Destiny

ghagua

Park, Giggs and Carrick got us to a CL final so I don't see this as an issue so long as our tactics are right and we have a bit of luck
Park, Giggs and Carrick could defend and create. Our current midfield cannot do either against any top quality opposition. Also the champions league has much better teams than when we reached the last final.

Sterling Archer

Park, Giggs and Carrick could defend and create. Our current midfield cannot do either against any top quality opposition. Also the champions league has much better teams than when we reached the last final.
When we last reached the final we played the greatest ever Barcelona team managed by Pep Guardiola. The other teams in the competition weren’t so bad either.

Is it possible that you’re being over the top in your criticism?

“Paul Pogba, Nemanja Matic and whomever else can’t defend or create.”

Adding ‘quality opposition’ doesn’t somehow make that statement any less silly. If you’re so disheartened by our midfield what would be the midfield trio you would ideally have instead? How about Madrid’s in their current form? They won back to back CLs. Or are they garbage too?

Try being a little optimistic. That’s what the OP was trying for.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Its funny all the other times we won it, we had basically the best side in Europe and an era defining side full of legends. This would be an underwhelming triumph compared to those, yet the fact it would be so against the odds would be pretty awesome too.

Sterling Archer

Its funny all the other times we won it, we had basically the best side in Europe and an era defining side full of legends. This would be an underwhelming triumph compared to those, yet the fact it would be so against the odds would be pretty awesome too.
Considering some of our domestic rivals' wins being exactly that kind of unexpected, I would love one such for ourselves. And bigger dark horses have won before us .

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Considering some of our domestic rivals' wins being exactly that kind of unexpected, I would love one such for ourselves. And bigger dark horses have won before us .
Oh of course, and I would argue we should have way more trophies in the cabinet for what we have contributed to Europe over the years. Just saying its notable that when we do win one, they're usually etched in legend and the crowning glory after decade of build up. It does make them more memorable and unique, unless of course you win like Liverpool did in Istanbul which is also just as glorious.. Chelsea in 2012 was abit meh though.

Get Bailly fit, and if Sanchez and Martial find a way to play together and Pogba is unleashed - we are a dangerous side, no doubt about it - even the most negative of posters can't deny we have a fighting chance, the Sanchez signing was a game changer for sure. Bailly is key though, without him that defence is a shambles in terms of character and we're going to need to defend for our lives because 9/10 teams will outplay us.

ghagua

When we last reached the final we played the greatest ever Barcelona team managed by Pep Guardiola. The other teams in the competition weren’t so bad either.

Is it possible that you’re being over the top in your criticism?

“Paul Pogba, Nemanja Matic and whomever else can’t defend or create.”

Adding ‘quality opposition’ doesn’t somehow make that statement any less silly. If you’re so disheartened by our midfield what would be the midfield trio you would ideally have instead? How about Madrid’s in their current form? They won back to back CLs. Or are they garbage too?

Try being a little optimistic. That’s what the OP was trying for.
Not sure what you've been watching, but Pogba and Matic get dominated like subservient b!tches against most top opposition. Most recent game was against Spurs who made them look like Sunday league players. We have had a couple of decent results against the top 6, but every one of those games our midfield was dominated when those 2 were paired together.

Sterling Archer

Not sure what you've been watching, but Pogba and Matic get dominated like subservient b!tches against most top opposition. Most recent game was against Spurs who made them look like Sunday league players. We have had a couple of decent results against the top 6, but every one of those games our midfield was dominated when those 2 were paired together.
So is it that they’re bad, incompetent and incapable players not worthy of a United shirt or do we need to modify our tactics to get the best out of them? Oh idk say adding another solid midfield player so that it’s not 2 v 3 as was often the case against Spurs?

Or answer the question you ignored - who would you rather have? And limit yourself to a midfield two because that’s the extent of your criticism.

The_Order

Compared to the first it's a shallow comparison currently :(

Maybe after 2 years of extra content it'll be comparable.
Can't expect 6 month old game to match a predecessor with 3 years worth of content

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Can't expect 6 month old game to match a predecessor with 3 years worth of content
It should have been released with that much content in the first place! Destiny 1 was absolutely bare for the first few years, they didn't learn from their mistake.

God knows why they thought they could do the same again and people wouldn't get annoyed.

Pacificgi

Dont think we're good enough to get the vibe. Against the good teams this season except arsenal we've struggled. Most recently against spurs where they were too good for us.

Id expect the likes of bayern, barce, real madrid, juventus to beat us comfortably over 2 legs not to mention if we had to play city id think we'd lose. Chelsea and spurs games over 2 legs would be interesting

We should be okay getting past sevilla though

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
Anyone feel that ‘it is written’ that we’ll win the Champions League this year? 60 years after the tragedy in Munich.

As you all know, we won it on the 10th anniversary (1968), 40th (98/99), and the 50th (2008).

I know those Busby Babes are shining down on us... we’re gonna do it!
‘99, ‘08, ‘17, ‘26. Sorry guys, next European trophy is 8 years away.
He is talking about Champions league, not Europa league! Don't give me "european trophy" thing.

Was thinking about it the other day, wolud be nice. 4 times, la!

Moonred

He is talking about Champions league, not Europa league! Don't give me "european trophy" thing.

Was thinking about it the other day, wolud be nice. 4 times, la!
I know what he means. I am giving you my spurious logic. Plus the OP has bent rules to fit his narrative. It will be grand if we do win and we can all run around naked.

ghagua

So is it that they’re bad, incompetent and incapable players not worthy of a United shirt or do we need to modify our tactics to get the best out of them? Oh idk say adding another solid midfield player so that it’s not 2 v 3 as was often the case against Spurs?

Or answer the question you ignored - who would you rather have? And limit yourself to a midfield two because that’s the extent of your criticism.
I am not ignoring your question, I don't give a shite if it's 2 or 3 or however many. I just want the fecking midfield to be sorted out.

Sterling Archer

I am not ignoring your question, I don't give a shite if it's 2 or 3 or however many. I just want the fecking midfield to be sorted out.
You and me both. I'm at the point that if Jose is sticking with two in the middle then dump Pogba to the bench. He is just useless right now . We would honestly be better off with Matic and Lee Cattermole. (Yes extreme)

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Anyone feel that ‘it is written’ that we’ll win the Champions League this year? 60 years after the tragedy in Munich.

As you all know, we won it on the 10th anniversary (1968), 40th (98/99), and the 50th (2008).

I know those Busby Babes are shining down on us... we’re gonna do it!

We won a European cup last season I think that's our quota for the next 10 years unfortunately

Kaushalmanutd

I believe we gonna do it. No red tinted spectacles, not being overly romantic, just a gut feeling that against all the odds we would be bringing the big ears home. It wont be pretty but we would arrive and announce ourselves big time. Would be overcoming either city or bayern enroute to the final but manutd would be lifting the champions league in kyiv.

Again , not being deluded in thinking that we are the best or have world class players in every position or we can match any team pound for pound but we would be rugged, tough and will rise to the occasion. I can feel it.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
I'll be surprised if we make the semis tbh. Think there are far better teams in Europe than us and when we face decent opposition we struggle.

DRM

No, we're an average side.
Madrid, Barca, city, Bayern would absolutely crush us.