of classic teams including Newcastle.