Television Defending Jacob

SirAF

Ageist
Watched the finale yesterday - brilliant mini series imo.

James_42

I thought the ending was a bit flat, but was still a great series to watch.

SirAF

Ageist
Just finished it now, actually realized I should post my thoughts about it here and not in the Recommend a series thread, but just replied there cause strangely this thread is bone bare.
Yeah, I’d mostly agree with your post in that thread. I could be wrong, but I don’t think a second season will happen since this was supposed to be a mini series and they’ve exhausted the original story now.

SirAnderson

Yeah, I’d mostly agree with your post in that thread. I could be wrong, but I don’t think a second season will happen since this was supposed to be a mini series and they’ve exhausted the original story now.
True, usually mini leave its all there.
But the way they leave it, kinda opens the door to a possibility, even though it's remote as I agree, it's exhausted the core of what it's about.

SirAF

Ageist
But the way they leave it, kinda opens the door to a possibility, even though it's remote as I agree, it's exhausted the core of what it's about.
Yeah - I imagine it would be quite a task to get Chris Evans back as well.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Expected good things from this. It was Pretty average. Double the amount of episodes it needed to be. Limp performances mirrored by some brilliant ones.

I don’t think it played with its central theme anywhere near enough to justify being that long. Missed opportunity. Far too much filler.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
I liked this more than I expected to, could have been an episode shorter. Overall a very fresh take on your run of the mill murder mystery / court room drama shows. I also liked that they did not definitely answer the main central question.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Enjoyed this a lot. As others have said, I don't think they played with the issues involved enough to justify having the eight episodes, but I was never left too bored by the wheel-spinning either.

I think the climax with him confessing to the murder, but only under duress was just about clever enough for them to get away with not giving a definitive payoff.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Great show but with a very meh ending.
Basically this. A lot better then I excepted. The atmosphere is great and at times looks like it is made by David Fincher (clearly influenced by his work imo). Michelle Dockery is also absolutely brilliant in her role.

Only bad part was the ending which wasn't that bad, but it had potential for much more. Even ending it at any point before the last 5 - 10 minutes would have been much better.

Still, a very good/great series all together.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Basically this. A lot better then I excepted. The atmosphere is great and at times looks like it is made by David Fincher (clearly influenced by his work imo). Michelle Dockery is also absolutely brilliant in her role.

Only bad part was the ending which wasn't that bad, but it had potential for much more. Even ending it at any point before the last 5 - 10 minutes would have been much better.

Still, a very good/great series all together.
I agree. A totally different last few mins could have made it so much better.

That said the series long flash forwards would have either had to be accomodated differently or removed.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Watched the first episode. Really enjoyed it. Looking forward to see how it goes.

Had the book for a while but never got around to reading it.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Really enjoyed this. Thought the Barber family were portrayed very well by their respective actors/actresses.

Probably one or two episodes too long, but overall I thought it was excellent. Liked the ambiguity over whether or not Jacob actually killed Ben. One of those series I would like another series of but I’m not sure how they’d make it work so it’s probably best left with just the one.

Web of Bissaka

References to MCU?
  1. Andy" "I make the call around here".
  2. Andy watched by two securities: "Come on, you don't think I'm going to jump out of the window or something".
  3. Laurie: "Just like you've said, whatever it takes".

Intentional no doubt.
(Winter Soldier and Endgame)